Sophster

Hey there,

I'm in the process of screen recording Mini DVs to digitize them. I'm using OBS version 29.0.2 (mac) on a 2013 Macbook Air.

Running the Mini DVs from a camcorder (a Canon Elura 2) to my PC using an RGB cable plugged in to the HDMI Docking Station that comes with the camcorder (it's a 32 pin HDMI, model DU-200), and ran through one of those "Easy Cap" RGB/S to USB converters.

The camcorder hardware is in good condition despite being made in 1999, probably since it's been in a box in my family's basement since it was last used in the early 2000's.

The problem is that even though the Mini DV plays perfectly on the camcorder, when I open it up in OBS, the preview of the video (AND the recording when played back) looks "divided" or like it's in quadrants, with a black and green bar. It's not like static because it doesn't jump around or move in the way that static or "snow" moves. It's just there... See attached images for reference.

I've already tried: different Mini DV cassettes (all of them have this error), cleaning the heads on the camcorder with the Mini DV cleaning tape, unplugging and re-plugging, restarting both the software and the laptop, and adjusting the aspect ratio in OBS.

I thought that maybe this was due to some sort of malconfiguration in the OBS settings, but after trying all the framing and preview options, the issue still persists.

My question is: have any of you have tried using OBS for this sort of digitizing work, and if you've ever seen this type of issue?

Open to any and all suggestions to fix this.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 2.png
    2.png
    134 KB · Views: 21