Directory watch media

Directory watch media 0.7.0

T68

Hi. Have you any idea what you did to fix it? Could you provide a screen shot of your media source? I have the same problem. My playlist in the VLC Media source only has one file from the directory.
Hi!
Sorry for late answer. Here is how i set up the filter on the mediasource that plays the playlist of captured replays. I added the letter "-R" to the replay filename and filter on this. Hop it can help.

1670419286821.png

Here is the playlist populated in the source:
1670419402231.png

KalleGrabowski

Is there any "manual" way to install this plugin on an m1/m2 obs installation, or does the plugin need a code rework in order to function on apple silicon?

jegadk

Nice plugin to replay goals in the period break. I'm recording/streaming icehockey games.

Is there any way to get some transition to the clips. It looks not so good when playing several files because it just cut from one to another
Need an answer. Can this be possible ?? Will do the plugin even better

KalleGrabowski

First of all thanks a lot for updating the plugin and responding to this thread.
Unfortunately the plugin is not yet working for me.
I am using an M2 MacBook Pro with Ventura 13.2.1 and OBS 29.0.2.
The plugin seemed to install fine (installation routine finished) and the filter can be applied to a VLC-Source in OBS.
When I configure the plugin everything seems to work as expected at first, but when adding files to the folder being watched, it only adds the first three (or so) files and only plays the first one added, no matter what type of sorting method I select.

Is anybody else experiencing the same problem or are there any known issues with my version of MacOS or OBS?
I appreciate any comments pointing me towards a possible solution.

Isa-Love-Anime

I'm also having a problem, but apparently it's different from what anyone else has encountered... I'm on Windows 10 and I tried installing the plugin both manually and with the installer, but the filter just doesn't show up at all as an option in the list :/

I don't think I'm doing something wrong, I'm trying to use it on a VLC media source, I've tried installing the "Visual C++ redistributable for visual studio 2019" too but it's not letting me since I have a newer version (so I assume there shouldn't be a problem??), restarted my PC several times just to see if it wasn't some Windows BS going on, and nothing.

I think my OBS is not updated to the lastest version, but I don't feel like it should be an issue in this case? However if that might interfere with the plugin, please let me know.

beardedink

Love the idea of this plugin and when it works, it works fairly well. However with the needed update for random files, the list is somehow and for some reason populated with a random file from the root directory. In my case it was a .log file in the C:/ root.

Another instance loaded the .GamingRoot file and another a .vbs file, also from the root directory. The clips being loaded in the filter are far from being in root and I cannot figure out why it adds these files to the playlist. It does see to load the playlist and when it loads one of these extra files it stops, so in a directory with 40 clips to load, it may stop at 4 or 5, then load this root directory file and cease to laod anything further.

Removing the file from root directory allows the filter to populate the playlist completely and as expected, but if I add that file back where it belongs in root, the problem happens again when I clear or refresh the playlist.

wrb

Does not work for obs 29.1 . Probably you need updates as Replay Source 1.6.12

Last edited:

BobbyJones

Does not seem to work with the xObsAsyncImageSource plugin, which ads a 2nd image source type loading images async.
Could this maybe made compatible ? - does it need to be made compatible or will the image update not cause "lags" at all ?

Isa-Love-Anime

I'm also having a problem, but apparently it's different from what anyone else has encountered... I'm on Windows 10 and I tried installing the plugin both manually and with the installer, but the filter just doesn't show up at all as an option in the list :/

I don't think I'm doing something wrong, I'm trying to use it on a VLC media source, I've tried installing the "Visual C++ redistributable for visual studio 2019" too but it's not letting me since I have a newer version (so I assume there shouldn't be a problem??), restarted my PC several times just to see if it wasn't some Windows BS going on, and nothing.

I think my OBS is not updated to the lastest version, but I don't feel like it should be an issue in this case? However if that might interfere with the plugin, please let me know.

Nevermind, it was definitely a version conflict problem between OBS and the plugin. Got it to work now!

ESmall

This is a great plugin that is much needed for OBS. Thank you Exeldro. I am also using VLC video source as the player. One issue I am having is when a new video is added to a target folder (as the playlist is playing), the playlist restarts when the video is added to the queue. In addition, after this happens, the plugin stops working and I can no longer add videos to the playlist. I am wondering if something broke with update to visual c++ (as the link on this page is to an older one).

BobbyJones

Any way to animate new items? This right now is the biggest downside - updated items just get replaced, that doesnt look good :(

3Draco

Hello, after updating to 29.1.3 I have a problem with this plugin. Freezing occurs every 30 seconds and 67 frames are lost. Without the plugin everything works fine!

3Draco

Hello, after updating to 29.1.3 I have a problem with this plugin. Freezing occurs every 30 seconds and 67 frames are lost. Without the plugin everything works fine!
Ok I found the problem, it was a path that was no longer accessible.