frames missed due to rendering lag no matter what i do?

rockbottom

Not sure if the tubing is long enough but moving the AIO to the front position & the fans up top will provide better cooling for the CPU as the air entering the rad will be much cooler @ ambient than the hot air from inside the case.

Edit: Tubing 450mm should be long enough. If possible, the tubing connections to the rad should be oriented so they are at the bottom of the case.

Last edited:

himmelsas

That ive tried without results hehe, today i also reinstalled the aio with new paste and started the tweaking.
After about 3hrs of tweaking i manage to get it up tp ~36,5k with stable temps, 38,9k with throttling ^^

rockbottom

Cool, moving in the right direction. I did some reading, that CPU is designed to hit T Junction so eliminating the throttling completely may not be possible without undervolting it. It just runs balls out until it throttles.

Last edited:

rockbottom

Sounds good, you improved the score almost 5k, that's a really nice improvement.

Thicker rads (38mm+) & fans (40mm+/-) are starting to hit the market. The front position on your case will allow up to 95mm of total thickness. (Top is only 65mm). A cooling upgrade down the road might be something to consider after there's some more options to choose from.

rockbottom

I used the Lian Li (240) for my son's 12700k/3060TI build, it works very good.

Lian Li is actually one of the companies that has the thicker rads & fans coming.

himmelsas

Just used obs (recording) while playing some cod and the results look fine! maxtemp 79c, average 69c and no therman throttling. Will be streaming later so ill be back with results!

rockbottom

Yeah, you won't have any issues with OBS. That throttling most likely won't happen too much at all, only when the CPU is maxed out, like running CB.

rockbottom

No, definately want to stay with a 360. I only used the 240 for his build since his case is the 011 dynamic mini. 360 didn't fit up top (hit his mobo - didn't want to cut it) so I had to move the AIO to the intake position that is 240. AIO tubing isn't long enough but if it was, I would have installed the rad with the tubing at the bottom.

IMG_1528RS.jpg

Last edited:

rockbottom

Here's a couple with thick rads. Both are 38mm thick with High Static P14 or P12 fans & are priced very competitively. There's also a water block fan to help keep the VRM's in check.

Arctic LF II 420 will fit your case in the front, $135.99 Amazon

The LF II 360 $124.99 Amazon

Last edited:

himmelsas

Nice build looks almost like the one i had.. i had 12fans and a white chassi and a vertical gpu tho!
Not changing nothing more brother, next build will be next PC! :D

himmelsas

You can see it in the background here hehe

rockbottom

Thx! He has that thing in his room & is always running it with the door closed. AC doesn't run all the time since the t-stat is downstairs so it's like 10-20 degrees hotter in there than the rest of the house, freakin' flame thrower.

Cool!

Yeah, they look very similar.

himmelsas

Just tried OBS on P7 (best setting) 6000kbit and i killed it! 0 dropped frames!
Fps did drop in warzone but not much at all. Landing on ~ 130-160fps, for next stream i will set up the monitor on 144hz aswell because of this!

himmelsas

Save the cash, use the UHD 770 for encoding additional streams. Cooling should still be sufficient.

I record with the 3090 & the iGPU handles the rest.
Iam curious about getting a laptop in general so wonder an i7 12650, 16gb ddr5, 4060 would be enough to run a stream on? Goal is 1080p on highest settings!

rockbottom

The encoder scales with the GPU model, that's impressive. If you do get any lag, drop it to P5.

No problem with that laptop. That would be cool to use as a mobile streaming unit.