Durchblick

Durchblick v0.5.0

Kryptonian

That's just the placeholder that is being shown if a source/scene has been deleted. I should fix that too though. The problem is that it can't write the config 22:05:55.112: [durchblick] Couldn't write config to C:\Users\Bers-video\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio/plugin_config/durchblick/layout.json most likely because the folder durchblick doesn't exist. I should create it automatically but for now you can create it manually to fix the issue (probably).
This worked for me. It now saves correctly. Thank you!

univrsal

universallp updated Durchblick with a new update entry:

Fullscreen, restoring state, custom widgets and minor fixes

• Rightclicking now shows fullscreen/windowed and fit to content menus just like the multiview
  • Fullscreen state, visibility and window position are now saved and reloaded
  • Other plugins can now register their own widget types, see widget-test for an example
  • Scene widgets now use the border as the preview/program indicator by default like the multiview. The icon or no indicator can be configured when widget is created...

Read the rest of this update entry...

BenAndo

Very nice update, thank you!
When using fullscreen it does remember it and re-open on the correct screen when closing and re-opening OBS. However, if I manually close a fullscreened Durchblick then close and re-open OBS, Duckblick appears on the same screen as OBS, over the top of it. If I then close and re-open OBS again then Durchblick appears on the correct screen. So long as I don't manually close Durchblick before closing OBS then it works fine, otherwise it acts a bit funny. Tested on two Windows 11 computers and got the same results.

I guess the correct behaviour would be that if you manually close a fullscreened Durchblick and then close OBS that it shouldn't re-open Durchblick at all. If I make it windowed and then manually close it, it doesn't auto-open again.
I would like a way to force open it though, even if I manually close it in OBS. I guess that's where an open on hotkey would come in handy, or an open on startup option tickbox.

Also I use a Dell touchscreen monitor for my multiview, as such I don't move the mouse around much. So the border is green as the mouse doesn't move away from the scene that's been pressed/clicked on. Any way for it to show up as red instead? For now I'll just keep using the icon for program indication.

univrsal

I would like a way to force open it though, even if I manually close it in OBS. I guess that's where an open on hotkey would come in handy, or an open on startup option tickbox.
Checkbox should be doable. The hotkeys have to probably wait. I want to first get multiple instances working. I also need to fix some issues which happen when switching scene collections.
Also I use a Dell touchscreen monitor for my multiview, as such I don't move the mouse around much. So the border is green as the mouse doesn't move away from the scene that's been pressed/clicked on. Any way for it to show up as red instead? For now I'll just keep using the icon for program indication.
I might remove the green hover indicator all together it doesn't really serve a purpose.

This is excellent. If only Multiview would honour the "Hide OBS Window from Screen Capture" setting. Then it could be used on the screen you are showing.

That seems to be intentional:
I could however add an option to not do this for Durchblick, but I don't know any use case for it.
Hi thanks, although I do some coding I don't fully understand that but it looks like Multiview is intentionally always viewable. Well if you could add an option to your excellent extension without too much hassle? The reason for this is for users (like me) who use only 1 (4K) display.

Example use case:
  • I always hide and then minimise OBS when streaming (it is not games that I stream, it is tech DAW stuff btw)
  • I occasionally bring up OBS to check things (and as it is hidden from capture this great as it does not interfere)
  • I use Touch Portal to control scenes and other things which is fine
  • But to be able to see the scene and cue it up without it interfering with the stream display would be great
  • "Why not just use studio mode?" Becuase this runs inside OBS so it is ungainly and would mean bringing up the whole OBS application every time I want to check a scene

If this could be done with your extension, I could have a neat little box placed anywhere on the screen, that would enable me to control scenes without the need for viewers to see it.

I hope that makes sense.

And of course thank you for reading anyway. I actually never considered using Multiview until you released this extension to it.

univrsal

Hi thanks, although I do some coding I don't fully understand that but it looks like Multiview is intentionally always viewable. Well if you could add an option to your excellent extension without too much hassle? The reason for this is for users (like me) who use only 1 (4K) display.

Example use case:
  • I always hide and then minimise OBS when streaming (it is not games that I stream, it is tech DAW stuff btw)
  • I occasionally bring up OBS to check things (and as it is hidden from capture this great as it does not interfere)
  • I use Touch Portal to control scenes and other things which is fine
  • But to be able to see the scene and cue it up without it interfering with the stream display would be great
  • "Why not just use studio mode?" Becuase this runs inside OBS so it is ungainly and would mean bringing up the whole OBS application every time I want to check a scene

If this could be done with your extension, I could have a neat little box placed anywhere on the screen, that would enable me to control scenes without the need for viewers to see it.

I hope that makes sense.

And of course thank you for reading anyway. I actually never considered using Multiview until you released this extension to it.
Adding it shouldn't be difficult, I'll add it to the todo list.

Last edited:

univrsal

I hope you mean should not be too difficult. Haha. :-) If it IS difficult please do not spend your time on it. It would be very helpful to me but I am not sure of other users. Thanks again for your time, much appreciated. :-)
Yeah, whoops. If I understood how the feature works in obs correctly it's basically just one line of code.

univrsal

It works perfectly thank you. :-)

Now I have one more request which I think may be useful but not so easy to implement, if possible at all.

Possibility to adjust the text/label size.

Use case:
  • On a single 4K display I will now have this (hidden from display capture) as a small window that will enable us to change scenes.
  • However, the label text becomes very small when the Durchblick window is made small, (see screenshot).
  • A lot of my scenes are not easily recognisable by the "thumbnail" so I would like to make the label text bigger, (even if it means they will appear a little intrusive).
  • Perhaps even an option to add a custom text label to each widget, rather than using the default.
Thanks for your work on this, it really is a game changer.

2022-04-14_09-26-46.png

Thanks again for your replies. Pretty sure I checked that but will check again and post back. Also about the text thing, thanks for considering it.