Resource icon

Free Command line tool for obs-websocket plugin (Windows) 1.6.3

TiZ

I meant a source or Linux release for your command line utility. Command line automation is what I'm looking for, and you've already written a tool. If I must write my own tool, I will.

FSC

You have to make it yourself. OBSCommand is written for Windows .net Framework in VB.net, I can't compile that for Linux (correct me if I'm wrong).
Here is the source: https://pastebin.com/QK8EwzQw
However, the heavy part is in the obs-websocket API it is using (I'm using the the C#/VB.net variant). OBSCommand is doing not much more than parsing the command line arguments and passing it to the obs-websocket API. How this is done is in the examples on the obs-websocket Github.

TiZ

VB.net can be compiled on Linux with Mono or .NET Core. Thank you for sharing the source!

emanueledm

Hi,
line command is very good idea, but it would be perfect if there was the possibility of obtaining lists of scenes and sources with specific command line, like :

OBSCommand.exe /scenelist

Without that is very difficult to apply this binary and join with web project.

Best regards
Emanuele

PS Is it possible to download the cs project?

FSC

Hi Emanuele,

I can't imagine what a printout in command line of the source list would be good for.

"Without that is very difficult to apply this binary and join with web project."
What are you talking about here?

I have no cs project. I posted the vb.net source from OBSCommand above.

Best regards,
FSC-SOFT

kutibotond

Hey, love the little app, very handy. I noticed it cannot run multiple of the same kind of commands at one go like "OBSCommand.exe /mute="Mic" /mute="Windows" " but it can do "OBSCommand.exe /mute="Mic" /hidesource="Apower" ". Actually I'd like to run these two in one go. Are you considering this upgrade ?

FSC

Hey, love the little app, very handy. I noticed it cannot run multiple of the same kind of commands at one go like "OBSCommand.exe /mute="Mic" /mute="Windows" " but it can do "OBSCommand.exe /mute="Mic" /hidesource="Apower" ". Actually I'd like to run these two in one go. Are you considering this upgrade ?

That was a good suggestion and not too hard to implement! Check out version 1.4

kutibotond

Hello :)! I have another suggestion for a feature that I'm looking for. Have an option for /startrecording like "/startrecording="C:\whatever.txt" or "/startrecording /title="C:\whatever.txt". The content of the file (first line) would become the title of the recording. Adding the time of the recording in front of that as possibility would be killer too.

FSC

Hello :)! I have another suggestion for a feature that I'm looking for. Have an option for /startrecording like "/startrecording="C:\whatever.txt" or "/startrecording /title="C:\whatever.txt". The content of the file (first line) would become the title of the recording. Adding the time of the recording in front of that as possibility would be killer too.

Not sure what you mean, you can set the content from a text using a file in OBS with Text (GDI+) source (check "Read from file").
I don't see a "title" for a recording. Also, you can't set a filename for the recording file from what I see, only a path would be possible.

Anyways, this tool was born as a favor for a twitch streamer. I don't used it and therefore I never planned to add more features from websocket plugin.
If it benefits the initial goal I will do changes like the last one.
Btw. the source is available, if you can do some C# and VB you can add your own features.

Hey hey! I just bought a Stream Deck but use NDI for my two PC setup and was looking to set a button that would start and stop the stream on the other PC. I've installed websockets 4.5 and OBSCommand 1.4 but it just...doesn't seem to work.

If I issue the command to tell my server PC to start the stream (so \OBSCommand.exe //server=192.168.1.150:4444 /startstream), the software returns Ok nothing happens on the server. When I first tried, it would say "Steaming is already active" if I tried to issue that command again, until I issued /stopstream. However, OBS never responds on my server. Other websockets stuff does appear to work so it's rather odd. Not sure if this is related to OBS 23 or something else.

Any thoughts? I love the idea of your tool, just feel I'm missing something. :) Thanks for your hard work!

FSC

Hey hey! I just bought a Stream Deck but use NDI for my two PC setup and was looking to set a button that would start and stop the stream on the other PC. I've installed websockets 4.5 and OBSCommand 1.4 but it just...doesn't seem to work.

If I issue the command to tell my server PC to start the stream (so \OBSCommand.exe //server=192.168.1.150:4444 /startstream), the software returns Ok nothing happens on the server. When I first tried, it would say "Steaming is already active" if I tried to issue that command again, until I issued /stopstream. However, OBS never responds on my server. Other websockets stuff does appear to work so it's rather odd. Not sure if this is related to OBS 23 or something else.

Any thoughts? I love the idea of your tool, just feel I'm missing something. :) Thanks for your hard work!

I found the problem, the server argument is ignored and it is connecting to the default local server.

I fixed it in this version:
https://www.voicemacro.net/ForumVM/uploads/editor/raeu/OBSCommand_1.4.1.zip

Let me know if this is working for you. Thank you!

MarcioGhiraldelli

A little while ago I installed pluguin vlc to run audio streaming on my obs. So far so good, but if I turn off the audio streaming shoutcast, when I log in obs studio does not return the audio. it looks like it's off. Is there a way, some script that I can install or some command that I can automate the obs so that always check the audio streaming if it is online and in case it is not it is called again so that it works? I use obs in ubuntu linux

FSC

Hey, thx for your nice tool. possible to get the "SaveReplayBuffer" command?

Check 1.4.2, I added a universal /command option.

The syntax is like this:
OBSCommand /command=SaveReplayBuffer

@MarcioGhiraldelli: Sorry I can't help you with that, as I have stated before, I do not use OBS much other than for the occasional screen recording.