Question / Help Elgato game capture HD60

Videophile

Elgato
Hello LtRoyalShrimp, refer to all my other posts on this thread for detailed desciption. I will post all of my other things you are asking for below.

Game Capture software version: The Latest (2.1)
OBS version: v0.638b
Device you are using(HD/HD60): HD60

Is the audio and video coming in from the HD60 desyncing?(Yes/No): No
Is the audio and video from the device in sync but later drifts out of sync from mic/webcam?(Yes/No): Yes
Are you using a webcam(Yes/No): Yes

Computer model number/manufacturer: Custom Built

Mobo: Asus Maximus VI Formula
CPU: Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Ram: 16gb G.Skill Ripjaw @ 1600
Storage: 1tb HDD WD / 750GB SSD Samsung EVO

CPU model number: Intel i7 4770k
How much ram(GB): 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw @ 1600
Graphics card: Gigabyte nVidia 780ti OC Windforce Edition
Thank you. If I could get one more piece of info, please take a look at this guide on how to create a Elgato reporter file. Please upload that file, once created to a filesharing site of your choice and give me the link to download.

AT ONE SIR

So I just ordered an HD60 yesterday to stream my 360 games as well as my flight sim stuff and from reading this I'm going to just cancel the order or immediately return it without opening the box. I guess I should have done a tad more research --mea culpa.

OBS Studio has been super for me and working well on my 21.5" iMac with an i5. I mainly stream Flight Sims too, which are notoriously hard on systems in the first place - so, THANK YOU to OBS for making something that works, and shame on you Elgato for making something that disrupts open source software that is working just fine for people.

Also, would it be possible for posts on these forums to at least be DATE STAMPED? I have zero context regarding how recent the suggestions, fixes, problems are. It's strange that there are no date stamps on the posts.

BlueInfinity

Also, would it be possible for posts on these forums to at least be DATE STAMPED? I have zero context regarding how recent the suggestions, fixes, problems are. It's strange that there are no date stamps on the posts.

Posts are Date Stamped. You just have to hover over a post and it'll appear at the bottom of it below your signature.

AT ONE SIR

Posts are Date Stamped. You just have to hover over a post and it'll appear at the bottom of it below your signature.

Thank you, I see them now. IMO the hovering "feature" makes it difficult to scan the dates quickly when searching for timely and crucial info.

Agentgoomba

Game Capture software version: 2.10.29 (836)
OBS version: v0.638b
Device you are using(HD/HD60): HD60

Is the audio and video coming in from the HD60 desyncing?(Yes/No):Yes
Is the audio and video from the device in sync but later drifts out of sync from mic/webcam?(Yes/No): Yes
Are you using a webcam(Yes/No): No

Computer model number/manufacturer: Custom build
CPU model number: FX-8350 on a Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev. 1
How much ram(GB): 8gb
Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 660

General description of the problem and anything you think could help solve the problem: Audio in the game desyncs with the the video after some time. It seems like it happens where there is a lot of action going on the screen. The Mic will also desync after a while.

Here is my support file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p384h9oz40nek2j/SupportInfo.zip?dl=0

I noticed something interesting on the last stream that I did. I noticed that the stream was fine, and obviously, after some time, it began to desync.
A good example is here in this http://www.twitch.tv/agentgoomba/b/610433242
At 43 minutes, the video starts to desync or has been desynced at this point. Later down the video though, it corrects itself. @2hr, 20min, it is perfectly synced (except mic I believe). Down at around 2hr 45min, it's desynced again. @ 4hr 3mins, after the character select, there was a hiccup with the card, and everything became synced.

I am no expert at all, but to me, it seems like the device is simply struggling to keep up with it's job to encode, so the audio comes out after the video is done? I don't know. I really hope this helps into resolving the issues. If it helps, I plugged the El gato into a USB 3.0 port to test it, but seems like it didn't work this time. Maybe I'll try another port.

ThatThereTim

I really, REALLY wish I'd read this thread before ordering the HD60 2 days ago. Been having no end of problems getting it to run in OBS - clearly from the information here it's Elgato's problem, not OBS'.

It doesn't even show up in the 64bit version of OBS. I'm sending this thing back and getting the old one.

Videophile

Elgato
I really, REALLY wish I'd read this thread before ordering the HD60 2 days ago. Been having no end of problems getting it to run in OBS - clearly from the information here it's Elgato's problem, not OBS'.

It doesn't even show up in the 64bit version of OBS. I'm sending this thing back and getting the old one.
There are no 64bit drivers for the HD60.

As for the other issues, Elgato is well aware of them and actively working on them.

Before you send if back, would you mind filling out this form which will help Elgato fix the problem: http://goo.gl/forms/AKyaZHNy6g

ThatThereTim

There are no 64bit drivers for the HD60.

As for the other issues, Elgato is well aware of them and actively working on them.

Before you send if back, would you mind filling out this form which will help Elgato fix the problem: http://goo.gl/forms/AKyaZHNy6g

No problem.

I did get the device to run eventually, but it kept on disconnecting and desyncing repeatedly during previewing and streaming - I've previous had an Elgato HD and had no problems, so, I'll be returning the HD60 for an HD - I can't do a 24hr live stream for charity if the capture device doesn't work!

Why Elgato thought it was ok to release this device without thoroughly testing with the few 3rd party apps which *everyone* uses is beyond me.

Videophile

Elgato
Quick update:

We have a couple fixes in the works and testing. No ETA's yet. Ill update when we know more.

I thank you guys for your patience. We want to nail this down once and for all.

Scot

For what it's worth, it seems to be software related rather than hardware related. When I used the Elgato HD with the older Elgato software and OBS, everything functioned properly.

Once I upgraded to the HD60 and installed the latest software in order to use it, the problems began. However, when I put the older HD into use, the same problem happened. This leads me to believe it is an issue with the 2.x software/driver.

I'm suffering the same audio desync issues others have outlined. For those suffering with stuttering, preview your stream and then edit the elgato properties. Turn off the allow 60fps option. This smooths out the video, but doesn't deal with the audio desync issue.

Glad to hear it is being addressed by the folks at Elgato. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Agentgoomba

For what it's worth, it seems to be software related rather than hardware related. When I used the Elgato HD with the older Elgato software and OBS, everything functioned properly.

Once I upgraded to the HD60 and installed the latest software in order to use it, the problems began. However, when I put the older HD into use, the same problem happened. This leads me to believe it is an issue with the 2.x software/driver.

I'm suffering the same audio desync issues others have outlined. For those suffering with stuttering, preview your stream and then edit the elgato properties. Turn off the allow 60fps option. This smooths out the video, but doesn't deal with the audio desync issue.

Glad to hear it is being addressed by the folks at Elgato. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

I'm sorry to hear that, but it makes me kinda happy that the HD is also experiencing the same issues with the new software. El Gato is a neat little device and I will hate to have to go buy a different one just because of this desyncing thing. Lets hope that both OBS and El Gato teams can find the issue and correct it!

camel

That sounds like a software issue indeed. Is there an FPGA chip workin inside the capture box thingy? Also are there any updates? I wanted to buy the HD60 capture device but only if it works as intended of course ... ;-)

Agentgoomba

I check this board everyday, sadly, updates don't come around as often as I'd hope. I would love for this to be resolved to start streaming wii u games once again.

Videophile

Elgato
I check this board everyday, sadly, updates don't come around as often as I'd hope. I would love for this to be resolved to start streaming wii u games once again.
Hey there, what you can try is setting the HD60 to use a buffer, and set the buffer to 1. Let me know how it goes.