Balake

I am a streamer new to the streaming world. I have been working really hard this month to try and become an affiliate on Twitch. However, when running my stream through OBS Studio, I run into the worst possible error message: "Encoding Overload." I have read dozens of articles, tried all kinds of settings, and have spent hours trying to resolve this problem. I have good specs (listed below) and sometimes the stream works flawlessly, and the next it is constantly overloaded even though I changed nothing! Please help me figure out and resolve this issue.

Ryzen 7 3700X
Radeon 5500XT (Upgrading to 3000 Series when it comes out)
16GB 3600MHZ RAM
MPG X-570
Ethernet (900 Down 500 Up)(NAT Type:Strict , College internet)
1080p 60FPS Usb live cam
Other things added to two scenes log below

Truly just want to understand why it is doing this when I have such a good CPU. Please help. If you look in the files, you will see my stream skipped 48% of frames. Also, my CPU usage never seems to get over 6% which baffles me.

Lawrence_SoCal

Sorry, I'm a newbie and don't know enough to review logs. So while awaiting more knowledgeable members to respond
- Is that CPU # from OBS, or from Task Mgr/PerfMon/Resource Monitor? if from OBS, ignore it... monitor from OS level... and monitor Disk, GPU, and RAM utilization while you are at it
- Probably not, but you are using a fast SSD, right? not encoding to a HDD

Jayeさん

"21:47:54.641: Running as administrator: false"

This is your first problem. Run it in administrator.

Next, your bitrate is REALLY low for trying to push 1080p60. Try downscaling it to 720p60 and if that's still too much, 720p30.

That's all I can really see from the log until I learn it more myself.

You're right in that the computer specs aren't terrible, but you're trying to push a battleship down a creek with that bitrate.

Balake

Ok so I allowed it to do an auto-config and set it up itself and it pushed to bitrate up to 6000kb. And how do I know where its encoding from? I have OBS installed on an SSD but I'm not sure where its encoding from. If you could help me find that information that would be great. And how do I run it as an administrator? Ill actually probably go google that because I'm sure its an easy fix.

Toaster

Right click on OBS icon then go down to Run as Administrator. That will set it to administrator for the time you run it.

If you want it always at administrator.

Right click OBS and go to Properties then proceed to Compatibility and check the box that reads Run this program as an Administrator. This will allow the program to always run in Administrator so Problem number 1 Solved.

Jayeさん

Ok so I allowed it to do an auto-config and set it up itself and it pushed to bitrate up to 6000kb. And how do I know where its encoding from? I have OBS installed on an SSD but I'm not sure where its encoding from. If you could help me find that information that would be great. And how do I run it as an administrator? Ill actually probably go google that because I'm sure its an easy fix.

I don't understand what you mean where it's encoding from. Encoding details are usually listed in the Output tab in OBS settings.

Balake

Lawerence asked if i was encoding from an SSD and I'm not entirely sure so I was asking him. I can't run stream right now because I'm about to go to class but when I do ill let you know and tell you how it goes

Balake

Im actually live righ now, Twitch.com/BalakeTTV and so far everything is good. Ill post here if anything goes south. Thanks for the help so far!

Balake

Everything has been working since I ran the auto-config! Everytime I run into the issue I just rerun it and it fixes itself lol

Lawrence_SoCal

Lawerence asked if i was encoding from an SSD and I'm not entirely sure so I was asking him.
Glad to hear you are all set / good to go now.
I was asking where you were encoding TO for your recording (ie file write destination). not 'from'. If your recording output was to a hard drive (vs SSD, depending on specifics, that could be a bottleneck..)
Glad your issue is resolved