macOS 10.15 Catalina Support Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmass

I had this problem, you need to manually allow OBS to record your screen. Goto > Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab and look for Screen Recording. Make sure OBS is ticked.
Thanks I couldn't find it till i seen this and now its working I will be able to do my reaction videos

Joi_Nova

When <Browser> is selected as <Sources>, there is no interaction in the <Interact> window. Under Windows everything works fine. Under MacOS (Cathalina), unfortunately, the <interact> window does not accept mouse clicks. Anyone know a solution to this problem?

daraujo

I've uninstalled and re-downloaded the new OBS for OS Catalina and unfortunately I'm still having issues opening it.

When I open it, it continues to bounce until and I have to "force quit" the app. All my privacy boxes are checked for Microphone, Screen Recording and such.

Is there anything else I'm missing? Is anyone else having this issue? How can I fix it?

berkeleyblue

Thanks for the Workoaround!

I have the issue that in whatever way I run OBS under Catalina (Terminal or App direct) the display of my MacBook turns black and stays that way. It is still running in the background and you can user it with some terminal commands or by hitting CMD+Q to close OBS. It kinda looks like OBS is running in fullscrenn but is just a black window, gestures dont work and you cannot switch to another app and see something.

Has anyone a simmiliar experience or possibly a fix for this?

Also, do you guys allready have a rough estimate of the ETA of a stable version just yet? ^^

So far I got the same with the test build you posted, btw ^^"

rachalmers

So, installed obs-24.0.3-installer-catalina-fix-02 and it works after a number of popups happen. I know about the Permissions ones, and fixed up those in Security and Privacy, but thought these two of interest. When I ran the new version, I got these. The first time it ran. I clicked "Remind me later" for the odd update one. Seems to be the wrong version?

Seems to work ok otherwise.

Screenshot 2019-10-28 15.46.24.png
Screenshot 2019-10-28 15.47.04.png

gaprunella

I have Catalina, and the current hot fix of OBS 24.0.3
I can open the program without problems.
My source lost my display. I tried adding a new source (display capture) and I get a blank screen. The properties says No Properties available. How can I fix? Hoping I just missed a setting. I set this up awhile back and never touched it. The last update scrubbed things for me.

----RESOLVED----PARTIALLY
Goto > Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab and look for Screen Recording. Make sure OBS is ticked.
--UPDATE
I can record, but it drops recording after a minute and it hangs during the recording. Voice is fine, video hangs.

Last edited:

DevCageR

So what is the current status? Does the fix work or is it still being work on? I was following this thread but now I am lost and confused. So I am sitting and waiting for the fix so I can install Catalina. I haven’t done that because of my streaming schedule. Thanks!

rachalmers

Catalina will give you other headaches besides OBS ... The OBS fix #2 works here, but see my post above. I got a few popups and permission things to deal with, then it worked with my original settings.
So far so good, But beware Catalina - it's a whole new ball game in many areas.

So what is the current status? Does the fix work or is it still being work on? I was following this thread but now I am lost and confused. So I am sitting and waiting for the fix so I can install Catalina. I haven’t done that because of my streaming schedule. Thanks!

DevCageR

Catalina will give you other headaches besides OBS ... The OBS fix #2 works here, but see my post above. I got a few popups and permission things to deal with, then it worked with my original settings.
So far so good, But beware Catalina - it's a whole new ball game in many areas.

Thanks. I know that Catalina is problematic in many ways. I was studying the topics and apps I use. I should be fine now. I just wait for OBS. But it seems it needs more work so I will probably wait for another release in Download section. I feel like your case is just one of a few here where it really works, right?

Fish80

Anyone succesfully made any long Youtube live stream with the Catalina + Terminal OR Quick fix version yet? I should care one full day live stream and thinking if I should order few months Ecamm license for it. Seems it works without any problems with the Catalina. Although I would like the OBS much more (Ecamm is not so flexible at all and cost monthly).

ToddT

It’s still not working for me. It never asked me to give it screen recording permissions and there’s no way I can force it to. Glad to see the fixes are working for others though.

Fish80

It’s still not working for me. It never asked me to give it screen recording permissions and there’s no way I can force it to. Glad to see the fixes are working for others though.

Do you need the "screen recording permissions" for the recording or also for the live streaming?

rachalmers

Can I suggest that you completely uninstall obs, including from its application support library folders, reboot, and try installing it again?
Unless of course you’ve already done it.
Both. I can’t get any it To capture any windows outside the basic OS UI.

rachalmers

Thanks. I know that Catalina is problematic in many ways. I was studying the topics and apps I use. I should be fine now. I just wait for OBS. But it seems it needs more work so I will probably wait for another release in Download section. I feel like your case is just one of a few here where it really works, right?
Good idea. I was going to wait also, but I can’t resist fiddling... and my needs aren’t complex. So it’s ok for me.

kaliforniakay

It works if I type the code in and keep the terminal running but if I close the terminal OBS closes with it and audio capture output still doesn't work granted that the mic is so loud it still captures audio from youtube is there any way to fix this?

Fish80

I played two hours with the "obs-24.0.3-installer-catalina-fix-02" without any problems. Tried the following Sources in several Scenes:

- Three cameras from USB (Video capture device)
- Web cam (Video capture device)
- Screen sharing Safari and Power Point (Window capture)
- Ready Video files (Media source)
- Pictures (logo) (Image source)
- Audio from one camera (Audio input capture)
- Also was working to show 2 camers + Web cam + Safari + logo at once in the same Section

When you use the OBS fix first time after the installation it asks whole time permessions for different things (screen recording, mic etc. etc.) It helps if you allow them immediately in the settings when it asks.

Status
Not open for further replies.