Games feel off when recording

loafin

First, a log file. I just played some Valorant DMs as an example, but the issue was definitely still there. https://obsproject.com/logs/OUCVKCQFd5Bl3fkM
I also attached the log, not sure if that has more info or not.

Hello, short summary of my issue. Happy to answer more questions though if needed.

Whenever I record my games just feel off. Like there's this micro lag. My sensitivity does not feel as precise or snappy. Just has this very small lag. Still feels good, until I turn off OBS and my aim magically feels perfect.

In game enemy players also just feel like they're a few frames ahead. I have 9 ping and play locked at 210hz. But it feels like I'm playing either on 40 ping or 60hz in terms of advantage. People just move unnaturally, react in an unnaturally fast way. But the second I turn off OBS the game feels so much easier. (I'm mainly referring to Valorant ftr.

My exact specs are here: https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali536/p...Notification-Responsive-USA-_-N82E16883360141

I added an NVME that I put the recordings on but idt that would matter. I've watched my CPU and GPU usage on my side monitor and my %s never go past like 50%. I play on a 240hz and my side monitor is 60hz. I've seen people say that causes issues, but I've tried playing with the 60hz disconnected many times and it feels absolutely no different.

Sorry if this is scattered, but at this point there's so many variables that I've tried changing that I'm about to just give up and never record. I'd love if someone could help, but it4 seems like an impossible fix to me. My frames are fine in game. I get the same issue in other games too, so I know it's not just Valorant.

Tysm to anyone willing to help. Kinda ruins gaming for me. I love playing, but hitting cool shots and them being gone forever sucks. And when I do record the game just feels so oddly laggy to where I never play well.

Attachments

• 2024-05-05 14-48-08.txt
    31.1 KB · Views: 6

qhobbes

In the Output Encoder Settings, set Multipass Mode to Single Pass. The other 2 use GPU.
I don't know why you have play locked at 210 when your log shows a at 238 refresh rate. You also have a G-Sync capable monitor and graphics card. Just use G-Sync.

loafin

In the Output Encoder Settings, set Multipass Mode to Single Pass. The other 2 use GPU.
I don't know why you have play locked at 210 when your log shows a at 238 refresh rate. You also have a G-Sync capable monitor and graphics card. Just use G-Sync.
I locked it at 210 to counter this issue. I've seen other people with similar issues say locking their fps somewhere it never drops below makes the game feel better. And I turned of G-sync because every single pro chooses not to use it, plus it doesn't feel like it changes anything in a positive way. So I figured less syncs the better in terms of input lag.

I'll try out your suggestion for multipass mode, but I thought it's best to put everything on my GPU since my GPU is much better than my CPU.

Anything else I should try changing?