macOS 10.15 Catalina Support Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsee_mentalz

Not sure tbh.

Where can I find the display preferences?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 4.47.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 4.47.07 PM.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 46

rachalmers

No, I mean in your list on OBS, Display Capture is at the top of the list. Highlight that option, and show its settings.

jsee_mentalz

That was a pic of my graphics card.

Hopefully this is what you're talking about?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 4.55.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 4.55.15 PM.png
    615.6 KB · Views: 87

boek

@rachalmers Sorry, to clarify. The crash happens any time macOS catalina prompts for the users password (i,e, to unlock keychain or things that require the username/password to install. Like xcode commandline tools). I'm writing an app that does this so I can get it to crash reliably

rachalmers

Have you set what type of display it’s expecting? It looks from that like you have missed that part.
Delete that item, press the - sign. Then press the + sign and add a suitable display. Your default display should be showing in the available options.
mine looks lik this

Screenshot 2019-12-12 17.55.26.png
Screenshot 2019-12-12 17.54.33.png

jsee_mentalz

I deleted it and added it back.
I don't have any properties to choose from.
My settings haven't changed and were working before I updated my OS.
When I add the display capture I should be able to see my home screen.

rachalmers

So, is there anything not workimg in current version while running it on Catalina??
Well, I’m still getting a strange? Error message popping up on startup about a permissions problem in a plush file. However, tap ok, it goes away, and all seems fine.
How stable it is I can’t say. I don’t do streaming.

dasat

I have catalina and can not use Mojave coz I got a new MBP. I have an 16" , I7, 16GB/512 and have problems even if I open OBS with the terminal command. I get a insufficient bandwidth error msg, even if I'm online. I'm streaming with 720p, 4000 bandwith, ....

Santino33

New update for Mac has resulted for a new problem for me in OBS. Blank screen when it comes to capturing from my capture card to my mac. My Xbox is not feeding any signal to OBS. Just a black screen.

tjbrownmusic

So, is there anything not workimg in current version while running it on Catalina??
You mean this test build? Yes. For me whenever you try to enter your password for a security reason (which happens a lot more on Catalina), OBS crashes. Also it doesn't currently work with the El Gato Stream Deck

DevCageR

I stream to YouTube, capturing webcam, mic and desktops... Hmm. Well, seems like there are still a lot of problems to solve :(

FWIW I had only one crash on Catalina so far, but it was a severe one:

I started recording, switched a scene via the websockets plugin and then the whole screen froze with a corrupted image split in two halves. Could've been a graphics driver panic or something, but haven't been able to replicate it so far.

Apart from that crash, using multiple NDI sources, Logitech C922 webcam and multiple audio streams worked fine, including switching scenes all the time. I use my iMac for encoding only, so all the common issues with Syphon not being supported anymore and necessary loopbacks for desktop audio capture don't apply.

The log does report at least one memory leak during runtime though and there are other things that might by down to Qt or other Mac-specific idiosyncrasies that will take a longer time to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.