univrsal

universallp submitted a new resource:

Durchblick - Modular multiview

header.png

Allows you to arrange scene and source previews in any way you want:

unknown.png
Windows
Either run the installer or follow these steps:
  1. Open your obs-studio installation folder (eg. Right click on the shortcut and click...

Read more about this resource...

BOLL

This is super neat, way more flexible than the built in one yeah One thing I'm curious about is what showing the volume meters is supposed to do, as I can't see any difference Trying to turn it on for the Program widget it looks the same.

univrsal

This is super neat, way more flexible than the built in one yeah One thing I'm curious about is what showing the volume meters is supposed to do, as I can't see any difference Trying to turn it on for the Program widget it looks the same.
The volume meter isn't done, yet. It does kinda work for sources, but I wasn't happy with it so I didn't mention it in the showcase.
If you add a VLC source for example the volume meter will show up in the top left corner:
1647825023900.png

It's way too small, doesn't react properly and only displays one channel, so it's far from finished.

AndersM

This looks very interesting! If you take feature requests, it would be super cool to be able to dock the multiview in the main interface. Having a docked 2x4 multiview under the main PWV and PGM would be very useful in many cases.

univrsal

This looks very interesting! If you take feature requests, it would be super cool to be able to dock the multiview in the main interface. Having a docked 2x4 multiview under the main PWV and PGM would be very useful in many cases.
I'll see how much effort that would be

nicwillu

This is really great! Would totally use this in our show. Could you make it open on OBS Startup, and possibly remember position?

BenAndo

This looks extremely promising. I've been looking for a way to have better customisation of the multi-view for a very long time. You're onto something really big!

I've also got a few feature requests. Being able to fullscreen it & the ability for it to auto-open when OBS opens. Or even being able to open it with a hotkey.

Having the green border around the active view red instead of green & being able to disable the red square. I do like the green outline and red square but I just want it to look more like the normal multi-view if possible. But my biggest feature request would definitely be fullscreen and auto-open.
Thanks for the great work!

univrsal

This looks extremely promising. I've been looking for a way to have better customisation of the multi-view for a very long time. You're onto something really big!

I've also got a few feature requests. Being able to fullscreen it & the ability for it to auto-open when OBS opens. Or even being able to open it with a hotkey.

Having the green border around the active view red instead of green & being able to disable the red square. I do like the green outline and red square but I just want it to look more like the normal multi-view if possible. But my biggest feature request would definitely be fullscreen and auto-open.
Thanks for the great work!
I've added the option to use the border as the preview/program indicator, which is used by default now. The fullscreen option has already been suggested.

ckbcowboy

This looks amazing! I'm so excited to try it. I just have a few questions:

Is it possible to select a scene by single-clicking? That's how I currently change scenes in Multiview.

Also, would it be possible to create a widget type of "OBS panel"? I've always wanted to show my OBS stats in the multiview :D

nicwillu

This looks amazing! I'm so excited to try it. I just have a few questions:

Is it possible to select a scene by single-clicking? That's how I currently change scenes in Multiview.

Also, would it be possible to create a widget type of "OBS panel"? I've always wanted to show my OBS stats in the multiview :D

You can single-click to preview, and double-click to put scene in program

Is there a specific setting to get it to save the layout? Every time I shut down OBS is erases all the changes I made. I know in the video you said it saved the layout but it's not doing it for me.

univrsal

Is there a specific setting to get it to save the layout? Every time I shut down OBS is erases all the changes I made. I know in the video you said it saved the layout but it's not doing it for me.
Can you upload your last obs studio log?
Technically yes. It wouldn't look like the stats window though. I'm also not sure if all the information in the stats dialog is available to plugins.

Alex Bers

i see something like this in log files

3:31:05.514: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'decklink-captions.dll'
23:31:05.525: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'decklink-ouput-ui.dll'
23:31:05.537: [Downstream Keyer] loaded version 0.2.0
23:31:05.572: [durchblick] Loading v0.1.1 build time 2022.03.20 18:14
23:31:05.572: Source ID 'image_source' not found
23:31:05.572: Failed to create source 'durchblick_placeholder'!

univrsal

i see something like this in log files

3:31:05.514: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'decklink-captions.dll'
23:31:05.525: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'decklink-ouput-ui.dll'
23:31:05.537: [Downstream Keyer] loaded version 0.2.0
23:31:05.572: [durchblick] Loading v0.1.1 build time 2022.03.20 18:14
23:31:05.572: Source ID 'image_source' not found
23:31:05.572: Failed to create source 'durchblick_placeholder'!
That's just the placeholder that is being shown if a source/scene has been deleted. I should fix that too though. The problem is that it can't write the config 22:05:55.112: [durchblick] Couldn't write config to C:\Users\Bers-video\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio/plugin_config/durchblick/layout.json most likely because the folder durchblick doesn't exist. I should create it automatically but for now you can create it manually to fix the issue (probably).