Looking for some help, primarily with performance.

AkasakiGao

Hi there! So I'm having a few problems with Streaming on OBS and I'd like a little help if anyone has any ideas. So I just started streaming for the first time last week and I've been having some issues, mostly performance. My setup consists of a Ryzen 5 3400G and a Radeon RX580, with 32 Gigs of RAM. Normally I'm able to run most modern games at ~60 fps, on higher settings, with very few issues. This changes very quickly the moment I go live. Once I go live, my computers performance TANKS bad. I had started out playing Batman Arkham Knight since I consider it a Halloween game by technicality, and normally I run that game on high with around 68fps no problems. I go live, even on the lowest settings, 10-15fps. Its basically unplayable, same deal with a few other games I've tried. I have overclocked both my CPU and GPU using AMD's software, lowered some settings in OBS. And still no real luck. All I'm able to play and stream effectively is Minecraft and I still have problems. When I started I noticed one major problem, in the bottom of left of OBS I get an "Encoder Error". I switched to "Software (x264)" and veryfast preset, and it relatively alleviates that popup. I switch back to Hardware, and that error pops up frequently. I understand full well that my parts are aging and won't last forever, but I feel like it shouldn't be THIS bad. I'm not really sure what parts I need or where to start, for now I'm thinking about upgrading my CPU to a Ryzen 7 5700X or 5800X. I can't find any details online about how these CPU's handle streaming. Any help at all would be amazing, I'm very new to this and I'm just trying to figure things out so I can hopefully have some really fun times streaming!
I should specify a little bit better, I'm looking to find out if the problem is potentially with my OBS settings or if my PC's hardware is too lacking. I have minimal understanding of how OBS functions and I'd like some advice. Also a fairly important but minimal addition, I utilize a 3D Vtuber model in my Twitch Streams, which is not like an insane demand but it does technically put a small load on my CPU. I have recorded like this in the past with no problems though, it's just while streaming. If any more information is needed I am %100 willing to provide it. Thank you very much.