Question / Help Custom CSS for Browser Source doesn't work !

JohnKnightRider

Hi guys !

I've been trying to overwrite some CSS code in the custom CSS field but I'm having issues.
Basically I'm trying to align items from an event list to the right on some scenes :
eventright.png
and to the left on some others :
eventleft.png
The thing is that I managed to find the code that can do that, so when I change it directly on StreamLabs.com it's working !
But when I try to overwrite the CSS with that exact same code in OBS it doesn't do anything.

More interesting, I'm able to apply changes to body{...[blabla my properties]...} and html{...} but when I try to do the same to .message, .tag {...} nothing happens.

Is there something that I'm missing ?

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Try including !important in the alignment, however it's possible that due to the way it's written on the third party's end, their CSS may be after ours and therefore overriding.

JohnKnightRider

Try including !important in the alignment, however it's possible that due to the way it's written on the third party's end, their CSS may be after ours and therefore overriding.
Thanks for your answer !
Oh ok I see, so OBS is applying the custom CSS before the one on StreamLabs. That might be the reason.
But I think that I already tried to remove all the arguments/properties that I tried to overwrite on StreamLabs side so that it wouldn't be overwriten after.
Guess I'll need to find another way to do that !