Question / Help How to use OBS to live stream on Zoom?

GregoryJ

Unfortunately, Zoom caps their free user resolution at 720. Have you ever heard of lifesize.com? They allow 1080 for free users and the difference is vastly noticeable.

I have the project to use an Icon 500 camera with OBS, I am new and I would like to know how to do it, could you help me and show me a method to get the Icon 500 camera video feed on OBS, I want to stream in good quality to Facebook live, here is my material:

Lifesize Icon 500 Camera
Macbook pro 16 "
MacOS 10.14 Sierra
Or PC with Windows 10
RME Fireface 400

OBS to Facebook Live

Thank you

Greg

imikez0024

I can confirm this is working using the virtual cables and monitoring.

Call me old fashioned, But I would much prefer a physical cable than virtual ones.

Would it be possible to monitor the feed via headphone port and then back into OBS via a USB interface using aux cable?

Could then monitor via Interface, and select the interface in Zoom.

ask5whys

So from what I can gather, there are only two options:
1. use of NDI (NewTek plugin and NDI tools)
2. use of OBS virtual cam (for video) + virtual audio cables (from VB-audio.com)

I tried option one and it works but it is quite intensive on my laptop.
I tried option two (some people optionally include using VoiceMeeter* audio mixer), which also works and less processor heavy.
* VoiceMeeter is also from VB-audio.com. I used Banana, the free version. Potato, the "professional" version requires payment ("donation").

My issue is people on the other end of Zoom are getting inconsistent sound quality.
It's like when you listen to the radio when you drive outside the city - sound goes in and out. Also in my case, the volume also seemed to go up and down at random (in addition, in Zoom, I disabled both "suppress persistent background noise" and "suppress intermittent background noise" which slightly improved things).
Would anybody know how to fix this?

By the way, if anyone needs an explanation on how I set up either option 1 or option 2, let me know and I'll post here.

Totalcontrol

By the way, if anyone needs an explanation on how I set up either option 1 or option 2, let me know and I'll post here.

Yes,please, am totally new here - and rather impressed. But for today, all I want is to reduce my inbuilt camera (notebook on Windows 10) to take part in Zoom meetings from a place with very limited bandwidth. So if you could either help me with a link to an existing wiki page (found your post while trying myself) or write a summary of how you done it. Thanks.

Dudes / Dudettes,

This has now become very topical. Zoom has become the de facto standard business tool for video conferencing in the post Covid -19 era. Every business meeting is through Zoom.

It would be great to turn OBS's output into a virtual webcam that could be seen by Zoom / Google Meets / Skype / etc.

To that end, I installed the OBS-VirtualCam 2.0.4 extension. Zoom now detects OBS as a webcam, but it gives me an error message saying "the camera could not start" (or something similar) when I pick OBS as a webcam. Skype doesn't even recognize OBS as a webcam.

What's the solution? It would be great to make this a standard function of OBS, without the need for extensions.

My goal actually is to use my Canon 6D / 5D IV / Sony A7R III's Live View as a webcam. It would be far superior to the crappy webcam my laptop comes with. I want to do this without a $200-300 capture card that i will sure misplace. If I could do this through OBS, I could also use the functionality of OBS and the functionality of Canon's / Sony's Live View / Remote Shooting utility: set my own white balance, shutter speed, ISO, aperture.

What's the solution?

Thanks Guys / Girls!

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-virtualcam.539/download
You actually need to start the Virtualcam, otherwise when you select the OBS cam in Zoom, you get zilch.

gfreeby

You actually need to start the Virtualcam, otherwise when you select the OBS cam in Zoom, you get zilch.
To use your Canon 6D you have a couple options. Canon has updated their EOS Wecam Utility to support the 6D. Another option is the dccwebcam windows app if you'd like to have more control of your camera from your desktop (aperture, shutter speed ISO, focus etc.) You can google search to find each of these. Both approaches will work as Video Capture Device's in OBS. I would caution however that these two approaches don't play nice with each other. I have found problems using OBS when I have both of them installed on my computer so you may have to pick one. I seem to get less computer hangups using EOS Webcam utility but, if you want to change camera settings you have to physically do it from the camera. dcccamera let's you make adjustments from the app so is better in that respect.

babunera

2. use of OBS virtual cam (for video) + virtual audio cables (from VB-audio.com)

How to pass the audio from inside OBS Studio to Zoom?

In my tests, I can send the video from OBS to Zoom trought Virtual Camera, but the audio (microphone) goes directly from Windows (desktop audio) to Zoom, so it god desync video and audio.

pillarsoffranch

How to pass the audio from inside OBS Studio to Zoom?

In my tests, I can send the video from OBS to Zoom trought Virtual Camera, but the audio (microphone) goes directly from Windows (desktop audio) to Zoom, so it god desync video and audio.

I use Voicemeeter Potato so the sound routes correctly...I also route sound to/from a Blogtalkradio so I stream there also. If you aren't doing something like that then you probably only need Voicemeeter Banana - https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

Kestrel1978

I tried option one and it works but it is quite intensive on my laptop.
I tried option two (some people optionally include using VoiceMeeter* audio mixer), which also works and less processor heavy.
* VoiceMeeter is also from VB-audio.com. I used Banana, the free version. Potato, the "professional" version requires payment ("donation").

My issue is people on the other end of Zoom are getting inconsistent sound quality.
It's like when you listen to the radio when you drive outside the city - sound goes in and out. Also in my case, the volume also seemed to go up and down at random (in addition, in Zoom, I disabled both "suppress persistent background noise" and "suppress intermittent background noise" which slightly improved things).
Would anybody know how to fix this?

Have you found a solution for the inconsistent sound quality for the listeners/viewers? I'm planning to use similar setup, but it is important that the viewers/listeners get good quality sound.

themarina

Hi everyone,

I have a related issue but I'm trying to go the other way - Zoom into OBS.

Because the video playback in Zoom is so bad, we have been pre-recording our webinar presentations which we want to stream to YouTube. I'd like to use OBS so that I can start with an intro - me introducing the presentation, then transition to the pre-recorded presentation, and then after the video, transition in a live Q&A using Zoom. I've managed to get this all set up and it all works EXCEPT (big except) when I transition from the presentation into Zoom. I can't get the audio FROM Zoom into OBS and then to YouTube work. I can hear the speakers and interact with them in Zoom but the people watching on YouTube don't hear the audio, they only see the video.

I've tried VB cables but can't figure out exactly what settings I need to put where (I'm a real n00b) and even after watching what feels like hundreds of videos and scouring the web, I can't find the set-up I'm doing - most people are going the other way (from OBS into Zoom).

I did get it working with Voicemeeter last night but my mic audio is unusable. It sounds fine IN Voicemeeter but the other Zoom participants complained and when I watch the playback on YouTube, it's also terrible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I'm *almost* there but there's some setting somewhere that's off.

Thank you!!

teeitupmo

I am new to OBS, kind of thrown into a OBS project at my job and was told to make things work...without much notice.

My company want to stream Zoom call sessions using the OBS computer. Your post came up when I searched for Zoom on OBS.

In your opinion, is it better to record the Zoom session, then stream the recorded Zoom session via the OBS machine? As opposed to take the Zoom session live streaming via the OBS computer.