Does "Refresh browser when scene becomes active" reduce bandwidth when pulling multiple sources from OBS Ninja?

janita

I have 10+ scenes on OBS Studio, each pulling a different video source via OBS Ninja for a live conference scenario. I would like to know whether ticking "Refresh browser when scene becomes active" will help to reduce bandwidth during the conference. When a scene is inactive, does it stop pulling the browser sources that are in that scene to free up bandwidth?

LastofAvari

If you want to stop inactive sources from being processed there's a "Shut down source when not visible" option, which could help with data and CPU usage when those scenes are not active.

janita

If you want to stop inactive sources from being processed there's a "Shut down source when not visible" option, which could help with data and CPU usage when those scenes are not active.
Thanks for the info! Do you know if sources still process in the background after you navigate away from a scene?

LastofAvari

As far as I can tell from using shut down option - they are completely shut off when the scene is not active and only start doing their jobs again when you're back to their scene. For example, I have a text scroller which starts from the beginning when I switch scenes back to it and the same thing with VLC local video source.