Bug Report macOS Catalina Bug Fix

kinngh

It breaks OBS to directly open from Apps but it works perfectly:
Open Terminal and run

```
open /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS --args -picture

```
This assumes that OBS is in your Applications folder, where it's supposed to be.
What this does is it uses terminal as a proxy to grant OBS access to microphone, disk, camera and display capture.

Cons:
Every time you want to run OBS, you have to run it from terminal using this command. If you try to open it directly from your apps folder, it crashes.

It's not perfect, but it works.

JimBoscom

Thanks for this post! Are you able to add sources and browse to add the files for the sources?

I had Catalina installed and had to restore to Mojave because I was unable to add files to the sources created.

For example, if I create a source that uses an image or video or text file etc, that are stored on my mac, I could not bworse to the folder where the file was to add it to the source.

Can you confirm that this has been corrected?

meandobs

Hi, I did this terminal command as shown above and I get this error:

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Applications/OBS.app.

Is there a solution for running obs on catalina again?

kinngh

Thanks for this post! Are you able to add sources and browse to add the files for the sources?

I had Catalina installed and had to restore to Mojave because I was unable to add files to the sources created.

For example, if I create a source that uses an image or video or text file etc, that are stored on my mac, I could not bworse to the folder where the file was to add it to the source.

Can you confirm that this has been corrected?

Browser is kinda broken, but source adding works correctly

kinngh

Hi, I did this terminal command as shown above and I get this error:

Is there a solution for running obs on catalina again?

type

Bash:
open

then go to applications folder in finder, right click on OBS and click on "Show package contents", go to "Contents" then "macos" then drag the file to terminal, then type

Bash:
--args -picture

and then press enter so it should looks something like

Bash:
open /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS --args -picture

Nelson Rivas

Sir. my name is Nelson Rivas.
I am new here. I am a pastor in Central America, and broadcast my sermons via Caste to YT and FB both live. 3 times, in 3 different services, OBS Studio (very latest version for Mac OS= 25.0.8 (64 bit ) ... it has frozen right in the middle of my presentations (I use Keynote and my Mac book pro with Catalina 10.5.15) ... The KN slides won't pass... going back to my iPhone camera is impossible and all my audience sees is a frozen slide and hear my voice saying " Its over"... sad, really....making the day miserable and audience and myself frustrated.

Can you please help me, Sir ?

I have read , seen every YT tutorial, investigated ,,,and nothing seems to work.

I see you add this code here and it seems to be the bomb = open /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS --args -picture

Where should I open and paste it ? Should I go to my Applications folder and left click on the OBS Symbol of the App and look for the thermal there ?
I will appreciate your assistance, and any other info. Thanks a lot ... It just looks that this is the secret.

I can send you the error log of last night ...right in the middle of my conference, which ended bad again.

Thanks , in advance, again.

Nelson Rivas