macOS 10.15 Catalina Support Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenant2000

My situation is the opposite. The normal method from the dock works (I have other issues once it is running - more on this later). But when I try to run it from the command line I get this:
/Applications/OBS.app/Contents/Resources/bin/obs ; exit;
error: Failed to load locale
info: == Profiler Results =============================
info: run_program_init: 9645.55 ms
info: ┗OBSApp::AppInit: 7625.89 ms
info: ┗OBSApp::InitLocale: 7624.37 ms
info: =================================================
info: == Profiler Time Between Calls ==================
info: Number of memory leaks: 1
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
[Process completed]

Any advice ? I have rebooted . Uninstalled and reinstalled. The weird thing is it worked before but then stopped

Doobby

View attachment 48328
Works fine for me even with that option unchecked, so it isn't a general OBS/Catalina bug.
This Is a bug Im having the same problem! Window capture Doesnt work at all I only get 6 options no matter what non of which are windows other then OBS, and Display cap is completely broken. Pretty useless program as of now all you can stream is your face

Doobby

I figured out the window capture problem you need to go to System pref, security & Privacy an allow screen recording for Terminal an sh. Hope this helps other to!

GuacamoleQueen

2nd Request: How do I grant camera permissions via the command line?

There isn't a good answer for this, unfortunately, but it is possible. You have to first disable SIP, which requires a reboot. You then need to operate directly on the sqlite DB that holds the TCC config, for example: https://github.com/Zolotkey/bootstrap_tccdb/blob/master/bootstrap_tcc.sh, or perhaps use a wrapper tool like this one called "tccutil" - here's a link to a couple open issues that you should read if you decide to try this: https://github.com/jacobsalmela/tccutil/issues.

Ideally, though, the need for a command line method becomes less urgent if the expected GUI prompt works reliably, which I expect will be the case before too long.

Kelly Lincoln

There isn't a good answer for this, unfortunately, but it is possible. You have to first disable SIP, which requires a reboot. You then need to operate directly on the sqlite DB that holds the TCC config, for example: https://github.com/Zolotkey/bootstrap_tccdb/blob/master/bootstrap_tcc.sh, or perhaps use a wrapper tool like this one called "tccutil" - here's a link to a couple open issues that you should read if you decide to try this: https://github.com/jacobsalmela/tccutil/issues.

Ideally, though, the need for a command line method becomes less urgent if the expected GUI prompt works reliably, which I expect will be the case before too long.
Thank you. I'll wait for an update.

bbmco

Updated to OBS 24.0.2 just now, and it no longer launches by itself from Finder - only works through Terminal now.

djsobs

Anyone having problems with the Syphon Inject command? Since it launches a separate window I'm wondering if the permissions are passing through or properly triggering? It does not seem to actually inject. I'm running OBS 24.0.2 on Catalina and using the launch from terminal command at the start of this thread.

Last edited:

RoniOBS

There came new version of OBS (Versio: 24.0.2 for mac) But still my obs is crashing when i start to open it normally...?...Should this update even solve this problem ?
And if i open obs with terminal ...it works but i can't open OBS "Menu" Bar/settings window (what is in left up corner ) etc... ?

mildorviolon

I'm having an odd issue as well since I recently upgraded to Catalina. For some reason OBS is not picking up any audio at all (was perfectly fine before upgrading). No sound from my mic or display, even tho I have iShowU audio capture and created a Multi-Output Device. I didn't see anyone mentioning this issue here, so I hope I'm not on my own with this.
I have the exact same problem. The USB interface which allows me to plug my mic works fine within Catalina. I can record using Quicktime but OBS doesn’t show any activity as if the mic was muted. Also, the Terminal workaround works fine but after 10 minutes, OBS crashes which makes it impossible to stream with confidence. I am eagerly awaiting a patch. Thx for the info, at least Now I know why and that I’m not alone.

Ozbanglamung

My situation is the opposite. The normal method from the dock works (I have other issues once it is running - more on this later). But when I try to run it from the command line I get this:
logout
Saving session...
...completed.
[Process completed]

Any advice ? I have rebooted . Uninstalled and reinstalled. The weird thing is it worked before but then stopped
logout
Saving session...
...completed.
[Process completed]

Jun 5, 2019

Anyway, found a workaround for this. Use terminal to run
Code:
/Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS
logout
Saving session...
...completed.
[Process completed]

That's because the command on the command line is //Applications/OBS.app/Contents/Resources/bin/ OBS try //Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS that worked for me and I had the same problem as you.

@criticalmissfits

the Terminal workaround worked (and continues to work) very well. Thanks for all that worked on that.
I've been trying to update OBS since then and will not allow me to update stating "Failed to Extract Update". Is the Terminal workaround responsible for this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.19.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.19.29 AM.png
    834 KB · Views: 138

daraujo

I have followed the work around directions a few times, but OBS still won't open. This is the text that I get on terminal when I type the command. Am I doing something wrong?

OBS will appear to be running, but there is no window that pops up to display or screen record. Help please?? I don't stream, but I use OBS to record video lessons.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 11.07.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 11.07.15 AM.png
    169.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 11.07.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 11.07.23 AM.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.