Low End Laptop settings for obs

Manongjose

Hi, I am using a laptop to stream in facebook gaming but it gets laggy mid way of the stream i have record and stream turn on at the same time. I am using apowermirror to stream mobile games.

I need help for the best settings

MY LAPTOP SPECS ARE
intel i5 4th gen
8gb ram
Intel hd graphics 4gb
Amd radeon r5 2gb
Windows 10

Manongjose

This is my attached file, btw I put the wrong info my laptop is an i5 - 6th gen.

Attachments

• 2020-12-31 17-08-47.txt
    24.8 KB · Views: 388

Lawrence_SoCal

Typically, running OBS as admin is a really bad security idea, but on such a low-end system, you are bound to have CPU and GPU contention issues, so running OBS as Admin will make sense for in your case
You have audio at 2 different refresh rates. pick one and make all the same

18:36:14.912: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 71545/125858 (56.8%)
I'm not knowledgeable enough to recommend a specific video encoder to use with your CPU/GPU combination (I use NVENC) that might help.

Until you get a better response
- Forget (remove) all the filters and effects. See if you can even get a stable stream without it. Then slowly add effects, while monitoring via Performance/Resource Monitor to make sure not maxing out CPU, GPU, RAM, disk I/O. I couldn't get a laptop i5-6500hq and GTX gaming laptop to reliably stream with a simple setup.
- if that doesn't help, drop your bitrate down to 1000 or something like that. Run a test stream, and check your log for message like what I posted above.

carlmmii

Run OBS as admin, and switch your encoder to QuickSync. Your CPU is not capable of x264 encoding, especially when gaming.