Attachments

• QQ20191103-135107@2x.png
    QQ20191103-135107@2x.png
    439.8 KB · Views: 229
  • QQ20191103-135357@2x.png
    QQ20191103-135357@2x.png
    248.1 KB · Views: 211

rachalmers

Whenever I record a video, if I move it into iMovie for simple edits, I can't play the video if it was recorded with OBS. The program just hangs. Any fixes? I'm on Catalina 10.15.1.
Did you try importing it, or just moving it? I record all mine in mp4, then iMovie just accepts them easily.

MechanisM

my desktop audio is disabled
I've never seen that it was enabled lol.. on macOS it's always disabled and you have to use things like iShowU Audio Capture and make some other settings.. and only after that you can add desktop sounds to OBS..
Wonder why it's not built into OBS.. lots of apps can access desktop sounds(like Shazam etc)

rachalmers

Are we any closer to a solution for this? Any stable upgrade soon? It's kind of working with Catalina-2 build, but still has issues.

vmattprice

+1 on Rachalmers post above..

Better, but still a few things broken. Camera feeds are massively delayed, audio gets WAY out of sync, etc.. Please get this resolved... MacOS users who leverage OBS are eagerly waiting on a resolution.

rachalmers

Doesn't seem to work with my mac
What sort of Mac are you running, and what version of the OS? I'm presuming Catalina.
I moved the original Application of OBS to org-OBS in the Application folder, then installed this one.
http://obsproject.com/downloads/obs-24.0.3-installer-catalina-fix-02.dmg
Mad sure nothing else was running on the screen, and the new install started, and asked me to set a couple of permissions in Settings. It also keeps asking me to update - but it wants me to update to an earlier version so not sure what's happening there.
But anyway, it works with my settings from the original install still in place. I have a screen capture, a mic capture and the sound from the onscreen game, and my webcam, with a green screen background.
It seems to work ok, except now and then for no reason I can see it just exits. Starts up again no worries though.
I'm on a Mac Mini 2012, 16gb ram and a Logitech webcam, Focusrite and Shure 55S mic etc. Two monitors.
I feel it's still a little unstable and am waiting for the developers to iron out any basic bugs, which I'm sure they are. The latest update to Catalina, 10.15.1 hasn't had any effect on it that I can see. I've done a few videos with it now. You can see the release version on the top of the window. Me in the bottom left etc.
Screenshot 2019-11-06 07.53.26.png

LoonyGeekFun

24.0.3-21-g4cb53279-modified (mac) is working for me with screen capturing and streamdeck works a bit, enough to change scenes but toggle buttons do not work, they toggle once and not back

good enough to stream though, good work so far

Fish80

24.0.3-21-g4cb53279-modified (mac) is working for me with screen capturing and streamdeck works a bit, enough to change scenes but toggle buttons do not work, they toggle once and not back

good enough to stream though, good work so far
Where did you download that version?

MartinPM

Hi, I'm running 24.0.2, no modified version.
When im trying to turn on or modify an external camera or the internal Macbook webcam, OBS crashes.
In the security settings OBS is allowed to access.
I tried the modified Version as well, but it didn't work.
Is there already a solution for is Problem?

Thanks very much I rly appreciate the work u guys do.

Yiranna

The default interactive shell is now zsh.
To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.
For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.
The problem of what apple has you had already said in the beta version that while the program has been revised but Apple was a little too fast with all. Now we have the problem because we all do not know about the new version 32 bit version is or 64 bit
In the previous program, it was already a little bit to be spotted that changes but Apple almost forced us overnight to switch to the new version Catalina. At the beginning it was not too enthusiastic that OBS studio did not work anymore

OTISIN

@dodgepong
This new OBS installer is fine but there's still some issues with the desktop audio, It stays disabled, I tried downloading the IshowU capture app and it worked perfectly, it red my desktop audio, my mic was working fine and my cam too, all for streaming, but then an other issue happen, I couldn't talk with my friends at voice chat while playing fortnite. my external mic and OBS was still reading my mic, but some how it messed up my ability to talk online with my friends, I uninstall the IshowU app but I still can't talk to anyone online, I could only hear them. and I currently have the same settings before I downloaded the app. I was able to talk to my online friends before I downloaded the IshowU audio app or maybe fortnite doesn't support the app, who knows can someone help fix this issue?? or tell me what I'm doing wrong...

RoniOBS

Does anybody know when "real version" of OBS 24.0.03 is coming ? Not any Beta versions :-) ?...Where all Catalina problems is fixed.

ijaureguialzo

@dodgepong
This new OBS installer is fine but there's still some issues with the desktop audio, It stays disabled, I tried downloading the IshowU capture app and it worked perfectly, it red my desktop audio, my mic was working fine and my cam too, all for streaming, but then an other issue happen, I couldn't talk with my friends at voice chat while playing fortnite. my external mic and OBS was still reading my mic, but some how it messed up my ability to talk online with my friends, I uninstall the IshowU app but I still can't talk to anyone online, I could only hear them. and I currently have the same settings before I downloaded the app. I was able to talk to my online friends before I downloaded the IshowU audio app or maybe fortnite doesn't support the app, who knows can someone help fix this issue?? or tell me what I'm doing wrong...

I've just tried this and the audio works but the advance scene switcher plugin and it's configuration are gone and can't find where to put it again because the directory structure has changed. :(

MechanisM

I can't believe that OBS is still not working in Catalina...
Every day I'm opening this site in hope that I'll see a new working release.

MechanisM

Can you just tell me how to start OBS with disabled fullscreen mode? It always starts in fullscreen for me and when I click on something inside, it crashes. Only starting with sudo works for me, but there's sudo profiles and settings, not my user.

Jesus2060

Audio doesn't work, I have an Imac using TASCAM audio device with mic and headphones, audio doesn't work, I add some scenes and sources and the windows it blinks constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.