Question / Help Display capture black screen

Eucliwood

I have a gaming laptop with NVIDIA Graphics card and an Intel Integrated card. I have checked and tried all possible ways to fix the famous 'Black screen' in OBS but they seem to not work at all, Here's what I have tried:
1. Changing the preferred card to Integrated
2. Changing the preferred card to NVIDIA
3. Changing the preferred card to auto-select
4. Changing compatibility of OBS to windows 10/7/8/8.1 [Based on a tutorial on YouTube]

And even then OBS just doesn't seem to work. It did work one time when I completely removed the NVIDIA graphics driver from my laptop. But I need the NVIDIA graphics driver. Also, I need OBS to work because there's simply not even a single software that has given better results than this for me personally.
P.S. I have already tried Streamlabs OBS and the same issue is coming in that too. Someone, please help me out!

Also, I don't really know how to add log file link to this post so here it is: https://obsproject.com/logs/FRDGRDxeKFQN2ZR9

DaMaDo

I'm having the same issue and have tried the same steps.

I can get a window to capture just fine, but not the display. When I'm at work and connected to 3 monitors with the docking station I can capture the display, but not at home with the laptop's own screen. https://obsproject.com/logs/1C6yRLRWnIqCkA4j

It looks like yours is also loading on the nvidia card
Loading up D3D11 on adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (0)

Mine says
Loading up D3D11 on adapter NVIDIA Quadro P3000 (0)
no matter what the setting in NVidia control panel is.

Would love to use this at home on the laptop screen if I can force this to load on the integrated GPU.

conetopia

Just run OSB as admin.
Fixes/Solves all problems.

If you did not run as admin the first time.
Restart computer, and then run as admin :)

Note that if your running as admin, and still see black screen for a video game....
minimize the game, then maximize it again, change resolution settings to something random, then back to preferred resolution, minimize and maximize again, and OSB should detect it.

tertl1975

None of these solved the issue for me but I found another fix. Go to Settings - Advanced - Sources. Deselect 'Enable Browser Source Hardware Acceleration. This fixed it for me and will hopefully help someone else too.

Ambideer

None of these solved the issue for me but I found another fix. Go to Settings - Advanced - Sources. Deselect 'Enable Browser Source Hardware Acceleration. This fixed it for me and will hopefully help someone else too.
Where exactly do you go when say, "Go to Settings?"

Dubs2theA

If you're on a laptop, I don't think there's a fix. The only solution is to maybe use a Chrome Extension screen recorder instead of OBS.