Emp Ninjaz

Whats good everyone!

I've been running into alot of trouble recently streaming with obs on my PC. I have a pretty good rig but I've been getting alot of high gpu usage problems with the games I play and obs spiking in higher than normal for usage. I have a recent crash report from testing my stream on OBS. I have everything updated, I messed with various in game settings for different games.

These are my Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB VENTUS 2X OC Video Card
MB: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Crash report: https://pastebin.com/stUNc5HL

Any suggestions would be great! Thank you!

Attachments

• obs2.png
    obs2.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 232
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 195
  • task3.png
    task3.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 269
  • task2.png
    task2.png
    218.1 KB · Views: 281
  • task1.png
    task1.png
    193.1 KB · Views: 294

sandrix

- OBS is not running as Administrator
- As I wrote earlier, try uninstalling Nvidia Broadcast or RTX Voice if you use it. This is probably causing the crash
- Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited
- As for the settings, you can follow the guide from Nvidia.

Emp Ninjaz

- OBS is not running as Administrator
- As I wrote earlier, try uninstalling Nvidia Broadcast or RTX Voice if you use it. This is probably causing the crash
- Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited
- As for the settings, you can follow the guide from Nvidia.
Sorry for the late reply, I uninstalled RTX Voice because I don't have Nvidia Broadcast, and still no luck, I am not more so getting crashes as of late but my GPU usage is steadily at 90% and above when streaming and playing games. I can turn my graphics settings down to the lowest and OBS will still have my GPU at 90 usage.

PaiSand

I think there's the issue.
It shouldn't use the GPU. Download and give a full scan of Malwarebytes. Probably a cryto-malware. In worst case scenario you'll be forced to format and install everything from zero. Do not use anything coming from dubious sites or get into any dubious sites.

Emp Ninjaz

I think there's the issue.
It shouldn't use the GPU. Download and give a full scan of Malwarebytes. Probably a cryto-malware. In worst case scenario you'll be forced to format and install everything from zero. Do not use anything coming from dubious sites or get into any dubious sites.
I apparently have malwarebytes installed and scan regularly and haven’t had any thing pop up on my scans. The system manager doesn’t pop up often when checking task manager for problems. The main think I see is my obs shooting up in high GPU usage when a game is open but I haven’t even hit go live. Could this be an issue with maybe something in my setup or a possible bios issue?

PaiSand

OBS isn't using that much GPU and isn't involved at all with that usage on the desktop windows manager, with the exception of it's own window render or whatever is called.
You have a process abusing on the GPU for unknown reason. You have to dig in what is happening in there.

Emp Ninjaz

OBS isn't using that much GPU and isn't involved at all with that usage on the desktop windows manager, with the exception of it's own window render or whatever is called.
You have a process abusing on the GPU for unknown reason. You have to dig in what is happening in there.
Heres a image of my task manager showing obs at 95% GPU no device manager adding to it.

Attachments

• obs high gpu usage.png
    obs high gpu usage.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 170

qhobbes

Download the zip file of OBS, create a portable version and see if this still happens when you open it with no scenes and default settings.

PaiSand

Please post a log file from when OBS is using that much GPU. Also, the image is cut short not showing all the processes.

UnrupturedTV

Sorry to hijack this post @PaiSand - I just thought of jumping in because I'm also facing the same issue with my GPU reaching 100% utilization. I have added screenshots that you can get from my google drive as the file size is quite big and OBS won't let me upload here directly.

100% GPU USAGE 1 - Wallpaper Engine On
100% GPU USAGE 2 - Wallpaper Engine Off

Here's my specs:
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700X (8C/16T) 32MB
GPU: NVIDIA- MSI RTX2070 8GB VENTUS SUPER
MOBO: GIGABYTE B450M AORUS M - AM4
MEMORY: DDR4-2X8GB-3200mhz-T-FORCE DELTA RGB
SSD: 1TB KINGSTON NV1 M.2 NVME
SSD: 240GB KINGSTON UV400 SATA III 2.5-inch 7mm
SSD: 480GB.0 ADATA SU650 SATA III 2.5-inch 7mm
HDD: 1TB TOSHIBA P300 3.5" SATA III
PSU: Thermaltake BX1 RGB 750W 80 BRONZE
CPU COOLING: AIO-ID-COOLING-AURAFLOW X-240L SNOW EDITION
CASE: AIGO DARKFLASH DLM22 TG MATX CASING
CASE FANS: THERMATAKE PURE PLUS RGB RAD FAN 3x3

MAIN MONITOR: 27" AOC CG27G2 164hz 1ms
SECOND MONITOR: 19" DELL P1914 60hz
THIRD MONITOR: 19" DELL P1914 60hz
FOURTH MONITOR: 40" HISENSE LED TV

PRIMARY CAMERA: SONY ZV-1
SECONDARY CAMERA: HIKVISION 1080P Webcam (HIK-DS-U02)
THIRD CAMERA: HIKVISION 1080P Webcam (HIK-DS-U02)
FOURTH CAMERA: HIKVISION 1080P Webcam (HIK-DS-U02)

Emp Ninjaz

Sorry to hijack this post @PaiSand - I just thought of jumping in because I'm also facing the same issue with my GPU reaching 100% utilization. I have added screenshots that you can get from my google drive as the file size is quite big and OBS won't let me upload here directly.

100% GPU USAGE 1 - Wallpaper Engine On
100% GPU USAGE 2 - Wallpaper Engine Off

Here's my specs:
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700X (8C/16T) 32MB
GPU: NVIDIA- MSI RTX2070 8GB VENTUS SUPER
MOBO: GIGABYTE B450M AORUS M - AM4
MEMORY: DDR4-2X8GB-3200mhz-T-FORCE DELTA RGB
SSD: 1TB KINGSTON NV1 M.2 NVME
SSD: 240GB KINGSTON UV400 SATA III 2.5-inch 7mm
SSD: 480GB.0 ADATA SU650 SATA III 2.5-inch 7mm
HDD: 1TB TOSHIBA P300 3.5" SATA III
PSU: Thermaltake BX1 RGB 750W 80 BRONZE
CPU COOLING: AIO-ID-COOLING-AURAFLOW X-240L SNOW EDITION
CASE: AIGO DARKFLASH DLM22 TG MATX CASING
CASE FANS: THERMATAKE PURE PLUS RGB RAD FAN 3x3

MAIN MONITOR: 27" AOC CG27G2 164hz 1ms
SECOND MONITOR: 19" DELL P1914 60hz
THIRD MONITOR: 19" DELL P1914 60hz
FOURTH MONITOR: 40" HISENSE LED TV

PRIMARY CAMERA: SONY ZV-1
SECONDARY CAMERA: HIKVISION 1080P Webcam (HIK-DS-U02)
THIRD CAMERA: HIKVISION 1080P Webcam (HIK-DS-U02)
FOURTH CAMERA: HIKVISION 1080P Webcam (HIK-DS-T
This is my same exact issue at times, I hope we can both solve this issue friend!

UrSchlaefer

Hello there, i am writing for a friend because he cant write or read english, i am trying to help him. I also dident want to open a new threat because he also have the same problem like this one. As soon he starts OBS the GPU usage peaks up between 90-100% Usage, all Game's runs clean without lag's but the GPU goes crazy.
The Log-files is attached and the setting from OBS to.... i hope someone can provide a solution.
Sorry if i am not allowd to post it here, if so pls contact me.
cheers
UrSchlaefer

Attachments

• GPU.png
    GPU.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 59
  • LOGFiles 2022-10-14_16-31-16.txt
    297.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Obs_CPU.png
    Obs_CPU.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Obs_GPU1.png
    Obs_GPU1.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 58

sandrix

Hello there, i am writing for a friend because he cant write or read english, i am trying to help him. I also dident want to open a new threat because he also have the same problem like this one. As soon he starts OBS the GPU usage peaks up between 90-100% Usage, all Game's runs clean without lag's but the GPU goes crazy.
The Log-files is attached and the setting from OBS to.... i hope someone can provide a solution.
Sorry if i am not allowd to post it here, if so pls contact me.
cheers
UrSchlaefer
1. Disable Game DVR
2. Update or remove all plugins
Your friend is using SE.Live. This is the main potential culprit for the problem.

You can create a portable version of OBS and test it. This will give an indication that the problem is caused by a plugin or source in OBS. Portable OBS refers to its own settings.

If OBS portable starts up and works without problems, then start adding sources to find the culprit.

3.Try installing OBS 27.2.4 if all else fails

Last edited:

Yabuk

I was experiencing similar issues, essentially whenever GPU usage peaked at 100% even for a split second OBS would stop responding (even if game would run fine). After a lot of pain, I discovered it was NVIDIA noise & echo suppression which was causing the issues. If you're using any of new NVIDIA Broadcast features try to remove them and test whether you still encounter the issues.

Sirhambino25

Came here to say I have the same issue.

When having just OBS open, I'll notice the FPS dip below 60 FPS and I'll have Frames missed due to rendering lag.

I have uninstalled the latest windows update. Rebooted after that.

Ran DDU, rebooted, uninstalled afterburner, rebooted, installed 517driver for 3070 video card. Reinstalled afterburner, rebooted.

Also rolled back to OBS 28.0.2

Still having frames missed to due rendering lag.

https://obsproject.com/logs/EIIzfYbMCQrn7a7m

The log file says my GPU is being overloaded but it never gets above 50% when monitoring the usage. Didn't start til about a couple of days ago.

Thought it might have been a windows update but uninstalled those and rebooted and still have issues. Also ran a Malwarebytes scan to be safe, no results or any issues there.

System Specs:

Nvidia RTX 3070

AMD Threadripper 2950x

64GB of 3200mhz Ram