Question / Help How to use OBS to live stream on Zoom?

tatumdale

Hi, Firstly, apologies for newbie question.
I've search for a few days and can't find a response.
I've also looked through the resources on here and can't find something that can help my usecase.

My company uses Zoom to host meetings. Unfortunately, there's now case to remove Zoom.
I would like to use OBS - due to it's features - as the 'camera' that Zoom broadcasts.

However, i'm at a loss on how to do that.

My thinking is:
OBS to stream locally (on same machine)
Zoom to pick that up and 'think' it's a camera - of which i can view on.

- Sounds simple, but of course it's not... unless you know how ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Windows 10
Zoom.us (premium)
OBS Studio (latest release)
Using multiple monitors and the mic that is integrated with my headset

Thanks in advance - hope the community here can help.

Willbure

Bonjour à tous,
Merci pour ce message.
j'utilise OBS pour mes live zoom.us tout ce qu'il y a de mieux en vidéo et son son que j'ai placé dans la scène de OBS, ils ne s'entendent pas dans le zoom, comment y remédier?
Merci

Willbure

Good morning all,

I use OBS for my live zoom.us and difuser on Facebook. everything works fine except my video placed in an OBS scene, the sound of my video on OBS, does not get in the zoom, how to fix it?
Thank you

Harvey S

In Zoom.us select the share button (green) / select advanced / select share computer sound / share. I think also mute the Mic in Zoom or you may get a echo,

andy tzeng

see this video
OBS studio as a virtual webcam for zoom conference use
video switch / picture in pciture and etc

https://youtu.be/G95hvLeNXd4

螢幕快照 2020-04-02 下午11.38.24.jpg

JPSoares

Olá tudo bem, Não tenho conseguido usar o OBS com a câmera virtual, o programa sempre cai. Quando tento iniciar a camera visual, aparece esse erro
Exceção não tratada: c0000005
Data / Hora: 2020-04-02, 20:29:39
Poderia me ajudar??

sobbis

Olá, eu usava esse recurso. Porém depois da atualização de hoje, ele parou de pegar. Até mandei ticket para equipe do zoom, pois é um recurso que dependo muito.

001ABC

Dudes / Dudettes,

This has now become very topical. Zoom has become the de facto standard business tool for video conferencing in the post Covid -19 era. Every business meeting is through Zoom.

It would be great to turn OBS's output into a virtual webcam that could be seen by Zoom / Google Meets / Skype / etc.

To that end, I installed the OBS-VirtualCam 2.0.4 extension. Zoom now detects OBS as a webcam, but it gives me an error message saying "the camera could not start" (or something similar) when I pick OBS as a webcam. Skype doesn't even recognize OBS as a webcam.

What's the solution? It would be great to make this a standard function of OBS, without the need for extensions.

My goal actually is to use my Canon 6D / 5D IV / Sony A7R III's Live View as a webcam. It would be far superior to the crappy webcam my laptop comes with. I want to do this without a $200-300 capture card that i will sure misplace. If I could do this through OBS, I could also use the functionality of OBS and the functionality of Canon's / Sony's Live View / Remote Shooting utility: set my own white balance, shutter speed, ISO, aperture.

What's the solution?

Thanks Guys / Girls!

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-virtualcam.539/download

franhoey

I can't answer everything, but I've just got this working with BlueJeans, it sounds to me like you haven't started the virtual camera in OBS. Go to the Tools menu and select VirtualCam

vaxerski

Dudes / Dudettes,

This has now become very topical. Zoom has become the de facto standard business tool for video conferencing in the post Covid -19 era. Every business meeting is through Zoom.

It would be great to turn OBS's output into a virtual webcam that could be seen by Zoom / Google Meets / Skype / etc.

To that end, I installed the OBS-VirtualCam 2.0.4 extension. Zoom now detects OBS as a webcam, but it gives me an error message saying "the camera could not start" (or something similar) when I pick OBS as a webcam. Skype doesn't even recognize OBS as a webcam.

What's the solution? It would be great to make this a standard function of OBS, without the need for extensions.

My goal actually is to use my Canon 6D / 5D IV / Sony A7R III's Live View as a webcam. It would be far superior to the crappy webcam my laptop comes with. I want to do this without a $200-300 capture card that i will sure misplace. If I could do this through OBS, I could also use the functionality of OBS and the functionality of Canon's / Sony's Live View / Remote Shooting utility: set my own white balance, shutter speed, ISO, aperture.

What's the solution?

Thanks Guys / Girls!

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-virtualcam.539/download

Zoom blocks virtualcam due to their autistic chinese coders.
See this thread
or download my own patcher here on github.

I can't answer everything, but I've just got this working with BlueJeans, it sounds to me like you haven't started the virtual camera in OBS. Go to the Tools menu and select VirtualCam

Could be true, idk about skype or bluejeans, but I know that zoom is blocking a lot of webcams including obs-virtualcam

mados123

What's the solution?

With Windows, I believe Skype for Desktop (not from the Windows app store) is needed to work with OBS-VirtualCam - I'm not sure about a Mac. Try Skype for Desktop if you haven't already. https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/download-skype-for-desktop

Vaxerski's Zoom patch worked great for me on Zoom 4.6.9. Otherwise, 4.6.7 or less is needed since they seemed to block DLLs afterwards. Problem is they auto-update the program without your permission.

Re: your Canon, a solution like Elgato's Cam Link via HDMI is ideal (if it's compatible with the Canon, etc.) as it's seen as a Virtual Camera in Skype and OBS, which should then work with Zoom w/ the above said patch. It was around $129 but all sold out now. https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/cam-link-4k

There are other low-latency via USB3 video capture solutions on Amazon that are less expensive and available on Amazon. I would just compare all the reviews to see others' experience.

zetmor

You could use a Elgato Cam Link : run OBS and send your picture as a full screen preview to your gc HDMI output, back to the PC to the Cam Link, which is seen as a webcam by Zoom.
(not a solution for me though, I'm using the Cam Link for the cam already ... could buy another one though)

Johno Carney

I was looking into this today and came up with a pretty workable solution. I used a second screen as an output monitor in OBS, and started a screen share in ZOOM. In my case, I airplayed from a MacBook to a tv, and set the tv to act as a second display. In OBS, I sent fullscreen output to the TV, so my live OBS screen was being mirrored there. I hid my menu bar in system settings, so the only thing on the TV was my OBS output. In ZOOM, I started a screen share, selecting the second display. On the second display, I hid the ZOOM controls so my viewers would only see the OBS output. There is a green box around the window that viewers will see. This is an OBS thing, maybe it can be turned off, I didn't try. I also didn't test the audio, but it should be possible to stream the OBS audio out to the ZOOM app, hopefully in software, but as a last resort you could do something silly like hardwire the headphone jack to a mic input... not super elegant, but easier for some than fiddling with the software if it isn't obvious how to make it work.

Hope this helps someone!