OBS Mac v27.0.1 Crash on Scene Collection Change

Razz2

I have upgraded to OBS 27.0.1, from 26.1.2, on MacOS Cataline 10.15.7 and it crashes with a Scene Collection change. Based on a thread I found (link below) I was able to change the collection in the global.ini with success.

A number of the collections loaded in 27 with missing file errors, so I manually loaded each and every collection by changing the ini and corrected all the issues. I also realized I had a LUT applied to 2 video sources in each collection, which didn't cause errors, butI just saw them fail in the logs (they had been moved to a new drive). I corrected those as well. All collections now load without issue IF I load them through the ini, but changing within OBS crashes 99% of the time.

I removed all and added them back in slowly but cant identify a pattern as to why or when a specific collection will fail. I am aware of the older Browser Source issues, but I did upgrade to the latest 26,x before going to 27, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Looking at the logs the last thing it ever says is that it changed collections and then it dies.

Can anyone shed light on why these crash in 27 but work fine in 26?

Thanks for any help.

Log file attached
Link Referenced Above: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/crash-when-switching-scene-collections-osx.130970/
OBS Ver: 27.0.1
MacOS: Cataline - 10.15.7

Attachments

• 2021-09-01 01-04-27.txt
    51.7 KB · Views: 22

Razz2

Quick update: after browsing for a while I found a few threads that suggest it could either be the NDI Plugin or having scenes that were duplicated.

I believe I’m up to date on the NDI plug-in, but I’ll confirm that and test with and without it, and other plugins.

I do have scenes that started as duplicates. Really hoping I don’t need to rebuild those from scratch. I’d rather figure out what’s in a duplicate that might cause the issue and try to fix that if possible.

Razz2

After some testing my guess is that the issue relates to replicated scene collections, as mentioned in another thread I found. What could be in a duplicated collection that causes this?

Does anyone know if there is some line of code we can change in the json file to fix this, rather than completely recreate the collections?

jsowers897

I have been having this problem forever and finally gave up. Then today I tried something and it worked. Whatever scene you are on when you open OBS (Before the crash) Remove that scene from the Scene Collection menu. Once I did that I was able to switch between them all again. The scene I removed was actually still there in name only, but the scene was blank, I removed it a 2nd time just to be safe.