macOS 10.15 Catalina Support Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMULB

Any idea of when the full update will become available? Also, in the test build, there is no option for adding "text" in the sources menu. Will that be coming back in the full update?

Last edited:

BMULB

I just tested the new test build 2.0 (and the 1.0 version) and I have noticed a slight delay in the window capture feature when capturing a google hangout window. There is a delay in the audio and video processing that didn't seem to exist before this whole mess started.

PS- thanks to the whole OBS crew for working to get this figured out.

Santino33

Hi all, I've tried the new test fix. I've also worked with Elgato regarding the error I am receiving. I am still not able to use functions such as stream, scene select, and others when I create a folder for OBS on my stream deck. I've attached an image with my error message. Thank you all again for your hard work!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 11.51.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 11.51.15 PM.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 135

CplHrring

I installed the new test build. Everything is working for example display capture, mic, and images. What isn't working for me are my 2 web cams. They don't show up in the drop down menu. When I installed the update I granted permissions to screen recording and the mic. A pop up for the web cams did not. Not sure what to do now. I appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing to get it back up. Any info to help me get my web cams working would be huge. Thanks.
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 11.58.32 AM.png

bubbleblab

Hi! So I used terminal for the work around and it opened however game capture (via Blackmagic capture card) isn't working. Is this related or am I missing something? Moreover, does the new test build address this?

Thanks

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
I installed the new test build. Everything is working for example display capture, mic, and images. What isn't working for me are my 2 web cams. They don't show up in the drop down menu. When I installed the update I granted permissions to screen recording and the mic. A pop up for the web cams did not. Not sure what to do now. I appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing to get it back up. Any info to help me get my web cams working would be huge. Thanks.

Hi, for webcams open the macOS Settings app, go to Security & Privacy -> Privacy, then allow OBS to access webcams.

@bubbleblab The same should be for Blackmagic.

Zelaphas

Hi, I just got this warning, after which OBS demanded I update. I hit okay, and then another error appeared that it failed to extract the update. Anyone know what's going on?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-22 09.47.16.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-22 09.47.16.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 80

LoonyGeekFun

@LoonyGeekFun here's a temporary fix for the ndi plugin dependencies. Since Santino33 was successful running the streamdeck one.

https://gist.github.com/DDRBoxman/b5d383a722bea452680c5d29337d108b

thanks but I get an error

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

[edit]

I reinstalled command line tools with
Code:
xcode-select --install

and used the lines in a new shell on Catalina and everything is awesome again
thanks @DDRBoxman

Last edited:

MechanisM

I accidentally clicked the "Enter Full Screen" button in OBS and now it always starts in fullscreen mode.. when I click to switch to normal mode - OBS immediately crashes, when I click something inside OBS(like double click on cam in sources) it immediately crashes too... I've tried both: normal OBS 24.0.2 and last one OBS 24.0.3 with fix 2 from this topic.
So I can't use OBS in fullscreen mode, and can't switch to normal from fullscreen

StormPvPs

The test build wont open for me unless i move it to the trash. heres proof of what i mean

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 2.32.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 2.32.11 PM.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.