Question / Help frame drops

phantomalpha

when I'm recording cs or any other games obs is fine framewise but when I'm recording rainbow six it turns into an animation stop motion the CPU does not reach the peek and if it did I did the same with GPU and the same thing happened (both of them didn't reach peek) and I have a decent setup better than my friends but they are fine and I tried everything and just am frustrated plz send help
edit: it works perfectly with relive which is AMD's recording software but obs have multiple track and other options

Attachments

• 2019-01-30 19-45-33.txt
    47.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Code:
19:58:25.321: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 2061 (33.8%)
19:58:25.321: ==== Recording Stop ================================================
19:58:25.321: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 2946/6101 (48.3%)

Rendering lag is caused by your GPU not keeping up. If it's not hitting above 90%, it could be that using the AMF encoder (GPU encoder) along with playing a heavy game is too much for your PC.

Encoding lag in your case, due to being the AMF encoder, would be tied to the same cause. Try lowering game settings, ensure you have Vsync enabled, and it might help. Keep in mind that on top of encoding, OBS also has to render your scene, and so may require slightly more resources than tools made by your GPU manufacturer.