macOS 10.15 Catalina Support Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus2060

This is a screenshoot I dont see OBS on screen recording there is a request for permision to "sh" but im not sure what it is,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 3.13.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 3.13.01 PM.png
    72 KB · Views: 168
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 3.13.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 3.13.11 PM.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 167
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 3.13.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 3.13.24 PM.png
    87 KB · Views: 144
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 3.13.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 3.13.34 PM.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 3.13.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 3.13.53 PM.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 124

Smolt

Did you try importing it, or just moving it? I record all mine in mp4, then iMovie just accepts them easily.
I'm just dragging it in from the Movies folder and it freezes. Same if I drag it into the iMovie library. Recorded all in .mp4, so idk?

djrima

i cant start obs, have all tryed, the catalina fix installed and start from terminal, but nothing works. it dont start, please give me a help

Faelinity

The newest version of macOS, 10.15 "Catalina", is now available. However, OBS Studio is currently not yet fully compatible with it. These issues stem from a change to the way Catalina handles permissions for things such as capturing webcams and microphones. For example, if you have a webcam capture in one of your scenes, OBS will crash. We are currently working on a fix.

Users currently have two options for running OBS on Catalina right now:

Option 1: Download and run the test build

This is a test build that we have put together that reorganizes the application package in a way more compatible with Catalina. Please help us test this version and let us know if you encounter any issues with it. We hope to have a formal release soon.

Important notes about this build:
  • This build is not signed, so the first time you open it, macOS may complain and not let you open it. If you can't open OBS, right-click on the icon and click "Open", and the pop-up should have an "Open" option available to open the program anyway.
  • The updater may not work correctly, so you will likely need to manually download the full update later when it comes out. However, this should work for many of you at least as a stop-gap so you at least have something working.
  • The install process has changed. Now when you open the .dmg file, you simply need to drag the OBS.app file into your Applications folder to install.
Download the test release here: http://obsproject.com/downloads/obs-24.0.3-installer-catalina-fix-02.dmg

Option 2: Run OBS manually from the Terminal

If you want to run the normal release, you will likely need to run OBS via the Terminal. Open the Terminal app and type the following:

Code:
open /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS --args -picture

NOTE: When you run OBS from the Terminal this way, and attempt to add things such as webcam capture or display capture, the Terminal will ask for these permissions instead of OBS. If so, be sure to grant those permissions to the Terminal to ensure functionality in OBS.

Important Notes

Permissions for Display Capture, Microphone, and Cameras

If you are trying to capture your display, microphone, or a camera on Catalina, you should get a pop-up asking to grant permission to OBS to allow it to do so. However, it seems that some users are not getting this pop-up. If you are having trouble with any of these things, you may need to manually grant OBS these permissions.

To do so, go to Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy, then under the entries for "Screen Recording", "Camera", and "Microphone", ensure that OBS is checked. Note that if you are running OBS from the Terminal, you may need to grant these permissions to the Terminal as well (unconfirmed).

Note about the NDI plugin:

For those of you using the third-party NDI plugin, you may need to run the following three commands from the Terminal in order to get it working:
Bash:
sudo install_name_tool -change @rpath/QtWidgets @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets /Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so

sudo install_name_tool -change @rpath/QtGui @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui /Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so

sudo install_name_tool -change @rpath/QtCore @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore /Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so

So I downloaded this and it works wonderfully! It fixed the issue I was having with OBS not asking for permissions properly, but this version doesn't seem to allow me to add an NDI source like the other version does. Any possibility of updating the application so I can add an NDI source? NDI source is necessary to use OBS Link for Mac.

daraujo

Here are my boot logs (?) from trying to open OBS from terminal.

When I downloaded the test build, it worked for a second and allowed me to set up scenes and profiles. But then when I opened it later it did not work and instead would bounce in my dock, and then I would have to "Force Quit" the application since it read "Application is Not Responding". I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. All the permissions have been given to both terminal and to OBS.

Please help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 7.12.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 7.12.08 PM.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 7.12.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 7.12.12 PM.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 41

@criticalmissfits

I've successfully updated 24.0.2. but every time I connect a camera, it crashes. The original Terminal workaround still works but I'm not sure what to do here. Keep doing the Terminal thing in perpetuity?

DarrenJay

i think apple has restricted so many streaming and screen recording software, probably because of copyright restrictions. I wish i didnt update my damn MACBOOK now grrrrr so irritating. Will there be a working work around for this ever?

Sukha_Smash2D

NDI Source doesn't show up on your download but does on terminal command. However after some time terminal command stops saving your scenes and only shows black screen.

DarrenJay

Hi Does Anyone Know Why Im getting this error? I believe there is an update but its failing to update. my current version is attached in the image. How can i update it? Its actually working for me currently, but just in case the update improves it and not make it worst would be great i guess

Attachments

• OBS ERROR.png
    OBS ERROR.png
    463.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 18.38.13.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 18.38.13.png
    232.6 KB · Views: 71

rachalmers

Hi Does Anyone Know Why Im getting this error? I believe there is an update but its failing to update. my current version is attached in the image. How can i update it? Its actually working for me currently, but just in case the update improves it and not make it worst would be great i guess
I’m getting the same message, although it seems to work fine.

rachalmers

Opens in QuickTime properly, just tried importing through CMD + I, still freezes. I really don't know anymore.
Very strange? So the file is ok, otherwise QuickTime wouldn’t open it. It’s very fussy. Could be iMovie needs reinstalling. A slight file corruption somewhere. Try reinstalling iMovie and see how it goes.

rachalmers

im pulling my hair out, i dont even see obs at all in my screen recording section. Anybody know how to change this?
I have OBS in Security & Privacy in

Camera
Microphone
Accessibility
Input Monitoring
Screen Recording and
Automation

So don't just look in one place for permissions...

sumeragiiv

im pulling my hair out, i dont even see obs at all in my screen recording section. Anybody know how to change this?
I'm in the same boat. I've tried the test build from the OP and running it from the terminal but OBS doesn't even show up in the Security and Privacy settings under Screen Recording
I have OBS in Security & Privacy in

Camera
Microphone
Accessibility
Input Monitoring
Screen Recording and
Automation

So don't just look in one place for permissions...
For me it only shows up under input monitoring and Microphone and I can't seem to make it ask for Camera or Screen recording.

Videophotog

The newest version of macOS, 10.15 "Catalina", is now available. However, OBS Studio is currently not yet fully compatible with it. These issues stem from a change to the way Catalina handles permissions for things such as capturing webcams and microphones. For example, if you have a webcam capture in one of your scenes, OBS will crash. We are currently working on a fix.

Users currently have two options for running OBS on Catalina right now:

Option 1: Download and run the test build

This is a test build that we have put together that reorganizes the application package in a way more compatible with Catalina. Please help us test this version and let us know if you encounter any issues with it. We hope to have a formal release soon.

Important notes about this build:
  • This build is not signed, so the first time you open it, macOS may complain and not let you open it. If you can't open OBS, right-click on the icon and click "Open", and the pop-up should have an "Open" option available to open the program anyway.
  • The updater may not work correctly, so you will likely need to manually download the full update later when it comes out. However, this should work for many of you at least as a stop-gap so you at least have something working.
  • The install process has changed. Now when you open the .dmg file, you simply need to drag the OBS.app file into your Applications folder to install.
Download the test release here: http://obsproject.com/downloads/obs-24.0.3-installer-catalina-fix-02.dmg

Option 2: Run OBS manually from the Terminal

If you want to run the normal release, you will likely need to run OBS via the Terminal. Open the Terminal app and type the following:

Code:

NOTE: When you run OBS from the Terminal this way, and attempt to add things such as webcam capture or display capture, the Terminal will ask for these permissions instead of OBS. If so, be sure to grant those permissions to the Terminal to ensure functionality in OBS.

Important Notes

Permissions for Display Capture, Microphone, and Cameras

If you are trying to capture your display, microphone, or a camera on Catalina, you should get a pop-up asking to grant permission to OBS to allow it to do so. However, it seems that some users are not getting this pop-up. If you are having trouble with any of these things, you may need to manually grant OBS these permissions.

To do so, go to Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy, then under the entries for "Screen Recording", "Camera", and "Microphone", ensure that OBS is checked. Note that if you are running OBS from the Terminal, you may need to grant these permissions to the Terminal as well (unconfirmed).

Note about the NDI plugin:

For those of you using the third-party NDI plugin, you may need to run the following three commands from the Terminal in order to get it working:
Bash:
sudo install_name_tool -change @rpath/QtWidgets @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets /Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so

sudo install_name_tool -change @rpath/QtGui @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui /Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so

sudo install_name_tool -change @rpath/QtCore @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore /Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so

Thanks! I tried it.... thru terminal working better now....

crugas

Hi, I just bought my first Cam Link 4k and I can't get it to work on my Mac Book Pro. any update on this Catalina issue yet? I had been trying the workaround but can't still get it to work. Please note that I am very new at this...Please Help! (I'm trying to use a Canon SL2 and a GPH7B)

April C

I had to reinstall OBS because Catalina didn't install properly and when I reinstalled I went back to OBS 24.0.2 which was working fine on Catalina10.15.1... now with the new version of OBS and Catalina as of today had to use the terminal workaround to get obs open again? Any Clue how to fix it ?
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 9.18.43 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.