Impossible to stream/record at the same time with 2 PC Config

Rosdri

Hi guys, i'm totally insane finding a solution to this problem. I hope we could find a solution together.
I have a 2 PC setup and I'm doing these things at the same time:
  • Streaming 1080/60 on Twitch
  • Recording 1080/60 20000 kbps
  • Recording Replay Buffer 25s
  • Streaming 1920/60 on Tik Tok using vertical plugin
Everything looks fine on stats, CPU and GPU was always below 75%.
I don't know if it's a nvenc encoder problem, GOXLR random buffering or vertical plugin bug.

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/5o6XCjEEMXmaQUPR
Clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/ViscousTallAlpacaSwiftRage-GAZHPtvf9pfXhfOu

Thanks for your time

PaiSand

Enable Windows Game Mode as it helps.
Record using CQP, not cbr
Record using MKV container instead of mp4
Even better, stay on simple output mode and use any of the presets for quality as it uses CQP and are tested for best quality.

The more filters you add, the worst it is. On the elgato hd60 X you have a noice gate and a gain that may be causing the sound issue.
Hardwarte has limitations and on a laptop this limits are even greater.

Does the sound goes out of sync and cracle even on the recording?
If so then the issue could be on the encoder side. If not, then it could be on the network or on the websocket itself having issues when splitting the signal. Or it could be other issues like hardware drivers, not only the GPU one, but the sound drivers.

Espero se entienda, porque a veces escribo enrevesado en inglés.

Rosdri

Enable Windows Game Mode as it helps.
Record using CQP, not cbr
Record using MKV container instead of mp4
Even better, stay on simple output mode and use any of the presets for quality as it uses CQP and are tested for best quality.

The more filters you add, the worst it is. On the elgato hd60 X you have a noice gate and a gain that may be causing the sound issue.
Hardwarte has limitations and on a laptop this limits are even greater.

Does the sound goes out of sync and cracle even on the recording?
If so then the issue could be on the encoder side. If not, then it could be on the network or on the websocket itself having issues when splitting the signal. Or it could be other issues like hardware drivers, not only the GPU one, but the sound drivers.

Espero se entienda, porque a veces escribo enrevesado en inglés.
Thanks for your reply!
I will try Game mode On, CQP and Filters off this morning. MKV is tricky for me because sometimes my clips goes to twitter without edition, and twitter doesn't support mkv...
Sound works perfect on the recording. Recording has no issues. Which is totally incredible, because this problem becomes when i'm recording at the same time i'm streaming

AaronD

MKV is tricky for me because sometimes my clips goes to twitter without edition, and twitter doesn't support mkv...
Record in MKV, then remux to MP4 afterwards. No loss of quality, literal bit-for-bit copy of the encoded data.

MP4 can't finish the headers until all of the data is known, and without those headers, the data is unusable. So if it's interrupted, you lose everything.

MKV doesn't use an omniscient header, so it's much more tolerant of crashing, power loss, etc.

Same data either way, which is why the remux works.