Composite Blur

Composite Blur 1.1.0

Hey first of all thanks for your work to provide the plugin. However, after several attemps with different approaches I can not still make it run in my OBS 29.1.3. Is there any other tip why the filter is not shown in my obs, other filters which i installed are shown however. Thanks in advance and have a good day
Sorry you're having issues with the installation. Can you please let me know what your OS is? Also, one thing I need to clarify a bit- if you're using a non-english language (e.g.- your system is set up for ES or DE), there are translations, and the filter name will be different in the filter list. (I only bring up the language issue, as others have mentioned they were expecting to see "Composite Blur" in the filter list, instead of their native language)

Kaherdin

Hello,
First of all thanks for your work !
Still I have an issue, the plugin is correctly installed (installed it automatically and manually) i see all folders in place in 32 bits folder, 64 bits folder and data folder.
But the filter don't show up in the list when i try to use it in OBS. Considering your last post i tried to put my OBS in english but it still doesn't show up.
Could you help me to fix this issue ?
Thanks !

Hello,
First of all thanks for your work !
Still I have an issue, the plugin is correctly installed (installed it automatically and manually) i see all folders in place in 32 bits folder, 64 bits folder and data folder.
But the filter don't show up in the list when i try to use it in OBS. Considering your last post i tried to put my OBS in english but it still doesn't show up.
Could you help me to fix this issue ?
Thanks !
Hi @Kaherdin- Apologies for taking a while to get back to you, I've been at a conference over the weekend. Can you please let me know what version of OBS you are running and what OS you are using? (I'll be in and out a bit today as I am traveling home, so my responses may be delayed a bit).

Kaherdin

Hi @Kaherdin- Apologies for taking a while to get back to you, I've been at a conference over the weekend. Can you please let me know what version of OBS you are running and what OS you are using? (I'll be in and out a bit today as I am traveling home, so my responses may be delayed a bit).
Hello,
Sorry for my late response
I am using OBS 27.2.4 with windows 10.
Still i tried to install another plugin of that kind and i have the same issue, i can't explain why...

Alva

Hey first of all thanks for your work to provide the plugin. However, after several attemps with different approaches I can not still make it run in my OBS 29.1.3. Is there any other tip why the filter is not shown in my obs, other filters which i installed are shown however. Thanks in advance and have a good day
Same problem. Cant see it at the Filter section. Tryed it with the windows installer and the zip pack....

Same problem. Cant see it at the Filter section. Tryed it with the windows installer and the zip pack....
Hi @Alva-

Can you please confirm that you're running OBS 28.0.0 or later, and what your OS is? If you are running OBS 28 or greater, can you please restart OBS, then go to the Help menu --> Log Files --> Upload Current Log File, and DM me the link that it gives you? This will help me troubleshoot why the filters are not loading properly.

Alva

Hi @Alva-

Can you please confirm that you're running OBS 28.0.0 or later, and what your OS is? If you are running OBS 28 or greater, can you please restart OBS, then go to the Help menu --> Log Files --> Upload Current Log File, and DM me the link that it gives you? This will help me troubleshoot why the filters are not loading properly.
Hi :) I send you a DM. Thanks for your help

ball2hi

Hello. For this plugin, would it be more efficient to use a plugin to source-clone a game capture, crop the capture, then apply blur? Or is it safe to just blur the original game capture? I think with StreamFX a while back, this was necessary because if you simply crop-blurred onto the original game capture source StreamFX would apply a blur to the entire capture and then crop which cause serious performance issues especially at higher resolutions.

Delaski

Hello, I'm having a problem I think with the installation? Or I don't know, I have downloaded it from the installer, but it doesn't appear in my obs even after restarting it. Does it have anything to do with the new version? I have 30.0, but it is still strange because I have downloaded other plugins without problems. I'm looking forward to a solution

Hello. For this plugin, would it be more efficient to use a plugin to source-clone a game capture, crop the capture, then apply blur? Or is it safe to just blur the original game capture? I think with StreamFX a while back, this was necessary because if you simply crop-blurred onto the original game capture source StreamFX would apply a blur to the entire capture and then crop which cause serious performance issues especially at higher resolutions.
Similar to StreamFX, the mask options on this plug blur the entire source, then apply a mask to only show the blur in certain areas. That said, you should find the Gaussian blur ~50-60% more efficient than the algorithm used for StreamFX, and the Dual Kawase blur is nearly free.

If you're on the edge due to your resolution or the GPU you use, then yes, you can save some GPU use by first applying a crop *filter* to the source, then apply the blur filter. If you just use the transformation cropping/scaling in the main OBS interface, it still sends the original full-size source through the filter, so it won't gain you anything.

Please let me know how it goes. I am trying to keep these blur plugins highly optimized, and knowing edge cases people are running into, helps me to make them even more efficient.

Hello, I'm having a problem I think with the installation? Or I don't know, I have downloaded it from the installer, but it doesn't appear in my obs even after restarting it. Does it have anything to do with the new version? I have 30.0, but it is still strange because I have downloaded other plugins without problems. I'm looking forward to a solution
Hi @Delaski,

Sorry you are having issues getting the plugin to work. The plugin should be fully compatible with OBS 30. The most common reason for the plugin not showing up, seems to be the German translation. I'm not sure if you are using a German localized version of OBS, but if you are, the name of the filter in the list is "Zusammengesetzter Weichzeichner," instead of being "Composite Blur," and a lot of people are not seeing it as it is at the bottom of the filter list. I am going to be changing the filter name to all English in future versions so that the name matches the documentation.

If that isn't your issue, can you please send me a DM here on the forum, and I can help you get it working. I'll need you to send me your OBS version, what OS you are on, and a link to a fresh OBS startup log. To do this- make sure OBS is closed, then re-open it. Go to the Help Menu, then Log Files, then Upload Current Log File. Copy the link that pops up, and send it to me in a DM here on the forum.

FiniteSingularity updated Composite Blur with a new update entry:

Feature Release 1.1.0

Release 1.1.0​

I'm excited to announce the first new feature release of the Composite Blur Plugin! Thank you to everyone who has downloaded and used the plugin, shared the amazing things they've built with it, opened issues/bug reports for issues they've found, and shared ideas for new features. There are several new features in this release, as well as some (minor) breaking changes you'll want to be aware of, so make sure to keep reading!

Breaking...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jay-GWN

First off thank you very much for all your time and devotion to a great plugin.

I have recently tried again with intermittent success to get it to work.
I have OBS 30.0.2 installed running in Administrative Mode ( and have tried without) and the plugin sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
By "working" I mean when I right-click a source , select FILTER I sometimes see Composite Blur in the list of installed plugins and sometimes (most times) not.
I am on Windows 11 pro using an Nvidia RTX 2070 Super for the GPU. I see `obs-composite--blur.dll` file and a `obs-composite-blur.pdb` file in both 32bit and 64bit folders.
I am stumped as I cannot seem to recreate the conditions that make it work fine.

Thanks for ANY help!

First off thank you very much for all your time and devotion to a great plugin.

I have recently tried again with intermittent success to get it to work.
I have OBS 30.0.2 installed running in Administrative Mode ( and have tried without) and the plugin sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
By "working" I mean when I right-click a source , select FILTER I sometimes see Composite Blur in the list of installed plugins and sometimes (most times) not.
I am on Windows 11 pro using an Nvidia RTX 2070 Super for the GPU. I see `obs-composite--blur.dll` file and a `obs-composite-blur.pdb` file in both 32bit and 64bit folders.
I am stumped as I cannot seem to recreate the conditions that make it work fine.

Thanks for ANY help!
That is very strange that it works some times and not others, and isn't something I've seen (my primary testing OBS is 30.0.2, and it runs composite blur without issue). Could you please try firing up OBS, and if the composite blur filter is not showing up, go to the Help Menu, Log Files, then Upload Current Log. It will give you a URL. Please either post the URL (or if you'd like to keep the log private, DM it to me). That will help me see what might be going on.

Jay-GWN

That is very strange that it works some times and not others, and isn't something I've seen (my primary testing OBS is 30.0.2, and it runs composite blur without issue). Could you please try firing up OBS, and if the composite blur filter is not showing up, go to the Help Menu, Log Files, then Upload Current Log. It will give you a URL. Please either post the URL (or if you'd like to keep the log private, DM it to me). That will help me see what might be going on.
Hi!
Sorry it took so long to get back.
here is the url to my current log file ( with the Composite blur not working)...

Thank you for your help Finite!

Hi!
Sorry it took so long to get back.
here is the url to my current log file ( with the Composite blur not working)...

Thank you for your help Finite!
Looking through that log, there is no attempt by OBS to load the plugin. It's strange that sometimes it would load, and other times it wouldn't (and leads me to believe that either some weird permissions issue is happening, or it wasn't fully installed).

When you originally installed the plugin, did you use the installer or did you do a manual install? Regardless I'd recommend removing the plugin, and then re-install it and see if that clears it up. If you used the installer, to remove, you should be able to run the installer again, and select uninstall. If you installed the plugin manually, you'll need to remove the `obs-composite-blur` directory from `data/obs-plugins/` and then you'll need to remove the `obs-composite-blur.dll` and `.pdb` files you mention in your original message.

Jay-GWN

I originally installed with the windows installer.
Tried the manual way putting both files in 64bit and 32 bit as well.
I did NOT try uninstalling thru the installer though.
I will try that and get back to you.
Thank you for all your help.