Low framerate and bitrate on output

Alfrodo

I'm new to OBS and just tried a test recording of 3 minutes to see how it works, but the output video had very low bitrate and framerate. When I installed OBS I used the configuration the wizard selected for me and haven't changed any of it. I remember I selected the "60 or 30fps" option on the wizard, but I don't remember choosing the bitrate.

Is my laptop just not up to it or am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• 2024-03-18 20-37-54.txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 2024-03-18 20-37-54.txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 6

TheBailzOnYT

Might be a average question. Does this computer have a "High performance Graphics card" or does it just run on a integrated card.

Easy method of checking is Win + S, "Device Manager" and check "Display adaptors"

Alfrodo

Might be a average question. Does this computer have a "High performance Graphics card" or does it just run on a integrated card.

Easy method of checking is Win + S, "Device Manager" and check "Display adaptors"
It says "AMD Radeon (TM) R5 Graphics", I don't know if that's good or bad

rockbottom

A touch of Rendering lag.

Looks like your installed graphics driver is something like 5 years old. Update it. If you still encounter lag, run OBS @ 30FPS.

TheBailzOnYT

It says "AMD Radeon (TM) R5 Graphics", I don't know if that's good or bad
1710885678530.png

Your using a 2014 High Performance Graphics card. I used to use NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (2013) it worked fine with certain settings. such as 200 - 2000 kbps (anything higher would overload) and 1920 x 1080 on 30 frames would work, although it'd be more suited to use old GTs for 720p30