macOS 10.15 Catalina Support Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

April C

I opened the workaround, and got an update screen that vanished as soon as it opened so i went to the site and downloaded the new version. It wont open. So i went back to the workaround and it opens still but the menu tool bar is not functional.

hoffsiderunner

When I'm trying to select video capture device OBS crashes and same as everyone else I can't select the window capture thing. I have the latest update on OBS and MacOS

GAP245

I can start it from the terminal but I dont get the option for camera or mics. Please fix this..... This is a second income for me

kinngh

the Terminal workaround worked (and continues to work) very well. Thanks for all that worked on that.
I've been trying to update OBS since then and will not allow me to update stating "Failed to Extract Update". Is the Terminal workaround responsible for this?
If you want to update OBS, terminal workaround doesn't seem to be working. You can download the binary from the site and push it in the apps folder to force update. Not sure if your scenes / settings would still be there

Edit: Updated using the installer from website, everything works. Make a backup just in case

Last edited:

theeye17

Same problem, mic doesn't work with Catilina. It works if I run OBS from the terminal, but it consumes almost all the RAM! (I have a macbook pro with 16 GB). Anyone with the same problem?

Last edited:

rachalmers

If you want to update OBS, terminal workaround doesn't seem to be working. You can download the binary from the site and push it in the apps folder to force update. Not sure if your scenes / settings would still be there

Edit: Updated using the installer from website, everything works. Make a backup just in case

That's the 24.0.2 version still right? From https://obsproject.com/download ? That's the one I used and it still doesn't work.

FOTOMOV

Hi!
The workaround works so far...
But... the terminal constantly emits a annoying warning tone. I can not stop this. Even switching off individual functions does not help. In addition, the processor load is very high! Any suggestions?
Regards
Axel

Lets_Survival

We have a new problem. Today Catalina has make an update and now the terminal makes messages with following text. The CPU in terminal 10-15 %. Catalina popup the terminal in the app bar.

[2019-10-17 15:22:36] [frame_payload] Payload Bytes:

[0] (298) [1] ҳ[???Rٓ?ȟ?׋?W???

ن?F??????B???W???X???E???W???׋?W???W???M???B???u???S???Y??????E???D???W???B???[م?W???@???Y???Sٓ?z???i???@???Zم?W???@???S?̳

???R??????D??????׋?F???W?̳

·?͚?͐?ʙ?ʅ?U???S???B??????r?????W???W?̳

ˇ????e???_???R???P???S׋?F???Sٓ?˓???????@??????s???

[2019-10-17 15:22:37] [frame_header] Dispatching write containing 1 message(s) containing 8 header bytes and 297 payload bytes

[2019-10-17 15:22:37] [frame_header] Header Bytes:

[0] (8) 81 FE 01 29 01 A8 F8 BE

[2019-10-17 15:22:37] [frame_payload] Payload Bytes:

[0] (297) [1] z???f᜜;?ɍ7?ڒ#ؙ?i?.Ɉ?.?ɑhƌ?fڙ?hǖ?nʋ?rܙ?t?ڒ#ؙ?mǙ?#???`ˌ?wͻ?mĝ?u???#???d܋?R݊?hޙ?!???dɕ?-???u???Qڗ?hĝ?;???uۧ?tڎ?wɔ?-???u???R˝?d?DƜ?#???h܊?u?ڄ1?Ȓ#ˈ?Tۙ?d?/???8?Ɋ5?̎7?˒#ˍ?s͖?Rܙ?d?H??#???sɕ?sɌ?#?Ȑ1???o???e???n̝?;Ι?r?Ԝt،?l?ڄ#?Ȅ1?1???#ޝ?c?R???|

[2019-10-17 15:22:38] [frame_header] Dispatching write containing 1 message(s) containing 8 header bytes and 298 payload bytes

[2019-10-17 15:22:38] [frame_header] Header Bytes:

[0] (8) 81 FE 01 2A 1B D5 11 39

DanielCE8

I found a way guys!

1. You have to open it using the Terminal
2. Give Terminal permission to use mic, keyboard, video capture, etc.
3. Give the Terminal permission to use screen capture (Extra step you have to do because the initial permissions don't ask for the display)
4. Then you can turn on Display Capture instead of trying to figure it out!

daraujo

I've been trying to open it through terminal but I still have nothing opening. I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

Here is the message I get:

info: OBS 24.0.2-modified (mac)

info: ---------------------------------

info: audio settings reset:

samples per sec: 44100

speakers: 2

info: Initializing OpenGL...

info: Loading up OpenGL on adapter Intel Inc. Intel(R) HD Graphics 6000

info: OpenGL loaded successfully, version 4.1 INTEL-14.0.69, shading language 4.10

info: video settings reset:

base resolution: 1440x900

output resolution: 860x538

downscale filter: Bicubic

fps: 30/1

format: NV12

YUV mode: 601/Partial

info: NV12 texture support not available

info: Audio monitoring device:

name: Default

id: default

warning: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'decklink-ouput-ui.so'

error: os_dlopen(libpython3.6m.dylib->libpython3.6m.dylib): dlopen(libpython3.6m.dylib, 257): image not found

warning: [Python] Could not load library: libpython3.6m.dylib

Changed waitThread to realtime priority!

info: No blackmagic support

info: [VideoToolbox encoder]: Adding VideoToolbox H264 encoders

info: [obs-browser]: Version 2.7.14

error: os_dlopen(/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libvlccore.dylib->/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libvlccore.dylib): dlopen(/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libvlccore.dylib, 257): image not found

info: Couldn't find VLC installation, VLC video source disabled

warning: Ignoring old obs-browser.so version

Help please?

アマンダ

初めからして。ターミナルから配信はできますが、ステレオ配信ができなくなってしまっています。
バイノーラルマイクが使えなくて困っています。
そして、毎度、立ち上げる旅に画像の設定など行わなければいけなくなってます。
更に更新の通知が来ましたが更新することができませんでした。
解決方法がましたら切実によろしくお願いします。

rachalmers

Ok, interesting happenings. With 24.0.2..
I I open a terminal and type in
open /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS It runs, but it runs double. That is, it opens two windows. One on top of the other. I can't immediately see the bottom/lower one.
The top one has the unresponsive Menu Bar. So close the top one by clicking on the red button, and the one running beneath that works fine.

... and now, it won't do it again. It only opens one, and closing that closes the whole thing. This is a screen shot of the running one, with the responsive menu bar. Now I can't get it back. damn.

Screenshot 2019-10-18 15.16.54.png

rachalmers

Another interesting thing.

If I open it up with 'sudo' in Terminal
sudo /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS

It opens an instance that is a blank. In other words, needs setting up again. No projects in place. Completly blank.
Menu bar items worked,. Seemed fine.

It doesn't appear to wipe out your existing settings because I closed it, and opened another instance with just open,
open /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS

and there were all my running settings again. But again, no working menu bar.

So really, this is a Catalina Permissions problem I reckon. Or in large part anyway.

koidelcoyote

The newest version of macOS, 10.15 "Catalina", is now available. However, OBS Studio is currently not yet fully compatible with it. These issues stem from a change to the way Catalina handles permissions for things such as capturing webcams and microphones. For example, if you have a webcam capture in one of your scenes, OBS will crash. We are currently working on a fix. In the meantime, if you have already upgraded to Catalina, you can restore most functionality by running OBS manually from the Terminal with the following command:

Code:
open /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS --args -picture

NOTE: When you run OBS from the Terminal this way, and attempt to add things such as webcam capture or display capture, the Terminal will ask for these permissions instead of OBS. If so, be sure to grant those permissions to the Terminal to ensure functionality in OBS.
This fucking command killed my FCP voiceover function . :C fuck

koidelcoyote

now this is causing more problems to the rest of my fucking computer, till the poin t i dont know how to remove that command since is causing me not being able to use mic at finalcut pro . shit fuck, what else can i do before fucking restore my mac to factory and re start this shit e hell again

Status
Not open for further replies.