macOS 10.15 Catalina Support Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steezen

I still can't get the desktop audio to be recorded. I had this problem with the previous OS version i was running. I went through all the steps to set up the multi output device and all that but it still wasn't working. Then i saw somebody said that I might need to update my OS to a newer version because it didn't work with the version I had.

jun1okamura

I am running Catalina 10.15.1 and OBS 24.0.2, then it is OK to steaming out Desktop window capture. But I cannot get the audio with iShowU audio capture. I tried OBS 24.0.3 (test fix), then I can get the audio out through iShowU audio output, but cannot get Desktop window capture. Please somehow to chase the problem...

itsCaptainkid

Is anyone still having issues trying to get their audio corrected? I haven't not been streaming for the past month because of this issue and matter what solution is given, it still is not working for me.

RBeta

Hi All,

First off, Thanks a lot for all your comments, I went through all the 11 pages so far. I was able to get the OBS working with Catalina, using the obs-24.0.3-installer-catalina-fix-02 I installed OBSLink-1.0.0.123 to record video from an elgato video capturer, it requires NDI, so I installed obs-ndi-4.7.1-macOS after that I ran the three commands that @dodgepong shared with no error, however each time I run OBS appears a message saying

NDI™ Runtime not found.
Download the installer here: http://new.tk/NDIRedistV4Apple

I made sure I had installed libNDI_for_Mac but still not showing up.

Also in the OBS link menu, it appears "Please install NDI Library..." instead of the video capturer.

Any thoughts?

frankbranches

im still at a loss, cant get video capturing working even w all the advice listed here. i think the problem is definitely stemming from the fact obs does not show up in the screen recording section of security and privacy. does anyone know how i can make obs appear there?.

moonietish

The newest version of macOS, 10.15 "Catalina", is now available. However, OBS Studio is currently not yet fully compatible with it. These issues stem from a change to the way Catalina handles permissions for things such as capturing webcams and microphones. For example, if you have a webcam capture in one of your scenes, OBS will crash. We are currently working on a fix.

Users currently have two options for running OBS on Catalina right now:

Option 1: Download and run the test build

This is a test build that we have put together that reorganizes the application package in a way more compatible with Catalina. Please help us test this version and let us know if you encounter any issues with it. We hope to have a formal release soon.

Important notes about this build:
  • This build is not signed, so the first time you open it, macOS may complain and not let you open it. If you can't open OBS, right-click on the icon and click "Open", and the pop-up should have an "Open" option available to open the program anyway.
  • The updater may not work correctly, so you will likely need to manually download the full update later when it comes out. However, this should work for many of you at least as a stop-gap so you at least have something working.
  • The install process has changed. Now when you open the .dmg file, you simply need to drag the OBS.app file into your Applications folder to install.
Download the test release here: http://obsproject.com/downloads/obs-24.0.3-installer-catalina-fix-02.dmg

Option 2: Run OBS manually from the Terminal

If you want to run the normal release, you will likely need to run OBS via the Terminal. Open the Terminal app and type the following:

Code:
open /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS --args -picture

NOTE: When you run OBS from the Terminal this way, and attempt to add things such as webcam capture or display capture, the Terminal will ask for these permissions instead of OBS. If so, be sure to grant those permissions to the Terminal to ensure functionality in OBS.

Important Notes

Permissions for Display Capture, Microphone, and Cameras

If you are trying to capture your display, microphone, or a camera on Catalina, you should get a pop-up asking to grant permission to OBS to allow it to do so. However, it seems that some users are not getting this pop-up. If you are having trouble with any of these things, you may need to manually grant OBS these permissions.

To do so, go to Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy, then under the entries for "Screen Recording", "Camera", and "Microphone", ensure that OBS is checked. Note that if you are running OBS from the Terminal, you may need to grant these permissions to the Terminal as well (unconfirmed).

Note about the NDI plugin:

For those of you using the third-party NDI plugin, you may need to run the following three commands from the Terminal in order to get it working:
Bash:
sudo install_name_tool -change @rpath/QtWidgets @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets /Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so

sudo install_name_tool -change @rpath/QtGui @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui /Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so

sudo install_name_tool -change @rpath/QtCore @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore /Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so

How can I game capture now in OBS? I noticed Game Capture option is not available

Jbotesazan

The newest version of macOS, 10.15 "Catalina", is now available. However, OBS Studio is currently not yet fully compatible with it. These issues stem from a change to the way Catalina handles permissions for things such as capturing webcams and microphones. For example, if you have a webcam capture in one of your scenes, OBS will crash. We are currently working on a fix.

Users currently have two options for running OBS on Catalina right now:

Option 1: Download and run the test build

This is a test build that we have put together that reorganizes the application package in a way more compatible with Catalina. Please help us test this version and let us know if you encounter any issues with it. We hope to have a formal release soon.

Important notes about this build:
  • This build is not signed, so the first time you open it, macOS may complain and not let you open it. If you can't open OBS, right-click on the icon and click "Open", and the pop-up should have an "Open" option available to open the program anyway.
  • The updater may not work correctly, so you will likely need to manually download the full update later when it comes out. However, this should work for many of you at least as a stop-gap so you at least have something working.
  • The install process has changed. Now when you open the .dmg file, you simply need to drag the OBS.app file into your Applications folder to install.
Download the test release here: http://obsproject.com/downloads/obs-24.0.3-installer-catalina-fix-02.dmg

Option 2: Run OBS manually from the Terminal

If you want to run the normal release, you will likely need to run OBS via the Terminal. Open the Terminal app and type the following:

Code:
open /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS --args -picture

NOTE: When you run OBS from the Terminal this way, and attempt to add things such as webcam capture or display capture, the Terminal will ask for these permissions instead of OBS. If so, be sure to grant those permissions to the Terminal to ensure functionality in OBS.

Important Notes

Permissions for Display Capture, Microphone, and Cameras

If you are trying to capture your display, microphone, or a camera on Catalina, you should get a pop-up asking to grant permission to OBS to allow it to do so. However, it seems that some users are not getting this pop-up. If you are having trouble with any of these things, you may need to manually grant OBS these permissions.

To do so, go to Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy, then under the entries for "Screen Recording", "Camera", and "Microphone", ensure that OBS is checked. Note that if you are running OBS from the Terminal, you may need to grant these permissions to the Terminal as well (unconfirmed).

Note about the NDI plugin:

For those of you using the third-party NDI plugin, you may need to run the following three commands from the Terminal in order to get it working:
Bash:
sudo install_name_tool -change @rpath/QtWidgets @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets /Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so

sudo install_name_tool -change @rpath/QtGui @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui /Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so

sudo install_name_tool -change @rpath/QtCore @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore /Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so
Can finally get the Camera and microphone to work on Catalina, however, the NDI capturing no longer works or shows up. It worked on the previous version where it would crash if i pulled up the microphone or camera however now it doesn't work on the beta version at all. Please help would love to start streaming on my mac as soon as possible, Thanks!

strongjz

We now have a test build available for people to try. Note that this build is not signed, and the updater may not work correctly, so you will likely need to manually download the full update later when it comes out. However, this should work for many of you at least as a stop-gap so you at least have something working. If you can't open OBS, right-click on the icon and click "Open", and the pop-up should have an "Open" option available to open the program anyway.

Note that the install process has changed. Now when you open the .dmg file, you simply need to drag the OBS.app file into your Applications folder to install.

You can download the test build here: http://obsproject.com/downloads/obs-24.0.3-installer-catalina-fix.dmg

Please report any issues that you have with the build.
Just downloaded and installed this version. It asked for permissions to mic! I will record with this version and let you know,

tjbrownmusic

Hi, I downloaded the build and some things are working fine (camera, screen capture, audio) but I'm running into a couple of issues. Has anyone gotten the Elgato stream deck to sync with OBS? I can't get stream deck software to recognize the scenes. Also I am getting random OBS crashes. Not sure what is causing them they seem to happen spontaneously.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 8.40.20 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 8.40.20 PM.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 49

RBeta

Hi, I downloaded the build and some things are working fine (camera, screen capture, audio) but I'm running into a couple of issues. Has anyone gotten the Elgato stream deck to sync with OBS? I can't get stream deck software to recognize the scenes. Also I am getting random OBS crashes. Not sure what is causing them they seem to happen spontaneously.

Download the obs-24.0.3-installer-catalina-fix-02 that one solve the crashing issues, I'm waiting for answers on elgato about OBS Link since I'm not able to get it to work

digityser

I seem to be late in the Catalina / OBS crash party, mostly because I ran OBS just fine for at least 2 weeks WITH CATALINA
Yesterday night I recorded an entire 2h event with my scenes, sources all going just fine.

But this morning (no traces of additional upgrade to be seen) OBS went into crash mode like everyone else.

This https://paste.digityser.org/humujokucu.sql is the log from when I run OBS from terminal with : open /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS --args -picture
This is the crash log from Catalina : https://paste.digityser.org/behelabaje.sql

I tried everything suggested in the Previous 11 pages but I'm stuck, my OBS is fully crashed and I have an event tonight I'm supposed to livestream, so I'm a bit in a hurry not to mention stressed by this bursting itself into crash after at least 2 weeks under Catalina just fine.

I don't need to record my screen or anything like that, I just have 2 BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle USB
that I use almost daily just fine, 1 for the Slide presentation and 1 for the Speaker Camera.

It seems (from the log) the moment OBS scan the plugin folder & parse the decklink plugins it goes into this :

info: ------------------------------------------------
info: decklink: Starting output...
error: decklink: Failed to enable video output
info: decklink: Starting output...
error: decklink: Failed to enable video output
Segmentation fault: 11
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

No matter what I try (currently obs-24.0.3-installer-catalina-fix-02.dmg) it just crash.

I'm almost tempted to go back in time with TimeMachine backup and run away from Catalina until all of this is stable..
Unless someone has a better idea ?

ricardomartins

Breaks when any secure form is triggered (OBS 24.0.3-21-g4cb53279)
I was doing a live and OBS crashed every time I typed a password in a secure form.
I tried after the live, and it happened both on Firefox and Chrome, in any site (including when logging in to this forum).
The full video with the test is available here:

The crash information can be found at: https://pastebin.com/JC9me9EM

Tomtastic347

Hey everyone,
So far using terminal commands fixed all of my issues such as starting obs without crashing and window capturing. Currently, I do not have the option for "Game Capture" to specifically stream League of Legends. Also, although I can do window capture on my browser windows, I am not able to find the league client using this method. I am wondering if there is a terminal command for this yet?

JayHFUMC

I keep getting the obs failed to find locale/en-us.ini when I try to open with the terminal. I uninstalled the software, deleted the application support file for OBS Studio and re-installed. Same Error when restarting.

When I use OBS in practice and testing all work great. On Sunday when getting ready for services, OBS doesn't work.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Syphon Inject ("Game Capture") doesn't work on macOS 10.14 or later. You will have to use display capture or window capture.

Status
Not open for further replies.