macOS 10.15 Catalina Support Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

daraujo

Another interesting thing.

If I open it up with 'sudo' in Terminal
sudo /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS

It opens an instance that is a blank. In other words, needs setting up again. No projects in place. Completly blank.
Menu bar items worked,. Seemed fine.

It doesn't appear to wipe out your existing settings because I closed it, and opened another instance with just open,
open /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS

and there were all my running settings again. But again, no working menu bar.

So really, this is a Catalina Permissions problem I reckon. Or in large part anyway.

Thank you! This worked! I'll be recording to try to see if it works later this weekend.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
The fix is currently still being worked on. It requires a full rewrite of how we package for macOS, which is taking longer than expected. We'll keep you updated.

FOTOMOV

Sadly it gets worse... With all the tricks posted, i´m able to record Videos on Harddisk... (beside the annoying beep, and some lacks because the process seems to be very heavy)... BUT... its not possible to livestream?! It works, but very, very, very slow... :(

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
We now have a test build available for people to try. Note that this build is not signed, and the updater may not work correctly, so you will likely need to manually download the full update later when it comes out. However, this should work for many of you at least as a stop-gap so you at least have something working. If you can't open OBS, right-click on the icon and click "Open", and the pop-up should have an "Open" option available to open the program anyway.

Note that the install process has changed. Now when you open the .dmg file, you simply need to drag the OBS.app file into your Applications folder to install.

You can download the test build here: http://obsproject.com/downloads/obs-24.0.3-installer-catalina-fix.dmg

Please report any issues that you have with the build.

Last edited:

SeonR

We now have a test build available for people to try. Note that this build is not signed, and the updater may not work correctly, so you will likely need to manually download the full update later when it comes out. However, this should work for many of you at least as a stop-gap so you at least have something working. If you can't open OBS, right-click on the icon and click "Open", and the pop-up should have an "Open" option available to open the program anyway.

Note that the install process has changed. Now when you open the .dmg file, you simply need to drag the OBS.app file into your Applications folder to install.

You can download the test build here: http://obsproject.com/downloads/obs-24.0.3-installer-catalina-fix.dmg

Wicked, thanks for working so hard on this!
It installed and it started up with the following error:
Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 4.11.45 pm.png

But after clicking [OK] and then "Allowing camera access" - OBS loaded and seems to be running ok.

I've not tried streaming with it yet, but plan to try it out soon.

Regards,
Seon
Unexpected Maker

SeonR

Wowza, I'll tell you one thing... OBS now boots up about 10x faster than it used to! It used to bounce in the dock maybe 10-12 times before starting up... now sometimes 5 bounces, sometimes only 1 - No idea why the discrepancy, but I'l take that as a win!

Regards,
Seon
Unexpected Maker

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Wicked, thanks for working so hard on this!
It installed and it started up with the following error:
View attachment 48561

But after clicking [OK] and then "Allowing camera access" - OBS loaded and seems to be running ok.

I've not tried streaming with it yet, but plan to try it out soon.

Regards,
Seon
Unexpected Maker
Yes, that error is due to the updater not being signed. Otherwise it should work normally. If it does not, please let us know of any issues you find.

Slice.of.Pai

Hi, I'm having an issue with the new OBS version not supporting NDI sources, is anyone else having this issue?

DrKonflict

I don’t understand why people would update to catalina so early when it’s their
Main work station. Makes no sense whatsoever. Now they’re crying to get obs
Working, what a joke. Instead of reading some compatibility info first but no.
Unless you have an extra SSD to test new os Versions don’t update until v .1 or
Later. Common sense people...

smackitup

i still get an error while trying to inject.
from terminal.
2019-10-20 14:42:37.858 obs[932:15374] warning: failed to get scripting definition from /Applications/DEX3.app; it may not be scriptable.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
SyphonInject has nothing to do with audio recording, it was for capturing video from OpenGL applications.

Smolt

I have followed the work around directions a few times, but OBS still won't open. This is the text that I get on terminal when I type the command. Am I doing something wrong?

OBS will appear to be running, but there is no window that pops up to display or screen record. Help please?? I don't stream, but I use OBS to record video lessons.

Try going into your Applications > OBS > Right Click > Show Package Contents > Contents > MacOS > OBS.

アマンダ

やはりステレオ配信ができません。今まで出来ていたのですが、ステレオ設定にしてルのにモノラル配信になってしまいます。何か方法がありましたら教えてください。困っています。

Status
Not open for further replies.