How to record separate audio tracks on Replay Buffer?

marshymadness

Hey all! Just wondering if I can get some help figuring out how I can record multiple (3) audio tracks when using Replay Buffer on OBS. The three tracks I want to record are:

- game audio
- mic audio
- chat audio

In Settings>Advanced>Recording, I have tracks 1-3 selected, and under Advanced Audio Properties (cog next to the audio devices), I have my three different audio inputs checked independently from one another (one assigned to each track). In the Audio Mixer tile, all three of the inputs appear as having audio, however in recorded replays, only my microphone audio (track 1) is audible.

Is there something I am doing wrong here, or is this even possible with the plain version of OBS?

Thanks so much!

FerretBomb

Separate audio tracks do not play concurrently when you play the recording back.
Think of them like language tracks on a DVD. If all the languages played at once over each other, you couldn't understand anything.
If you want to hear all three at once, you need to have a fourth track where all three are selected.

My setup is:
1+2 - Desktop audio
1+3 - Mic
1+4 - Alerts

If I want to hear all of them at once, I listen to track 1. If I'm editing, I use the independent tracks 2, 3, and 4 to master the audio and levels, and let the video editor mix them together on export.

If you're playing the existing ones back in VLC, you can right-click and go to 'Audio Track' to hear each separate track and verify they're being recorded.

marshymadness

Huh, I'm not sure if I understand you correctly or not.
1635213855955.png

Here is my setup right now; each device has its own audio track, and I have a fourth track where all of them are selected. Unfortunately, this still doesn't have my audio patch through correctly, just the microphone (track 1). Do I need to have the first track be the one with everything selected, or does that matter?

Thanks for your help!

FerretBomb

Many video players will default to playing Track 1 (or at least 'the first audio track' in the datastream), so yes, that tracks. Pun absolutely intended.
If you want playback to default to the downmix, make Track 1 your unified track, yes.