Directory watch media

Directory watch media 0.7.0

Hans Bélanger

Is there such an alternative version of this plugin that gets every file from a folder rather than just the first one from the given sort function?

I have this exact need the plugin fixes of often changing files that would require to manually update the content of the vlc source, except I'm working with half a dozen short files at a time rather than just the one.

Hi Exeldro, I am not sure, but I think this plugin may be getting in the way of the built in virtual cam. OBS 27.1.3 Mac OS High Sierra. Is their any way I can uninstall it to see. I just used Virtual Cam for something. Right after I downloaded and installed, "Directory watch media." It shows up as expected, but haven't used it yet and when I click on the built in virtual webcam it darkens, but doesn't output to anything. Is it a coincidence or maybe the plugin hasn't been updated to the current version of OBS. I really need to find out as I use zoom for lessons. Thanks! Oh! It also says, OBS wants to make chanwes and to enter my password each time I turn it on.

Hi Exeldro, I am not sure, but I think this plugin may be getting in the way of the built in virtual cam. OBS 27.1.3 Mac OS High Sierra. Is their any way I can uninstall it to see. I just used Virtual Cam for something. Right after I downloaded and installed, "Directory watch media." It shows up as expected, but haven't used it yet and when I click on the built in virtual webcam it darkens, but doesn't output to anything. Is it a coincidence or maybe the plugin hasn't been updated to the current version of OBS. I really need to find out as I use zoom for lessons. Thanks! Oh! It also says, OBS wants to make changes and to enter my password each time I turn it on.
Update: Before I typed that last post I really tried to get Vcam to work. I open and closed OBS and did a restart on my Mac, but it wasn't until I tried a new copy of OBS that it seems to be working again. Now all the copies I have can do the Vcam and Directory Watch Media. I've done all this in one night, so I will keep you posted after trying it a few days in case it was one of them things. Thanks for the plugin!

T68

Hi!
Can this plugin be used to play the latest file in a folder AND the previusly added files in that same folder? I´m lookin for functionality to play all the saved instant replay files in a folder, just by switching to a scene that contains this VLC video source which is set to play the folder content.
Currently I need to re-open the source config to get it to recognize any added files in the folder.

PlayFan

Hi ! Nice plugin ! Is there any way to have all the sub-folders of the currently watched folder ?
I want to record my last 15s with ShadowPlay for example, but unfortunately, ShadowPlay decides to create a new folder for every game.
So my watched directory is, for example "C:/Videos" but I need the filter to also watch directories like "C:/Videos/Minecraft" or "C:/Videos/Moonlighter"

Thanks !

PlayFan

@PlayFan that is possible to make, but it will take more resources to do scan more directories.
I understand, thank you for answering ! I'm currently using an OBS instance on a secondary computer so i'd probably not be bothered by it, but I'm sure this is another story when you're trying to scan x folders every xxxx ms while playing and streaming on the same device...
I tried to find a way to avoid a folder creation on ShadowPlay's side but it looks like im out of luck here... :(

T68

Hi!
Unfortunately I cannot get this plugin to work as expected. I record instant replays into a folder which I then want to play as a looped playlist in a VLC Video source. I have created a VLC source which is assigned to this plugin by a filter setup as a poster has suggested. But when i activate the VLC video source it only plays the oldest replay video. If I open the settings of the VLC it also only lists the oldest replay video file.
What am I doing wrong here?

T68

Update: it´s working! Dunno really what I did differently except to change sort order to createst newest. It still lists and plays starting with the oldest though. Strange.... but I am a happy camper now. Thanks for a good plugin!

JesperVonfel

Hello,
I am looking for a plugin that find videos from a folder like this one but I would love to have the option to play a random video, all the sorted by options are indeed sorted. Is it possible to have a random option?
Thanks a lot

fred_mackay

Hey mate!
Been using this for a while now and love it, but I keep running into an issue which is wholly Windows specific BS. I have a bunch of images I want to show, and have rigged up the random key in order to cycle through them, however Windows keeps generating a desktop.ini file which I cannot for the life of me get rid of permanently. The image extensions are *.gif *.jpg *.jpeg and *.png and I'm wondering:
1) Is it possible to comma separate the extensions I want it to watch for in the "Extension" field?
or
2) Would it be possible at all to get an "Exclude" field in order to specify a file I don't want it to pick?

Keep up the great work man!

hydrilus

Hello @Exeldro ! Really great plugin here, thank you for your work. I just have a fairly simple question I think:

I'm using this to scan for the most recently created "Replay" file in a directory (after pressing a hotkey to save the OBS Replay Buffer) and load it into a regular OBS Media Source. This source is then made visible for playback 3 seconds later (using LioranBoard for that).
The issue I'm running into is that when the source is made visible to play, it always shows a bit of the previous file that was loaded first, before then updating and playing from the most recent file after my hotkey press.

I figured this was possibly because i wasn't giving OBS enough time to save the file, and then your filter enough time to scan and load the new file path, but I've waited as long as 15 seconds before making the source visible for playback and it still plays a bit of the previous replay file before beginning the new one. Any thoughts on this?

I've tried doing this using a VLC Media Source instead as well, and it seems to work but unfortunately I don't need a playlist format for my usage scenario. I just want it to play one single most recent replay, and since VLC Media Source will always play the first file path that was added (i.e. the oldest file rather than the most recent added by your filter), this doesn't work for me.

Hoping you can provide some insight, thank you!

Tomasz Góral

Hello @Exeldro ! Really great plugin here, thank you for your work. I just have a fairly simple question I think:

I'm using this to scan for the most recently created "Replay" file in a directory (after pressing a hotkey to save the OBS Replay Buffer) and load it into a regular OBS Media Source. This source is then made visible for playback 3 seconds later (using LioranBoard for that).
The issue I'm running into is that when the source is made visible to play, it always shows a bit of the previous file that was loaded first, before then updating and playing from the most recent file after my hotkey press.

I figured this was possibly because i wasn't giving OBS enough time to save the file, and then your filter enough time to scan and load the new file path, but I've waited as long as 15 seconds before making the source visible for playback and it still plays a bit of the previous replay file before beginning the new one. Any thoughts on this?

I've tried doing this using a VLC Media Source instead as well, and it seems to work but unfortunately I don't need a playlist format for my usage scenario. I just want it to play one single most recent replay, and since VLC Media Source will always play the first file path that was added (i.e. the oldest file rather than the most recent added by your filter), this doesn't work for me.

Hoping you can provide some insight, thank you!
I wait 2 sec and play replays.
For this i always got open multiview window. Some times i see new first frame from replays some not, but always after 2-3 sec i can play replay scene.

hydrilus

I wait 2 sec and play replays.
For this i always got open multiview window. Some times i see new first frame from replays some not, but always after 2-3 sec i can play replay scene.
Thanks Tomasz.

As I mentioned, I've waited as long as 15 seconds after creating the replay file, giving OBS plenty of time to do what it does, and plenty of time for the Directory Media Watch to update to the most recent file path, yet it still plays the previous file for a few seconds first, then updates.

I found a workaround using a VLC Media Source though. Initially, since I only want to play one file, this wouldn't work for me because Directory Media Watch will continue adding file paths to the playlist with each new file it finds, and always play the first/oldest in the list when the source is made visible, instead of the most recent. I figured out how to use LioranBoard to clear the playlist though after every replay gets shown. This way, Directory Media Watch adds the filepath, the replay plays, then the path is cleared.

So far, this is working perfectly. :)

Tomasz Góral

Thanks Tomasz.

As I mentioned, I've waited as long as 15 seconds after creating the replay file, giving OBS plenty of time to do what it does, and plenty of time for the Directory Media Watch to update to the most recent file path, yet it still plays the previous file for a few seconds first, then updates.

I found a workaround using a VLC Media Source though. Initially, since I only want to play one file, this wouldn't work for me because Directory Media Watch will continue adding file paths to the playlist with each new file it finds, and always play the first/oldest in the list when the source is made visible, instead of the most recent. I figured out how to use LioranBoard to clear the playlist though after every replay gets shown. This way, Directory Media Watch adds the filepath, the replay plays, then the path is cleared.

So far, this is working perfectly. :)
You can clear vlc list the same keys as save replays ;)

WesthillChurch

Update: it´s working! Dunno really what I did differently except to change sort order to createst newest. It still lists and plays starting with the oldest though. Strange.... but I am a happy camper now. Thanks for a g
Hi!
Unfortunately I cannot get this plugin to work as expected. I record instant replays into a folder which I then want to play as a looped playlist in a VLC Video source. I have created a VLC source which is assigned to this plugin by a filter setup as a poster has suggested. But when i activate the VLC video source it only plays the oldest replay video. If I open the settings of the VLC it also only lists the oldest replay video file.
What am I doing wrong here?
Hi. Have you any idea what you did to fix it? Could you provide a screen shot of your media source? I have the same problem. My playlist in the VLC Media source only has one file from the directory.

kaoticpunisher

Hello i m having an issue, the plugin doesnt reproduce all the files of the directory, only the first or the last, depending on how i choose from the options, but doesnt make any transition into the next one.
Any solution or tip?