macOS 10.15 Catalina Support Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevCageR

The newest version of macOS, 10.15 "Catalina", is now available. However, OBS Studio is currently not yet fully compatible with...

Hi. I know that we demand a lot when asking all the time how long it will take to get to the resolving those problems running OBS in Catalina. OBS is free and we are glad for it. Also, I am seriously thinking about changing OBS for something else because I need Catalina for work and OBS too.

So... just a simple question. Is there any estimate from you when we can expect a more stable build? Or are you even close?

Thank you very much for what you do for the community and that you work hard to make it work. I believe that most of us really appreciate that. I am looking forward to see the new build. Thanks again!

Lets_Survival

The newest version of macOS, 10.15 "Catalina", is now available. However, OBS Studio is currently not yet fully compatible with it. These issues stem from a change to the way Catalina handles permissions for things such as capturing webcams and microphones. For example, if you have a webcam capture in one of your scenes, OBS will crash. We are currently working on a fix.

sudo install_name_tool -change @rpath/QtCore @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore /Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so[/CODE]

We thank you for this support. We know, that apple makes all of us problems with security updates and new rules with OS Catalina. We trust you, that you give us in the near an upgrade with better version from OBS.

I know, this Version is free. But we need this upgrade. I make streams and capture the games to twitch and youtube. Other applications cannot give us the same tools in streams.

OBS is the best application to stream and make content.
Have you an update for us all, if we can test an next build from OBS?

obsdaisuki

I use "Option 1: Download and run the test build" now.

OBS always shuts down when I enter my password in the password entry form. The same phenomenon occurs regardless of whether I enter the password for the website in Chrome, whether it is an app in the Mac App Store or onother App.

benonkoebsch

Hi guys, I've just upgraded to the 16inch MacBook Pro and am reading though this thread anxiously!

Am I correct to understand that OBS does not run correctly with Catalina as at the date of me posting this? However there is a "test build" to download that MAY work?

Side note: baffled I cannot roll back to Mojave on this machine?!!!

boek

Hey @dodgepong, I'm working on a macOS App that is using AuthenticationServices that will crash OBS every time I try to unlock the macOS keychain. This may be the same issue?

Hitting continue on this modal will crash OBS 100% of the time on 24.0.3-4cb53279 (24.0.3-4cb53279)
1575998916999.png

Attachments

• dump.txt
    99.3 KB · Views: 18

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Is this a model that is being prompted by OBS's installer, or is this just any password modal that opens while OBS is running?

boek

@rachalmers I am running Catalina. Added exceptions to OBS to everything I could in System Preferences. If there is anything else I can do to help debug let me know

rachalmers

If I read your original post right, you are writing/using a macOS app? That app is using the AuthenticationServices framework?
Is it an app you purchased? Or one you have written?
Can you disable/exit the app while obs is running?
there is obviously a conflict between that app and OBS. It sounds like the app is causing a fault that kills the running OBS. Which indicates a fault with the app, not with OBS. I’d start there.?

jsee_mentalz

For some reason I'm getting a black display screen.

How can I fix this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 2.54.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 2.54.36 PM.png
    651.6 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.