Question / Help Elgato 4k60 Pro stuttering in preview window

Lechqu

As the title mentions, getting constant stuttering/freezing in the preview box. Example shown here: https://clips.twitch.tv/UgliestSullenMomHotPokket
This constantly happens about every 4 seconds or so. Checked both resource manager and task manager; nothing hits over 18% usage. Setup is using cloning method. So cloning the output from the 1080ti on my gaming PC to my monitor and the Elgato4k60.

However, one thing worth noting is that the stuttering does not occur in the Elgato native 4K capture utility software.

Specs (dedicated streaming PC):
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x @ both base clock of 3.5ghz and OC @ 3.8ghz
Ram: 16gb 2400mhz
GPU: 1050 2gb
Card: Elgato 4k60 Pro
↑ Meets requirements as per this link (directly recommended from official Elgato site):
https://gaming.help.elgato.com/cust...o-game-capture-4k60-pro-—-system-requirements

OBS settings are as follows exactly from this page (directly recommended from official Elgato site):
https://gaming.help.elgato.com/cust...-game-capture-4k60-pro-—-obs-studio-settings-

Tried:
• re-installing display drivers on both gaming and streaming PC
• Enabling fast sync in NVIDIA settings on gaming PC
• Lowering FPS to 120 (as it's divisible by 60) on gaming PC
• re-installing Elgato 4k60 drivers (made sure to click the option to delete settings each time)
• Changing different HDMI Cables
• Using both NVENC H.264 and x264 encoding (although I imagine a Ryzen 7 1700x should be more than capable for encoding this)
• disabling on-board graphics on my gaming PC

The only thing I could possibly think of to try last is to swap the PCI lanes with the graphics card and see if it's a faulty PCI lane. I doubt it though. Seems more like a software issue.

Kind've shocked that something at this price point comes with these sort've issues out of the box this far after release date. Really considering just refunding for an AVerMedia GC57. Reviews seem a lot better.

Attachments

• 2018-10-06 03-34-01.txt
    99.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 2018-10-05 22-03-59.txt
    122.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 2018-10-05 21-42-48.txt
    103.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 2018-10-05 21-42-07.txt
    104 KB · Views: 38

koala

• Use the default NV12 color format instead of RGBA. RGBA eats resources, NV12 not.
  • if you stream with 720p, use 1280x720 as output (Scaled) resolution in Settings->Video and not 2560x1440. Using 1280x720 as output resolution in the encoder settings you use the CPU in an inefficient way for rescaling. Instead, rescaling in Settings->Video is taking place on the GPU in an efficient way.
  • reduce the complexity of your scenes. Every source present needs resources. You have a huge number of sources.

Lechqu

• Use the default NV12 color format instead of RGBA. RGBA eats resources, NV12 not.
  • if you stream with 720p, use 1280x720 as output (Scaled) resolution in Settings->Video and not 2560x1440. Using 1280x720 as output resolution in the encoder settings you use the CPU in an inefficient way for rescaling. Instead, rescaling in Settings->Video is taking place on the GPU in an efficient way.
  • reduce the complexity of your scenes. Every source present needs resources. You have a huge number of sources.
Tried all of these suggestions. Still constant freezing. Managed to find a workaround using the 4k60 streamlink capability but when i stream it manages to drop a significant amount of frames.