Resource icon

Color Monitor 0.6.1

BenAndo

1. I'm considering the zebra... Do you prefer to have zebra on ROI (region of interest) view or adding another view dedicated for zebra?
2. You can add the color monitor sources on multiview by following steps.
a. Create a empty scene
b. Add sources such as Vectorscope in the scene and change it's property to your preferred source.
Is this what you want or do you have something different in your mind?
1. Another view dedicated for zebra would be more ideal for me. I'd want to overlay it onto a camera feed and see the zebra's on the video feed in real time.
2. No I'm after having a way for the color monitor to overlay onto multiple scene's and all be viewed at once in the multiview. That way I could monitor for example the histogram reading on multiple camera angles that are in different scenes.

Bug report:
For some reason when ever I switch scene collections, the number of "scope: programs" get doubled in the docks menu.
Still cool plugin though but please fix the bug.

Attachments

• colour monitor bug.png
    colour monitor bug.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 94

CB_Demented

Thank you for the detailed bug report. I never tested with changing the scene collection.
I filed as an Issue on github.
I'm experiencing the same thing. I duplicated a scene collection, and then all I could see in that profile, other profiles, and all scene collections, where multiple docks for Color monitor and the preview window. All other docks showed as open in the view, but were color monitor including scenes, sources, controls etc.

norihiro

The issue of the number of docks to increases when switching scene-collection is fixed.
I'm implementing the method to close the docks already created by the bug. I think the new version will be released in this week.

norihiro

norihiro updated OBS Color Monitor with a new update entry:

OBS Color Monitor 0.2.4

This is a hotfix release of OBS Color Monitor.

This release fixed a bug on dock.
  • Fixed a bug that the dock increased when changing scene-collection. Changes below are made to fix the many docks generated by this bug.
  • Added a feature to remove dock(s).
  • Removed a default dock and and added a feature to add docks from `Tools` menu.
From this release, the steps to open a new dock is changed.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Attachments

• colour monitor bug 2.png
    colour monitor bug 2.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 59
  • obs not responding.png
    obs not responding.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 60

norihiro

OBS Color Monitor 0.2.6

This is a hotfix release of OBS Color Monitor.
Changes in this release are as below.
  • dock has several bug fixes.
    • Crash when changing component type between RGB and Luma in histogram, reported by @ASchneider.
    • Dock title could not be set on Windows, reported by @datlaunchystark.
      In addition, default name will be set when creating a new dock.
    • ROI does not work if there is no scope selecting YUV (Luma, Chroma).
    • ROI selection...

BenAndo

Please consider adding false color to the ROI. Or some sort of false color integration. Alternatively the ability to add a LUT to the ROI would be great, then I could apply a false color LUT for example without it affecting the program view and have it all in the scope dock. I know there are other ways of achieving this by adding an extra scene but direction integration I think would be cool.

norihiro

Please consider adding false color to the ROI. Or some sort of false color integration. Alternatively the ability to add a LUT to the ROI would be great, then I could apply a false color LUT for example without it affecting the program view and have it all in the scope dock. I know there are other ways of achieving this by adding an extra scene but direction integration I think would be cool.
Yes, zebra and false-color are on my TODO list. I was doing something else and almost forget about that. I appreciate you for reminding me about that.
By the way, do you have a suggestion about the color pattern of false color? Usually light side is red and dark side is dark-purple but middle colors vary among tools.

BenAndo

That's great. I'm very excited to hear zebra's are coming!

For false color I like the middle colors to be green and pinky peach, but that's just me. I'm just basing that off how the Black Magic Cinema Pocket Cameras work which is what I'm currently using. But whatever is the most standard way of representing it is probably best. Perhaps you could include an option to pick the different middle color standards from a dropdown list, e.g. R3D, SmallHD, ARRI, Atomos, Zacuto etc. This link gives a list of the different standards: https://timeinpixels.com/docs/nobe-omniscope/scope-types/false-color

BenAndo

That's great. I'm very excited to hear zebra's are coming!

For false color I like the middle colors to be green and pinky peach, but that's just me. I'm just basing that off how the Black Magic Cinema Pocket Cameras work which is what I'm currently using. But whatever is the most standard way of representing it is probably best. Perhaps you could include an option to pick the different middle color standards from a dropdown list, e.g. R3D, SmallHD, ARRI, Atomos, Zacuto etc. This link gives a list of the different standards: https://timeinpixels.com/docs/nobe-omniscope/scope-types/false-color

norihiro

OBS Color Monitor 0.3.0

This is an experimental release of OBS Color Monitor.
For users prefering stability, [0.2.6](https://github.com/norihiro/obs-color-monitor/releases/tag/0.2.6) is recommended.

Changes from 0.2.6
  • Added Zebra.
  • Added False Color.
  • Fixed a crash when OBS Studio is about to exit.
  • vectorscope: Added a new feature to zoom by mouse wheel.
  • vectorscope: Adjust center of the black point.
  • dock: Put dock on the left if the preview is selected at creation...

BenAndo

Thanks for the update! I'm so very glad to see zebra support, it works perfectly and I'll be using it a lot. Thanks as well for making that it can be added as a filter.

Another scope that I think would make an awesome addition is focus peaking. An option to change the intensity of it would also be great.

A small tweak that would also be nice is, if possible, to have when adding a scope source that it shows up within a sub-menu. Similar to how there's Deprecated - Text (FreeType 2). e.g. you click + to add a source and then it has Scopes - False color, zebras etc. That way the new source add list isn't so long, given how many new sources this great plugin adds.

norihiro

Another scope that I think would make an awesome addition is focus peaking. An option to change the intensity of it would also be great.
I will consider about that. Since I'm not a professional in photograph, such comments are very welcome.

A small tweak that would also be nice is, if possible, to have when adding a scope source that it shows up within a sub-menu. Similar to how there's Deprecated - Text (FreeType 2). e.g. you click + to add a source and then it has Scopes - False color, zebras etc.
This idea has to go to OBS Studio because there is no API to add such a group. I think it should be valuable for a lot of users.

Leucis

After installing this plugin my OBS crashed multiple times and I even got a bluescreen once. I'm not tech savvy enough to know what the error was but here are the logs

Attachments

• Crash 2022-02-27 19-56-00.txt
    150 KB · Views: 27
  • Crash 2022-02-27 19-55-22.txt
    143.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Crash 2022-02-27 19-51-39.txt
    144.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Crash 2022-02-27 19-56-17.txt
    150 KB · Views: 26
  • Crash 2022-02-27 20-10-49.txt
    144.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Crash 2022-02-27 20-11-53.txt
    147.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Crash 2022-02-27 20-12-20.txt
    150 KB · Views: 28

Hetz BH

Hi, Any chance you could publish a small text file how to compile it for other Linux distributions? (I'm on Fedora 35), what needs to be installed in order to compile it etc please?

norihiro

Hi, Any chance you could publish a small text file how to compile it for other Linux distributions? (I'm on Fedora 35), what needs to be installed in order to compile it etc please?
My main development environment is Fedora 34. It should be much closer to your environment.
This script is my setup to build OBS Studio and my plugins. Before running this command, obs-studio and 3rd party plugins should be git-cloned into one directory (do not clone plugins into obs-studio).
In this script, you might need to adjust `prefix` for your install path of obs-studio.

I didn't summarize dependencies but obs-color-monitor should not require more dependencies than obs-studio requires to build. If you install obs-studio from rpm, I guess a package named like `obs-studio-devel` would be required.

norihiro

norihiro updated Color Monitor with a new update entry:

Color Monitor 0.3.1

This is a hotfix release of Color Monitor.

Changes from 0.3.0
  • Fixed false-color
    • Prior to this fix, color between 0.42 and 0.48 were light purple, which was supposed to be dark grey as documented.
      View attachment 82142

Limitation
  • Possible crash when changing scene-collection (Reported on the forum but couldn't be reproduced.)
  • Not all binaries are tested.
    • Windows...