Question / Help Is there any way to prevent fps dropping during recording on Mac?

Nga_Phoebe_Tran

Hi again!
There is a trouble that I need to fix and get help from you guys. It's about FPS dropping and video lagging/freezing.
I've played LIMBO and Typoman for few weeks, I've recorded and uploaded them on my youtube channel. The games are not laggy at all, even while they're being recorded.
After uploading, I noticed that the output videos are laggy a little bit (recorded with 30fps). Today, before I wrote this post, I recorded Typoman with 60fps, and the result is a terribly lagging and freezing one that you barely know what I am doing in the game (imagine that you guys hear my voice continue speaking smooth and clear when the video is freezed at the same time).
This problem made me delete all of LIMBO and Typoman videos.
Is there any way good to fix this?
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• cpu_stable_with_30fps.png
    cpu_stable_with_30fps.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 45
  • CPU_unstable with_60fps.png
    CPU_unstable with_60fps.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 48
  • CPU_unstable_with_60fps.png
    CPU_unstable_with_60fps.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 14.07.49.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 14.07.49.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 60

Narcogen

13:49:03.523: Output 'adv_ffmpeg_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 2289 (23.8%)
13:49:03.523: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 7653/9627 (79.5%)

You are overloading both your GPU (rendering lag) and your CPU (encoding lag). You've got a slow i5 and no discrete GPU. You seem to be using custom ffmpeg output settings but I'm not sure why and it makes it a bit more difficult to figure out what settings you're using and which ones you should be using.

Perhaps try switching to simple mode, choose "indistinguishable" quality level and to a test record? The logfile from that session might contain more information.

Easiest thing to switch is to use a canvas resolution of 720p, but you might not need to do that.