Resource icon

Desert Kharon IRC Plugin 1.0

mckevin

Hello !

I could Install the plugin properly after reading your FAQ a few times ! But now I'm having a strange issue. When the message stops coming for at least 5 seconds, the plugin stops working ( updating ) and it won't show me even a single message. I been trying to wait for a few minutes and try to write new messages but it won't work. The only chance is to go to settings and relaunch the plugin :-(.

Did u hear about such an issue ( did not find on the forum ) ?

Icewave

Sorry to bring this up, but how do I get the first letter of someone's name in caps using this plugin?

I'm using the custom option but I'm still not seeing caps.

drathek

This plugin is amazing! I didn't realize at first it had to be thrown into the CLRHostPlugin host plugin itself, but that seems to be the most common problem people have talked about in the thread so I was able to figure it out.

However, is there any way to right align the text as well as have chat appear top down instead of bottom up (in wrap mode)? Or can I expect these features soon? For my stream I think this is best in the top right corner of my screen, but it looks awkward without either of those two settings.

Thanks for your hard work!

DbX

This plugin is really awesome. Really simple to set up and customize. However I'm having a problem with it cutting off messages after a certain amount of characters. Seems to peak at 75 and then everything after that is cut off. Anyone know of a fix for this?

Edit: Huh, tried it again a couple hours later and it seemed to have fixed itself. That's really weird. :|

Edit2: Never mind! When testing it in an alt channel it worked fine (was logged in on main account of course, connected to alt channel and talked there). Went back to my own channel and text got cut off again. So I decided to log on my alt and chat on my main channel, and that seemed to work fine as well.

Maybe it has something to do with talking on your own channel? Another thing that -might- be worth mentioning (probably not) is that I was given a name change and my account is now 3 characters long (minimum when registering to Twitch is still 4 I believe). Big shot in the dark there but could that affect anything? If it's the former I guess it's not too big of a deal since most casters talk through mic or don't really give long replies to anything while playing their games but I believe it's worth mentioning.

pcarton

I love this plugin, it looks so much better than any other chat solution I've seen. The only problem I can think of is that there isn't a way to clear deleted messages. I'd rather not have someone who was banned on twitch have their offensive chat on the screen. Even just a way to easily clear the whole chat would be nice. But again, love the plugin, works wonderfully and looks awesome.

drathek

pcarton said:
I love this plugin, it looks so much better than any other chat solution I've seen. The only problem I can think of is that there isn't a way to clear deleted messages. I'd rather not have someone who was banned on twitch have their offensive chat on the screen. Even just a way to easily clear the whole chat would be nice. But again, love the plugin, works wonderfully and looks awesome.

If you open the properties of the scene object like you were going to change a setting and then apply it clears the chat.

Hey guys, I've read a little bit over your messages and I see there are still problems and I'd like to add a few features, but I have to let you know that I'm currently very busy and I'll have to stop developing the plugin for a little while. I'm going to work on it again, but currently I'm writing my own game and I need to finish it as soon as possible ... it's really stressing me and I don't sleep much :D ... ... coffee is my best friend atm.

okuRaku

Hello all - thanks to sickbattery for making this plugin open source! I echo the sentiments of others in the thread that this plugin really accomplishes what other solutions don't, establishing a middle ground between having a clean game image visible but still retaining the chat on VODs. And like others I wanted to use it for that purpose but really needed to have several features that capturing actual twitch chat gets you (user nick colors, face macros, etc).

Having enough programming knowledge to do some damage (lots of Java experience but zero C#) I decided to recruit my good friend IronMan42 (twitch name IronMan_42, great Hawken streamer - shameless plug) who is a C# expert and work together to add all the features we wanted.

We have gotten it to a point where it seems fit for release to others so I went ahead and forked the main project and submitted a pull request for sickbattery to look over and consider including for the next release.

All of these are included:
domosapien said:
Any plans on adding a background color + transparency (I would like to have a light background)?
Tink said:
Add an option to give a line a background with transparency settings
pcarton said:
(could be improved, right now it leaves a blank line)
drunkkidsgaming said:
I don't know if this is possible but if it is it would be just the perfect thing ever to somehow have the plugin interpret twitch face name codes and insert the corresponding twitch face.
Oh also, slightly easier possible addition, pulling in the colors of peoples chat names, or worst case, randomizing the users chat name colors, I know it probably seems stupid but for some reason I and my chat like having different name colors instead of one big wall of white text and one other color on the name.
Both done - support for standard faces, sub faces, and BetterTwitchTV faces. User Nick colors from Twitch (optional) should work exactly as their client does - thanks for the link xiuide :) You can enable this if you're connecting to other IRC servers just to get the default color, which looks random but will be static per nick.

And after digging around in the code for a week I wanted to post some responses to these:

drathek said:
However, is there any way to right align the text as well as have chat appear top down instead of bottom up (in wrap mode)?
I looked quickly at how to add this and it won't be easy, but of course is do-able.
DbX said:
Maybe it has something to do with talking on your own channel? Another thing that -might- be worth mentioning (probably not) is that I was given a name change and my account is now 3 characters long (minimum when registering to Twitch is still 4 I believe).
Neither of these things should cause the behavior you mentioned.. not sure what would though...

serfma

Hate to say but for some reason this plugin cannot connect. I know it may not be the plugin's fault, but is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Of course, 10 seconds after I post this I take a look at the "password" field help button...only to remember instantly that it was the oauth code instead of stream password. *facepalm*

Getting back into streaming and this was one required plugin for me to get before I started again! Thanks for making something so awesome! :)

flatlinesc2

okuRaku said:
Hello all - thanks to sickbattery for making this plugin open source! I echo the sentiments of others in the thread that this plugin really accomplishes what other solutions don't, establishing a middle ground between having a clean game image visible but still retaining the chat on VODs. And like others I wanted to use it for that purpose but really needed to have several features that capturing actual twitch chat gets you (user nick colors, face macros, etc).

Having enough programming knowledge to do some damage (lots of Java experience but zero C#) I decided to recruit my good friend IronMan42 (twitch name IronMan_42, great Hawken streamer - shameless plug) who is a C# expert and work together to add all the features we wanted.

We have gotten it to a point where it seems fit for release to others so I went ahead and forked the main project and submitted a pull request for sickbattery to look over and consider including for the next release.

All of these are included:
domosapien said:
Any plans on adding a background color + transparency (I would like to have a light background)?
Tink said:
Add an option to give a line a background with transparency settings
pcarton said:
(could be improved, right now it leaves a blank line)
drunkkidsgaming said:
I don't know if this is possible but if it is it would be just the perfect thing ever to somehow have the plugin interpret twitch face name codes and insert the corresponding twitch face.
Oh also, slightly easier possible addition, pulling in the colors of peoples chat names, or worst case, randomizing the users chat name colors, I know it probably seems stupid but for some reason I and my chat like having different name colors instead of one big wall of white text and one other color on the name.
Both done - support for standard faces, sub faces, and BetterTwitchTV faces. User Nick colors from Twitch (optional) should work exactly as their client does - thanks for the link xiuide :) You can enable this if you're connecting to other IRC servers just to get the default color, which looks random but will be static per nick.

And after digging around in the code for a week I wanted to post some responses to these:

drathek said:
However, is there any way to right align the text as well as have chat appear top down instead of bottom up (in wrap mode)?
I looked quickly at how to add this and it won't be easy, but of course is do-able.
DbX said:
Maybe it has something to do with talking on your own channel? Another thing that -might- be worth mentioning (probably not) is that I was given a name change and my account is now 3 characters long (minimum when registering to Twitch is still 4 I believe).
Neither of these things should cause the behavior you mentioned.. not sure what would though...

that would be awesome! any chance I can grab the plugin with the new additions atm or do we have to wait for sickbattery's approval?

edit: every now and then it gives me an error pop up saying the irc is not connected and have to reconnect it

okuRaku

I get that error periodically too; also the chat is lagged very often. I think it might just be the current state of the chat servers (Twitch Plays phenomenon to blame?).

To your first question, you can download the fork we made but just remember it doesn't have the original author's approval yet. I've been using it without any major issues [that I've noticed] but just be aware. If you do find a problem post up here and hopefully we can fix it.

XeiZ

edit: ignore this, i was being a huge derp... shouldnt fiddle around with stuff when i just woke up...;p

Niamor

okuRaku said:
I get that error periodically too; also the chat is lagged very often. I think it might just be the current state of the chat servers (Twitch Plays phenomenon to blame?).

To your first question, you can download the fork we made but just remember it doesn't have the original author's approval yet. I've been using it without any major issues [that I've noticed] but just be aware. If you do find a problem post up here and hopefully we can fix it.

I'm not very familiar with codeplex and probably missing something, I see your fork but I can't find a way to download it...

drathek

Niamor said:
okuRaku said:

I'm not very familiar with codeplex and probably missing something, I see your fork but I can't find a way to download it...

Should just be the blue download button underneath Issues near the top right

okuRaku

I was really hoping sickbattery would have a chance to look over the pull request sooner but it's been a couple weeks now, so I guess he/she really is super busy :)

I don't really feel comfortable posting it directly here (again, it is sickbattery's project and I want his/her feedback) so if you want the binaries I'm using please send me a PM.

Alternatively, you are welcome to download the source and build it yourself, I used the free version of Visual Studio to make the changes myself and it was very straightforward.