Question / Help Display Capture Not Working (No Properties Unavailable)

Ewiz

I've started using OBS for not a long time. I just updated my macOS and when I checked my OBS, my display capture was black. When I clicked properties, it says "no properties available." I would like to know how to fix it. I'm also new to OBS so I would like a easy tutorial. Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 8.55.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 8.55.00 PM.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 3,637

Narcogen

Uninstall OBS. (Drag it to the trash).

Delete this folder:

~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio

Start over.

Be advised there are currently issues using OBS with MacOS 10.15 (Catalina).

macOS 10.15 Catalina Support Status

If it is mission-critical for you it may be useful to downgrade to 10.14 Mojave, and there are certain features that only work in 10.13 High Sierra.

XDualzz

I still cant fix my black screen and no properties available on mac. Can anyone make a video on how to do it!!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
If you are getting this problem on macOS 10.15 Catalina, please make sure you update OBS to the latest version (24.0.6 as of this writing).

What helped in my case was to close OBS and restart it. The second time, OBS did show up as an option under 'screen recording' in the preferences. (here: Settings > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Screen Recording.)
Hope that works for you as well

Rrr2021

What helped in my case was to close OBS and restart it. The second time, OBS did show up as an option under 'screen recording' in the preferences. (here: Settings > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Screen Recording.)
Hope that works for you as well

Thank you very much, i’d tried to fix this problem in many ways but finally it was very normal, just allow OBS to screen record.
Thank you again