Source Code URL
https://github.com/norihiro/obs-main-view-source
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
  1. Windows
  2. Mac OS X
  3. Linux
Introduction

This is a simple plugin for OBS Studio that provides a source to duplicate the main view.
This plugin is compatible with Source Record filter and Dedicated NDI filter.

Downstream Keyer plugin provides a source named "Output Source", which has almost same functionality as this plugin. I recommend Output Source as it is much mature than this plugin.

Possible usage is changing aspect by cropping the program and stream to another place.

Properties

Cache the main view

Cache texture of the main view at the first rendering and reuse the cached texture for the later rendering. If enabled, the previous frame will be displayed if the source is nested. Also scene items overflowing the texture will be cropped. Enable this setting if one of these conditions applies.
  • You want to hide overflowing scene items outside the bounding box of the main view.
  • You want to put the source on the main view to enjoy fractals.

See also

Donations
You can donate to me via PayPal, GitHub, open collective, Ko-fi.

Acknowledgements
I appreciate ASchneiderBR. WIthout his comment on GIthub Issue, I could not come across the idea how to implement this plugin.
Reactions: toplachi
Author
norihiro
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
3.67 star(s) 3 ratings

More resources from norihiro

Latest updates

1. Main View Source 0.2.4

This is a hotfix release of a main view source plugin for OBS Studio. Changes at 0.2.4 Fixed...
  2. Main View Source 0.2.3

This is a hotfix release of a main view source plugin for OBS Studio. Changes at 0.2.3 Linux...
  3. Main View Source 0.2.2

This is a hotfix release of a main view source plugin for OBS Studio. Changes at 0.2.2...

Latest reviews

This has been a game changer. This is an AWESOME plugin! Btw, no virus associated. I carefully scanned! Thank you again!
The antivirus told me that it had a virus and that it warned me that the virus was severe. DO NOT INSTALL IT
norihiro
norihiro
If it's obs-main-view-source-0.2.0-obs27-Windows-Installer.exe, it would be just because the installer is not signed. Their business is to wan an installer as a virus if the installer is not signed. To sign the installer, developer need to pay annual subscription. I will consider removing the installer packages in future.
Very useful plug-in for creating custom program monitor for your hosts or guests (by creating a scene, adding this source, add other sources for timers, comments etc. and then projector that scene to another display monitor)