I will pay you if you fix my microstutters when recording, not in game.

drpepperdoge

Ok, I think I made all the recommended changes. Did a quick recording (no noticeable skips yet) and here's the log:

edit: still saw a lag afterwards anyway.

rockbottom

Monitor is OK. I probably wouldn't have bought it but GPU's were hard to get/expensive & I was in the middle of building 2 PC's at the time. Picked up a bundle deal from Asus. Like 3 weeks later, I landed a 3090 from Best Buy @ MSRP & was able to finish both of them.

rockbottom

It's not helping as every little deviation from 60 can cause stuttering but I don't think that's the issue.

If it's still skipping, I would try testing without any Nvidia FX running.

Also, I see that you moved Desktop Audio into the Scene with the Q9 but it looks like the Q9 is also loading up as a Global Device.
17:18:04.224: [Loaded global audio device]: 'Q9'
17:18:04.224: - filter: 'Noise Suppression' (noise_suppress_filter_v2)
17:18:04.224: - filter: 'Noise Gate' (noise_gate_filter)
17:18:04.224: - filter: 'Compressor' (compressor_filter)

drpepperdoge

oh good catch, removed Desktop Audio entirely and removed the Q9 microphone from the Global Devices.

I disabled the filters for audio altogether (and just now noticed the other three NVIDIA options. When i tried testing those out, I immediately saw skipped frames that were even reported by the stats window while not recording)

I normally just have the regular RNNoise selected but have it disabled along with everything else now.

1703810544496.png

Here's the logs. Audio sounds horrendous now haha

rockbottom

I never bothered to install/test the NvidiaFX but I don't think it plays well with OBS. There's Video FX enabled as well...

drpepperdoge

Yeah I will try to find the toggle to disable these guys.

I ended up downloading and trying XSplit and I see the same stutters.

Wonder if it would be worth doing a completely clean reinstall of windows at this point and seeing if the default settings work better.

here we go! this issue is ridiculous and i empathize with the amount of frustration. here is what i found after pulling my hair out.
PS5 recording specifically, as i have not used it in a PC/PC configuration
if you want the smoothest, without hiccup, TURN OFF VRR, you can keep it on, but you might get weird "preview" moments that dont show up on the recording.

step 1, open 4k capture utility, make sure your preview is smooth there. ( if you cant get 4k capture preview smooth, continue anyway) KEEP 4K CAPTURE UTILITY OPEN

step 2, open OBS, SET THE CANVAS/RECORDING PROFILE TO 59.94fps, this is important

step 3, in the MK 2 properties, resoloution/fps type: Custom, Resolution 3840x2160, FPS Match output, Video format P010 (i record HDR) Colorspace: rec.2100 (pq) (HDR)
Color range: Limited
buffering: ENABLED <----super important!! the guidance from elgato website says to keep buffering off, but you need it on to not stutter. your preview will most likely have a delay, thats normal.
audio output mode- Capture audio only

click ok!
step 4, IN SOURCES, add Audio input capture, name it elgato monitor or elgato headphones or something like that, after confirming the name, select the elgato mk 2 from "device" pulldown menu. select ok. this new audio input capture will work in tandem with the main elgato video/audio capture. this new audio input will not have latency/delay that can happen over time.

in your audio mixer, go into advanced audio properties, in here have that new input you just created MONITOR ONLY with NO TRACKS selected
For the main elgato mk2 audio source have MONITOR OFF, and select the tracks you wish the audio to record to

Now back in Main settings/ Audio/ advanced select your monitoring device : i use headphones

step 5, now close down OBS and open it again.

Preview should be clean with no stutter and your audio monitoring should not drift over time

this worked for me, i hope it works for you

soooo 4k capture utility needs to remain open, OBS needs be configured for 59.94 with a buffer and an new audio input need to be created to MONITOR the audio because the buffer will create a delay on the main source

i think the issue is how the 4k60pro mkII internal buffer interacts with OBS and how the PS5 outputs 59.94fps

Last edited: Sunday at 10:41 PM
Quote Reply

G

grundlestiltskin

New Member​

moderator approval for above post please?????!

Quote Reply

G

grundlestiltskin

New Member​

here we go! this issue is ridiculous and i empathize with the amount of frustration. here is what i found after pulling my hair out.
PS5 recording specifically, as i have not used it in a PC/PC configuration
if you want the smoothest, without hiccup, TURN OFF VRR, you can keep it on, but you might get weird "preview" moments that dont show up on the recording.

step 1, open 4k capture utility, make sure your preview is smooth there. ( if you cant get 4k capture preview smooth, continue anyway) KEEP 4K CAPTURE UTILITY OPEN

step 2, open OBS, SET THE CANVAS/RECORDING PROFILE TO 59.94fps, this is important

step 3, in the MK 2 properties, resoloution/fps type: Custom, Resolution 3840x2160, FPS Match output, Video format P010 (i record HDR) Colorspace: rec.2100 (pq) (HDR)
Color range: Limited
buffering: ENABLED <----super important!! the guidance from elgato website says to keep buffering off, but you need it on to not stutter. your preview will most likely have a delay, thats normal.
audio output mode- Capture audio only

click ok!
step 4, IN SOURCES, add Audio input capture, name it elgato monitor or elgato headphones or something like that, after confirming the name, select the elgato mk 2 from "device" pulldown menu. select ok. this new audio input capture will work in tandem with the main elgato video/audio capture. this new audio input will not have latency/delay that can happen over time.

in your audio mixer, go into advanced audio properties, in here have that new input you just created MONITOR ONLY with NO TRACKS selected
For the main elgato mk2 audio source have MONITOR OFF, and select the tracks you wish the audio to record to

Now back in Main settings/ Audio/ advanced select your monitoring device : i use headphones

step 5, now close down OBS and open it again.

Preview should be clean with no stutter and your audio monitoring should not drift over time

this worked for me, i hope it works for you

soooo 4k capture utility needs to remain open, OBS needs be configured for 59.94 with a buffer and an new audio input need to be created to MONITOR the audio because the buffer will create a delay on the main source

i think the issue is how the 4k60pro mkII internal buffer interacts with OBS and how the PS5 outputs 59.94fps

People in here who say it doesn’t have anything to do with OBS are 100% wrong. I took their word and stoped thinking about OBS being the problem so I reinstalled my windows tried different driver settings roll back my overclock. I spent three days on this issue and nothing seems to fix the problem. I tried resolution utility 60 frames 120 frames 140 480 hz. I tried all the solutions that were mentioned on this forum but the micro starters every couple seconds were still there. I tried different games like sniper elite five burnout remastered, which is an older game still had the same issue, the one had the most problems with stuttering was cyberpunk, which I could even see on the stream. in all cases The game is fine on my end, but the stream and the recording was a micro stutter fest. out of curiosity I tried shadow play and boom no more stuttering. THIS SHOWS THE 4090 MICRO STUTTER ISSUE IS 100 BECAUSE OF OBS. I’m gonna downgrade my obs to lower version until I find a version that doesn’t have this problem and will mention the obs version here. I forgot to mention that I one point. I thought it was my VLC media player that was causing it so I tried different options. The stutter was still there more over. I thought it was the HDR. I turned off the HDR and used a monitor that is SDR only and same issue. I’ve also tried to gsync on and off which didn’t resolve it.

People in here who say it doesn’t have anything to do with OBS are 100% wrong. I took their word and stoped thinking about OBS being the problem so I reinstalled my windows tried different driver settings roll back my overclock. I spent three days on this issue and nothing seems to fix the problem. I tried resolution utility 60 frames 120 frames 140 480 hz. I tried all the solutions that were mentioned on this forum but the micro starters every couple seconds were still there. I tried different games like sniper elite five burnout remastered, which is an older game still had the same issue, the one had the most problems with stuttering was cyberpunk, which I could even see on the stream. in all cases The game is fine on my end, but the stream and the recording was a micro stutter fest. out of curiosity I tried shadow play and boom no more stuttering. THIS SHOWS THE 4090 MICRO STUTTER ISSUE IS 100 BECAUSE OF OBS. I’m gonna downgrade my obs to lower version until I find a version that doesn’t have this problem and will mention the obs version here. I forgot to mention that I one point. I thought it was my VLC media player that was causing it so I tried different options. The stutter was still there more over. I thought it was the HDR. I turned off the HDR and used a monitor that is SDR only and same issue. I’ve also tried to gsync on and off which didn’t resolve it.

I went 10 versions down and the issue was still there. What fixed is that? I reinstalled windows again I applied all of my previous settings for graphics card overclocking power stuff and also in the 3-D Nvidia settings I put all the same settings from before. The only thing that I change which fixed the issue was not importing my profile and scenes from the obs exported profile and scene files and I recreate the exact profile setting and the science from scratch again and I used all the previous streaming and recording and video and audio output settings from my previous OBS that had the stutter and now the micro stutter issue is gone. I think something goes wrong through the importing or exporting process of the profiles and scenes or it could be that there was something seriously wrong with the scenes or profiles setting I had created , but again the thing is my scenes and profile are exactly the same as the previous setting on the previous windows that had the stutter.