Question / Help Dual pc stream high cpu usage problem. Video/stream lags

oskari juhonen

I have a dedicated streaming laptop which I use to stream and I game with another pc.
Laptop specs:
MSI GP62MVR 7RF-633NE
CPU
: Intel i7-7700HQ
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400Mhz

I am using avermedia u3 capture card between the two computers and when i use "faster" cpu preset the video/stream is really laggy and my cpu0 is 100 usage.
I had previously worse streaming laptop with i7-3610qm and gtx 660m. It worked well with "faster" cpu preset.
I have tried to put the laptop to sport mode which uses the turbo for the cpu to go 3.5 ghz. Cpu goes to the 3.5 stable but still obs is using 100 of my cpu0 and my stream/video lags
Obs only shows cpu usage 20-30% but when I check from resource monitor its 100 but only with cpu0. Others are like 70-80 %
In idle without anything else then resource monitor I have 2% of cpu usage.
When I open obs and let it idle its 30%
When I start recording it goes between 70-105%
OBS Doesnt show that it skips frames or cpu usage is full.
https://hastebin.com/ivovudelel LOGFILE

koala

Update OBS. The current version has some performance improvements with high usage being idle and browser source.

oskari juhonen

Update OBS. The current version has some performance improvements with high usage being idle and browser source.
I tested with newest obs. I can go 6k bitrate now with 720p60fps but can't go higher resolution, without laggy video on recording. I would think i7 7700hq with turboboost to 3.5ghz could do it.
Thank you for your reply! :)