Crash When Switching Scene Collections - OSX

Ech.io

Description:
The issue is pretty simple, when I try to switch scene collections, OBS Studio crashes almost every time. What happens is a little bit different every time, but usually it crashes, a crash report comes up about 20 seconds later, and when I reopen, it is back and functioning in the initial scene collection, so the scene collection change didn't work. I've tried making new, entirely blank scene collections. These usually crash too. If, however, one of them does happen to work, I can usually switch between all my other scene collections, except my main one. It's just my main scene that doesn't work to get out of, the one I use for most of my projects including zoom presentations and video recording. It works when open, but I can't switch away from it. I've started using the Revalver 4 VST plugin so I can play my guitar through OBS, and this often brings up a license error message. Perhaps this is part of the issue, but I don't have an easy way to disable it...

Problem:
OBS Crashes when changing out of my main scene collection, before the change takes effect.

Things I've tried:
-Examining the .json file -> I was unable to understand this, what I did understand looked okay but I don't know.
-Deleting all OBS files to restart OBS, then importing my previously exported scene collections -> This made things better, but after one or two switches, the issue was back.
-Deleting unnecessary scenes and sources from my scene collection -> I removed everything I didn't need or could recreate. This didn't help.
-Using OBS without my main scene collection -> OBS seems to work fine, but I spent a lot of time on that scene collection and I don't want to start from scratch.
-Renaming stuff that seemed problematic -> no effect
-Updating OBS -> didn't seem to fix anything

System Details, etc.:
Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/CtKVGfayA2WoC06H
Crash Log: https://pastebin.com/jM6hW9E5
Specs: 2017 15" MacBook Pro, 16gb ram, 2.9Ghz, Radeon Pro 560 4 GB
OBS Version: 25.0.8 (same issue on previous version)
Plug-ins (off the top of my head): NDI HX, NDI Tools, and VST audio plugins, including Revalver 4

If I get a working answer, I will write it here for anyone having the same issue :)

keylevel

I'm seeing the same crash running 26.1.2 under Big Sur. I've also not found a work around.

Updated to add:

Removing a couple of scenes from the scene selection that was active at startup (including after a crash) has allowed me to switch to the collection I need to use for a presentation tomorrow ;-)

keylevel

Or not - I quit with my desired scene collection selected, but on reopening it has switched back to the one I don't want and crashes whenever I try to change again.

keylevel

I am able to switch scenes by manually selecting it in the global.ini settings file:

Code:
SceneCollection=MyScene
SceneCollectionFile=MyScene

So, it looks as if the problem isn't related to the content of the files themselves.

Razz2

I am having the same type of issue, and opened my own thread, but has anyone figured this out? I too am able to change collections via the global.ini, but changing in app fails. My thread is here if anyone has input: