I want to record all but 1 scene or stream a scene/source

23AndyRT

Hi everyone,

I have a question, I would like to stream and record at the same time but obviously with a quirk.

I want to record all but 1 scene. This scene has an image of technical difficulties that can be streamed but I don't want it to appear in the final recording. What I'm saying is I want to change scenes and everything like normal, I just want to exclude a scene from the recording.

I tried to use 2 instances of OBS and 1 is running in portable mode so I can have different settings and color themes so I can distinguished between each one. I was sending the Program view with the virtual camera and receiving it into the other OBS with the technical difficulties scene. But I have to be using 2 OBS and it is a pain, confusing and not efficient. I would like to see if there is any solution using only 1 OBS.

I was thinking about a plugin like "Source Recording" but "Source Streaming" that way you can create a scene that has "Main View Source" and the technical difficulties on it so when you have a problem you just enable the source and that goes to the stream but you keep everything in the recording like normal.

Hopefully that makes sense,

Thank you guys :)