CLR Browser Source Plugin [OBS Classic ONLY]

TheStormPow

Re: CLR Browser Source Plugin (New 64bit version, needs test

ColterTV said:
If you match the arch version (32 or 64 bit) of OBS and plugin, should show up in the add source menu option. Just be sure that if you installed the 64 bit version, you are actually launching that one (I believe the shortcut in the desktop links to the 32 one)

Well, I have 32-bit OBS on a 64-bit Win7 OS. I first installed the 32 bit version of the plugin, but it didn't work, so I downloaded the 64 bit version to humor myself, but still to no avail. Then I tried uninstalling the 32 bit version just to make sure they weren't conflicting, but still getting the same results.

EDIT: Turns out I have both 64 bit and 32 bit versions of OBS on my system for some reason.. Still can't get it to work on either.

ColterTV

But note that I'm talking that you need to pair the architecture. If you use OBS 32 bits with 64 bit plugin, it won't work

If you have a 64 bit OS, then:

32 bit OBS version is in c:\program files (x86)
64 bit OBS version is in c:\program files

So make sure you are putting the correct plugin in the correct folder, AND launching that version
I insist with this because is the most common installation error

Nightwalker

SneakyAzShiite said:
I tried the new version and the old version of this but cant get it to work. I downloaded it and unzipped. Then opened the first folder to copy the CLRhostPlugin folder and the CLRHostPlugin.dll into obs/plugins folder. I opened OBS and it wasnt listed as a plugin. So i went through CLRHostPlugin and clicked on CLRBrowserSourcePipe which gave me this error: "The program cant start because msvcr100d.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

I went online and redownloaded the program which is supposed to contain "msvcr100d.dll" but got the error again. I have windows 7 64bit OS and am Trying to install the 64bit plugin. If you need any additional information just ask. My main objective is to install the "Stream Donation Alert" from nightdev. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Install this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8328

BloodHawk

I've been trying to use this to display scoreboards and other things with cool effects using Stream Control. I can get the swf files I'm using to display, but they continuously loop and don't take any of the text changes I try to push using Stream Control or editing the XML files directly. Tried using both 32 and 64-bit versions of the plugin/OBS.

Any clue as to what I could be doing wrong?

Hallerfors

Hi guys! This seem like exactly the add-on I need. I'm trying to be able to restream a friends stream for a project. Only problem is, whenever I type in a page that has a stream on it, it doesn't show up. Instead it says that I need to download adobe flash player to be able to see it. I have a 64-bits system and am using the correct version of both.

Thank you in advance for all your possible help!
Martin

ColterTV

it doesn't show up. Instead it says that I need to download adobe flash player to be able to see it.

Tried downloading 'flash for other browsers' from Adobe ?

skyhigh340

Can't get it to work

I'm currently trying to use this plugin for http://nightdev.com/donationalert/ It tells you to use this plugin but I can't seem to get it to work. I installed the plugin correctly and have the option to add a CLR Browser. I'm trying to make it use this webpage,

https://www.nightdev.com/hosted/donatio ... eview=true

Everytime someone donates. I have it setup to open that website but when I open it in the Source it's just a plan black screen with no sound..

What do you suggest I do to go about of fixing this?

Hallerfors

ColterTV said:
it doesn't show up. Instead it says that I need to download adobe flash player to be able to see it.

Tried downloading 'flash for other browsers' from Adobe ?

Yes, I'm using Chrome. Could try to download it for explorer as well actually, but I doubt that will help.

EDIT: I just installed both for explorer and for other browsers and now it works. Thank you so much! Really, thanks!

ColterTV

Hallerfors said:
Yes, I'm using Chrome. Could try to download it for explorer as well actually, but I doubt that will help.

Actually if you use Chrome you probably don't have the flash plugin in your system as Chrome has it built-in. At least that happened to me a few times, was missing the flash plugin and the CLR browser would not render any flash content

Hallerfors

Yeah Colter, like I said, your help worked!

However, it opened a new question about this plugin. Now the stream is working perfectly (yey), but say I want it to use a different audiosource than the default one? I changed the source of OBS, but that did not help since this plugin actually has it's own process that sends the sound (or something like that, I'm not very techie).

Any solution to this other than simply setting my default device to the one I want this plugin to use and then change all other programs to the one I want them to use?

ColterTV

Oh sorry I didn't read you fixed it, nice :)

Not sure what your new issue is :D
I always thought that this plugin would use the device you specify in OBS as desktop sound, isn't the case?

Now that you mention it, I think I never used sound in my setups.. always SWF files with some kind of animation but no sound :O

lindenkron

Question to OP:
What browser is this using, because it does not seem to remember my login in either IE/FF/Chrome when using the plugin. And seeing as I can't "control" the window and login, I get stuck on login screen.

Like for example on youtube.

Edit: Would it be possible to get Chroma key support for it? Thanks.

Thanks!
Lindenkron

kIsS.kIt

I am having the following *.html file.
It works fine on IE9, Chrome and Firefox,
but not work with the CLR Browser Source Plugin.
I am using 64-bit OBS and the latest CLR Browser Source Plugin.
Code:
<html>
<head></head>
<body>
<video width="640" height="360" autoplay loop><source src="video.mp4" type="video/mp4"></video>
</body>
</html>

ColterTV

kIsS.kIt said:
but not work with the CLR Browser Source Plugin

Maybe because its a local file?
Have you tried searching the plugin options for a security option in regard of local links?

Why don't you use the video plugin instead?

kIsS.kIt

ColterTV said:
kIsS.kIt said:
but not work with the CLR Browser Source Plugin

Maybe because its a local file?
Have you tried searching the plugin options for a security option in regard of local links?

Why don't you use the video plugin instead?
Here's my advanced settings.
WadSKYt.png

I have tried to use the video plugin,
when the video is finished,
there would be a very very short time of black screen before looping the video or playing the next video,
I want to loop the video very smoothly, and I found HTML5 video player can achieve this.

ColterTV

Ah, I see. Yes theres a slight black screen when looping, I suffer that myself too :(

Not sure whats causing your issue then. Care to share the player so I play around a bit ?
I didn't saw the player in your original file

kIsS.kIt

ColterTV said:
Ah, I see. Yes theres a slight black screen when looping, I suffer that myself too :(

Not sure whats causing your issue then. Care to share the player so I play around a bit ?
My original file, are you talking about the *.html file?
Mine works fine in Chrome, IE and Firefox,
It only needs the video.mp4 in the same directory.

lindenkron

Damn. After going through 14 pages of people messing up their adobe flashes, browser versions and libraries - I can't believe no one has run into the issue of the CLR Browser not natively inheriting any of the sessions of any browser. So you can't get access to URLs that require a login, because you can't log in.

Edit: Even downloaded Chrominium and logged in on that - even THAT session isn't saved to CLR plugin. So basically you can't use this plugin for any feature that requires you to log in anywhere. Quite useless for versatile features then. Only works for basic "I have a img I can upload" situations.

^Anyone got any word on this or comments :/

ColterTV

kIsS.kIt said:
ColterTV said:

Here's a example from the previous browser plugin, I tried with the new one and works, maybe that rings a bell

http://catchexception.org/examples/html5-example.html

kIsS.kIt

ColterTV said:
kIsS.kIt said:
ColterTV said:

Here's a example from the previous browser plugin, I tried with the new one and works, maybe that rings a bell

http://catchexception.org/examples/html5-example.html
So I just tried the browser plugin,
and I configure the settings in this way,
J8Juo1z.png

and it doesn't work :(
How can you do that?