Resource icon

Free Command line tool for obs-websocket plugin (Windows) 1.6.3

azlozi

Hello. Could you make the program window by default or optionally hidden? Otherwise, sometimes the games switch to it when sending the command and the desktop becomes visible.

FSC

Hello. Could you make the program window by default or optionally hidden? Otherwise, sometimes the games switch to it when sending the command and the desktop becomes visible.
Hi,

OBSCommand is a command line tool and does not have a program window, it depends on how you start it if you see a console or not.
Try choosing "minimized" or "hidden" if you have that options in the app you are using to start OBSCommand.

If that's not an option, there are workarounds like this:

1. Create a file in notepad, name it "OBScmdHidden.vbs" and place it next to OBSCommand.exe

2. Copy and paste this 8 lines of vbscript code (or use the attached file):

Code:
Dim WShell
Set WShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
For Index = 0 To WScript.Arguments.Count - 1
    Arguments = Arguments & " " & WScript.Arguments(Index)
Next
Arguments = Replace(Arguments,"'","""")
WShell.Run "OBSCommand.exe " & Arguments, 0
Set WShell = Nothing

3. Now instead of directly using OBSCommand.exe you call OBSHidden.vbs like this:

wscript OBScmdHidden.vbs /scene=MyScene /startrecording /setvolume=Music,100,50

Note: If you have values that contain spaces, use apostrophes ( ' ) to encapsulate them like this:

wscript OBScmdHidden.vbs /scene='My Scene' /startrecording /setvolume='My Music',100,50

Attachments

• OBScmdHidden.zip
    334 bytes · Views: 47

azlozi

Hi,

OBSCommand is a command line tool and does not have a program window, it depends on how you start it if you see a console or not.
Try choosing "minimized" or "hidden" if you have that options in the app you are using to start OBSCommand.

If that's not an option, there are workarounds like this:

1. Create a file in notepad, name it "OBScmdHidden.vbs" and place it next to OBSCommand.exe
Thank you. Implemented a similar call without a window through nircmd. What method do you think is safer and faster?

FSC

Thank you. Implemented a similar call without a window through nircmd. What method do you think is safer and faster?

Nircmd is perfectly fine, just use what you prefer, I don't see any security issue. Which one is faster I did not test that but I think if there is a difference it will probably be minimal.

@zan0125 No that's not possible.

kutibotond

hello again, could you perhaps add a delay possibility ? something like /delay=100 would trigger the commands lining up after it with a 1 sec delay ?

NvMedia

any possibility of creating a interact with browser command to do simple events like a click on page or refresh?

eliteproxy

I ported this to C#, in .NET core, minus the Volume Control options: https://github.com/PatriotDevOps/OBSCommand

Feel free to help finish it if you want, I just didn't feel it was worth my time to add Volume Control since I didn't need it. I also have added an AHK script to the project for automating restream.io, which I use for my own purpose to set titles when going live.

Big thanks for writing this, it really helped me clear up some issues I had with a junk script I was using before.

FSC

I ported this to C#, in .NET core, minus the Volume Control options: https://github.com/PatriotDevOps/OBSCommand

Feel free to help finish it if you want, I just didn't feel it was worth my time to add Volume Control since I didn't need it. I also have added an AHK script to the project for automating restream.io, which I use for my own purpose to set titles when going live.

Big thanks for writing this, it really helped me clear up some issues I had with a junk script I was using before.

Thanks for sharing! But why did you not ask me for the latest sources, the new "generalized" version of obs-websocket-dotnet makes everything so much easier... https://pastebin.com/8abvhyyc

zzm

Okay, I need a little help here...

I'm able to SET a bunch of different things fine from OBSCommand but it seems like i'm missing some argument when I'm trying to GET parameters...

I've got a scene with a Media Source I've named "Beep1" that I've added an Image Mask Filter and a Luma Key Filter on, so from the commandline I type:

OBSCommand.exe /command=GetSourceFilters,sourceName=Beep1

and OBSCommand just responds with an "Ok"

(I've also tried this with GetSourceSettings)

What am I doing wrong?

alphawong

Thanks for sharing! But why did you not ask me for the latest sources, the new "generalized" version of obs-websocket-dotnet makes everything so much easier... https://pastebin.com/8abvhyyc
yo man.

Ur smart tools help my company business. But my CTO would like to have opensource version of it. It will be great if u can public the github repo for ur tools.

Any positive way for it ?