Question / Help Games crashes when i add "game capture"

Ninoul

Hello everyone,

I post a message here because i have a problem with obs on my computer. Three days ago, i was streaming geometry dash with obs without any problem, but today, when i launch my game, it is crashing. But it happen only when i add "game capture" in obs, even when the live is not starting, otherwise the game works. I have the same thing with the others games. I don't understand what is the problem because i have a powerful computer (i7-8700k, gtx 1080, 16 go...). Maybe the solution is in my settings of obs ?

Please, if you could help me.
Ps : sorry for my english, i'm french

Harold

Conflicts with OBS Studio: Other capture programs, Razer Synapse (disable heatmaps), graphics mods like ENBSeries and SweetFX, and any type of software or utility that displays an in-game overlay like EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, TS3/Mumble overlays, Dolby Axon, Raptr, Overwolf, etc. If you use D3DGear it must be uninstalled completely.
If the game is crashing, there's a conflicting hook.

Ninoul

Thank you for your responses but i don't know what is the crash log and how i can find it, i tried to understand the second message, i think i don't have other capture programs.

Harold

It's more than just other capture programs that cause crashes like yours. ANYTHING that adds an overlay to your game could potentially be the source of the game's crash, with VERY few exceptions (steam's overlay is known to play nice)