Resource icon

Free Command line tool for obs-websocket plugin (Windows) 1.6.3

FSC

FSC submitted a new resource:

Command line tool for obs-websocket plugin - Enables contol of OBS Studio via command line

A small tool to enable control of OBS Studio via command line.

Requires obs-websocket plugin (included): https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-websocket-remote-control-of-obs-studio-made-easy.466/

Usage:
OBSCommand.exe /server=127.0.0.1:4444 /password=xxxx /profile=myprofile /scene=myscene /hidesource=myscene/mysource /showsource=myscene/mysource /toggleaudio=myaudio /startstream /stopstream...

Read more about this resource...

SP_OBS

Excellent tool, using this linked with my stream deck to control my Dual PC stream setup <3

Only feature I'd like is a "toggle" source option. Currently forced to use two buttons with two different command parameters for a single source to be on or off, would be better to just toggle its state with one command.

FSC

Excellent tool, using this linked with my stream deck to control my Dual PC stream setup <3

Only feature I'd like is a "toggle" source option. Currently forced to use two buttons with two different command parameters for a single source to be on or off, would be better to just toggle its state with one command.
I thought stream deck can have toggle buttons?
The WebSocket plugin OBSCommand is using does not offer this feature. Here is a list of all available "request" options that OBSCommand could use:
https://github.com/Palakis/obs-websocket/blob/master/docs/generated/protocol.md#requests

SP_OBS

I thought stream deck can have toggle buttons?
The WebSocket plugin OBSCommand is using does not offer this feature. Here is a list of all available "request" options that OBSCommand could use:
https://github.com/Palakis/obs-websocket/blob/master/docs/generated/protocol.md#requests

Stream deck has toggle button for hotkeys and OBS sources running on the local machine, no toggle for executing external applications.

Looking at the documentation, toggle is very much possible if you perform two actions instead of relying on just one. GetSourceSettings to get the current visibility state, then SetSourceSettings to set visibility to the opposite of its current state.

gcpz

I love it is it possible to have mute audio source and unmute audio source to be seperate commands?

FSC

Stream deck has toggle button for hotkeys and OBS sources running on the local machine, no toggle for executing external applications.

Looking at the documentation, toggle is very much possible if you perform two actions instead of relying on just one. GetSourceSettings to get the current visibility state, then SetSourceSettings to set visibility to the opposite of its current state.

You are correct! This is new in the latest websocket plugin version!
I managed to implement this new command but unfortunately, it is not working correctly. With GetSourceSettings I only get the correct state (visible = True or False) from sources ONCE after OBS started up, after that no matter if I manually hide or unhide a source or do it via websocket-plugin, it always returns the initial state. I will keep an eye on this...

FSC

I love it is it possible to have mute audio source and unmute audio source to be seperate commands?

Yep! New command line options "mute=myaudio" and "unmute=myaudio" will be implemented in the next version!

gcpz

Yep! New command line options "mute=myaudio" and "unmute=myaudio" will be implemented in the next version!
Thank you! that''ll be really useful to be sure that i've muted instead! Was wondering when the next version will be and what more new goodies you have?

FSC

Thank you! that''ll be really useful to be sure that i've muted instead! Was wondering when the next version will be and what more new goodies you have?
You're welcome!
I would have already released it, but with that other unfinished feature not working as it should, I am currently holding it back.
So far no other features (of what's possible via websocket-plugin) have been requested.
And since I don't even use OBSCommand myself, I'm not adding more features just for fun ;)

Hi FSC,

great tool, I LOVE it,

the last thing I miss ist the feature with mute="source" and Unmute. This will the last missing thing.

I combined your tool with a little autoit script for remote.... I only can say great and I hope
We get the next update soon....

Michael

GibStorm

Specifically the control over filters. The most important thing for me, is to be able to enable and disable the chroma key filter on my webcam.

FSC

Specifically the control over filters. The most important thing for me, is to be able to enable and disable the chroma key filter on my webcam.

There is no option to toggle the visible state of a filter with the current obs-websocket version.

Looks like you can only change 3 values for Chroma Key, this is all I got from "GetSourceFilters":

{{
"filters": [
{
"name": "Chroma Key",
"settings": {
"key_color_type": "blue",
"similarity": 285,
"spill": 76

},
"type": "chroma_key_filter"
}
],