Mini Padder

Mini Padder 5.4.3

DinirNertan

DinirNertan updated Mini Padder with a new update entry:

Joystick Skin Fix

Do a Fuzzy Parry

There was a bug in 8-way dpad/stick skins where quickly moving from right/down to left/up will overwrite the new direction being active with the previous one being inactive.

It becomes noticeable when you try to do "fuzzy parry" in Tekken 7, where you mix down-forward with back or a back dash (d/f~b).

It turned...

Read the rest of this update entry...

DinirNertan

Thanks for liking my overlay for the exact reasons I wanted to make one. There was a game where the distance you push the sticks matters, and the only videos with an input overlay were showing them as small sticks in a big gamepad sprite, mangled every time most parts of the video change. It was impossible to see how the player moves the sticks in those videos. Making things standing out, and making all of them fit into a small area are my main consideration making the default skins for Mini Padder.

this'd be easier to work with, though, at least at first setup, if the options were accessible by pasting/typing the json right in the "custom css" box in OBS's browser source properties. i misunderstood at first and wondered why my changes weren't applying properly.

I am not sure about this idea. Custom CSS is meant to take control of the style of a web page, from the outside. It's the place to make visual changes to an app when they're not supported by the app. I don't know if it's even allowed for a loaded web page, inside a browser source, to access the CSS on the browser source.

Currently Custom CSS is used to make changes on the style of the Control Panel, and to selectively hide some gamepads by their ID. The hiding feature should be defined inside Control Panel instead, but let's see when I get the energy to work on it.

DinirNertan

Log Delayed Frames

A browser capture can stop for a brief time and delay rendering of some frames in the time when it's previously hidden, or the computer briefly becomes busy. This update changes the behaviour of Error Log so it can log when delayed frames occur.
  • log 'warning' messages to Error Log
  • change timestamps in Error Log to local time string
  • warn when delayed frames occur

DinirNertan

Joystick Skin Layout for MakeStick

This is a layout where face buttons are laid in the middle, and the buttons are close to each other.
While making this layout, I decided to represent the vertical position of buttons to the stick, and made the change to A layout as well. V layout didn't need it because it's already made with that in mind, so this change should've already been made to keep the consistency between joystick variations.

Most...

DinirNertan

DinirNertan

Change on Default Fade-out Values

An input fading right after being released makes it much easier to tell inputs that were just involved in the action a moment ago, and ones that are not involved in the action currently happening. I decided to make this a default set of values after using it for a while.

Value<=3.10.23.10.3
Time8, 16, 320, 8, 12
Opacity0.5, 0.1, 00.5, 0.1, 0
Duration41

DinirNertan

Joystick M Layout Adjustment (2)

• Adjusted the position of sub buttons in M layouts so it looks less different to the actual joystick while keeping the buttons in a row.
  • The button row and the main area of the stick and face buttons are slightly distanced so there is a space for the start button between them, if someone wants to add it in the skin.
  • Sprites for a smaller button for joystick skins are added to the spritesheets.

DinirNertan

Stabilized Idle Stick Position, and New Skin for a Bike Game

Added a new skin Biker which is made to imitate the input overlay of Trials Rising. While trying to make this skin, I found some ways to expand the skin customization capability. Making this skin also got me into fixing a lasting bug, where the sticks were stuttering during fading out if they're not at the exact centre position.

• make...

DinirNertan

Easier Control Panel Use & DualSense Mapping

There are some small changes in the control panel to help understanding it better at a glance. The order of the items are changed based on what I expect to be used more frequently. And now there's a prompt telling a user that it's waiting for an input. 'I don't see anything' is the first sentence most frequently said by people I watched trying to set up Mini Padder, so I think there should be a bigger amount of people who were confused by that and stopped using. I hope this prompt will...

DinirNertan

Deadzone Update

This update is made thanks to my 3-year-old DualShock4, of which the right stick started to shift wildly.

Deadzone

I made a change so I can continue using my DualShock4 with Mini Padder, and I believe this will help other people having a gamepad with unbalanced analog sticks. I meant to make this update sometime ago, but having to touch various places in the code scared me. I did it, and as I...

DinirNertan

Diagonal Indicator and Constant Thickness Trigger Buttons

Diagonal Indicator
Since I added Disc D-pad and Mega Pad skins, the lack of a diagonal indicator in default skins always bothered me. Accidental diagonal inputs are bane of my existence, so being able to properly tell if such happened is very important to me, hence this release.
The sprite for the indicator is not final, and I'll keep contemplating about a possibly better sprite for it. But...

DinirNertan

Separate Deadzone Adjustment

In previous update I made a change to set deadzone for each stick separately, but at once when you click the corresponding button. This turned out to be not so great as I often find out I got one stick set but not the others. I needed to set one stick while keeping the other's value, and I ended up editing the mapping json manually.

So in this update, the deadzone setting buttons are finally divided into two...

DinirNertan

Attempt to Fix Default MegaPad Layout

This update brings a change to MegaPad skin after I actually learned about the terrible present that is all the differences between two modern sega gamepads: Retro-Bit ones and 8BitDo's M30. It was so exhausting to realize the truth so I am gonna share what I could find in the journey below. I'll put changelog right below because the journey was quite long.
  • replaced MegaPad skin variations
    removed button label variations, and added mapping variations
    This may render any custom...

DinirNertan

Cleaning Up the Skin List

I did an ego search yesterday and found out someone made a video walkthrough on how to use Mini Padder. Thank you so much for spreading the words, Andilippi!

While watching the video I also found out that I forgot to remove the megapad variations from the skin list. Mini Padder would remove it from the list and put a default skin back to the gamepad slot, but it would be confusing to have a skin on the list that seemingly won't change anything.

This release fixes this bug and cleans up the...

DinirNertan

Custom Skin Extension Expansion

The accepted extension was `.mpskin.json`, but now the app looks for .json, .txt, and .mpskin.json, in that order.

All the default skins' config files are changed to `.json`, but any custom skins made before this update having `.mpskin.json` will still work. Wiki and a template for sharing a custom skin on GitHub also got updated to follow the change. Now you can directly load a custom skin downloaded from...

DinirNertan

New Batch of 6-button Pads Added

It's for HORI Fighting Commander, and its many variants up to the recent model called 'OCTA'.

While making this, one of the features I wanted to add which could make a dpad showing up, while its background shows behind the stick background, so the stick movement is still easy to read, with the dpad also readable at the same time. And it can provide more visibility to dpad when the stick is not often in use, as dpad...

DinirNertan

Color Change on Control Panel

View attachment 77518

This is a simple change you can immediately notice. I hope this looks better.
Also I found that scrollbar customization is working on OBS 27.0.1 Browser, so I changed the look of it. Finally all the three rounded corners are now visible. I made the top-left corner to be not round so users can use the corner pixel to tell if cropping worked well. But I don't know if anyone is actually doing that, so I might make it round later.

Background returned to...

DinirNertan

Assignment Order Change

I found that if R2 in a controller emits signal as both an axis and a button, it can interfere the left stick assignment and be wrongly assigned as left stick x axis. I changed the order so this can be avoided, unless a controller sending a touchpad click signal as an axis appears and gets popular.

A mapping for 'Unknown Gamepad' is also added. I found it appearing when my DualShock4 is plugged and not having its lightbar lighting. Since I believe DualShock4 is a standard DInput controller...